Sponsored

Do you think we will be informed of any plan to convert 2023 orders into a 2024 before July 17th?

OP
OP

Robert C

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I spoke to my dealer last week about my order status and when I brought up July ordering he denied the date was accurate. He questioned my source of information and said he was on a conference call where they mentioned it could actually be August or later.
Not sure what to believe but my dealer certainly has no plans for July!
Yeah, getting information on here and Ford Authority and Tim and Maverick Chat - Motor Trend, Car and Driver, places like that is the way to go.
It's really quite stunning how little the dealers know.
When I read I spoke to my dealer... I zoned out.
Anything after that will be nonsence.
Seriously, not being angry or cynical it's just that they are the last people on earth to know about something of the vechiles they sell.
How is that?
It's not like the old days where there were 30 models.
You got 5 or 6 vehicles to sell, how would you not know everything about them?
Sponsored

OP
OP

Robert C

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Have you tried searching this forum for that answer? Because it’s been talked about several times already and the consensus is that Ford will not be rolling over any unbuilt 2023 orders. If you’re 2023 order isn’t built, you need to place a new order for one for a 2024.
See that comes from that one statement by a Ford spokesman 9 months ago that everybody misconstrues on here.
He said they have no plan.
That's all he said.
He did not say you'll have to start all over - that is what was interpeted and talked about several times already in these forums.
That consensus is what I was talking about being so wrong. They had no plan - 9 months ago. I was asking if anyone heard of one now. A few responded saying what i wanted to hear. So I now have no idea.
Thank you Ford, may I have another.

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Stout is just unicorn dust at this time.
Order a 24 Mav Hybrid maybe a flip of a coin what you get first. I could see if you order a Mav and are guaranteed to get it. But some have been waiting close to two years. It really sucks waiting so long only to hear no Mav for you. Then get on the list for a 24 and get the same result.

• Sad
Reactions: GRB

Molsholl

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Order a 24 Mav Hybrid maybe a flip of a coin what you get first. I could see if you order a Mav and are guaranteed to get it. But some have been waiting close to two years. It really sucks waiting so long only to hear no Mav for you. Then get on the list for a 24 and get the same result.
Makes me wonder what’s the point…I ordered a 23 XL hybrid. I have at least a 70% chance of not being built before the model year ends. So let’s say they just roll me over. Did they change the way they handle all the previous year’s unsatisfied orders? Apparently not. Have they changed anything in the way these trucks are manufactured that will ramp up production (other than the third shift)? Doesn’t seem that way…Does Ford decree to the dealerships “ thou shalt send these trucks which we have bestowed to the faithful flock waiting endless days” instead of throwing us all back in the same mix again? So I wait to be plucked from obscurity to get a truck based on some magical algorithm….heavy sigh

Sponsored

OP
OP

Robert C

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Makes me wonder what’s the point…I ordered a 23 XL hybrid. I have at least a 70% chance of not being built before the model year ends. So let’s say they just roll me over. Did they change the way they handle all the previous year’s unsatisfied orders? Apparently not. Have they changed anything in the way these trucks are manufactured that will ramp up production (other than the third shift)? Doesn’t seem that way…Does Ford decree to the dealerships “ thou shalt send these trucks which we have bestowed to the faithful flock waiting endless days” instead of throwing us all back in the same mix again? So I wait to be plucked from obscurity to get a truck based on some magical algorithm….heavy sigh
Exactly.
More and more I am feeling like such a chump waiting for this truck from this no system zero communication incompetent company.
My god they used to forge their own steel and grow their own rubber.
Now if you want a hitch receiver (a hunk of metal) or fricking mud flaps or floor mats you're order will be held up.

Last edited:

Exranger

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 EB FX4 4K Tow LAR LUX Area 51 RCVD 4/27/23
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Yeah, getting information on here and Ford Authority and Tim and Maverick Chat - Motor Trend, Car and Driver, places like that is the way to go.
It's really quite stunning how little the dealers know.
When I read I spoke to my dealer... I zoned out.
Anything after that will be nonsence.
Seriously, not being angry or cynical it's just that they are the last people on earth to know about something of the vechiles they sell.
How is that?
It's not like the old days where there were 30 models.
You got 5 or 6 vehicles
So true, the fleet guy just called me and asked when 24 banks open. He Did not know about the sibl/cargo special either and I had to give him the option codes to order.

glider

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 4runner 2019 Honda civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Even in MY 22 ford gave financial breaks but many dealers wouldn’t honor them and ford did nothing about it, also 22 supposedly were to be put in line before 23 orders but between dealer allocations and constraints 23’s rolled on out to recently placed orders, talk about a gut punch after waiting a year. 24 maybe the same
Exactly.
More and more I am feeling like such a chump waiting for this truck from this no system zero communication incompetent company.
My god they used to forge their own steel and grow their own rubber.
[/QUOTe

Joofchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Do you think we will be told of a system, if any, to
move 2023 orders to a 2024 BEFORE ordering begins
for 2024 on July 17th?
Yes, I know, Ford said at the beginning of September 2022
ordering for the 2023 that they had "no plan" in place for
converting a 2023 order to a 2024.
But that's all they said - that they had "no plan".
Many on here have taken that to mean "We're going to cancel all unfulfilled
2023 orders and you're going to have to start all over".
I don't think they meant that, I think they meant they had "no plan".
They probably had no plan to "roll over" 2022 orders into 2023 way back
when ordering started for 2022 - it just happened when it happened.
Ford hasn't had a "plan" since the model T.
Not sure how close to new 2023 ordering the 2022 unfulfilled people were told of their plan.
So, do we all have to order another one on July 17th like we just heard of the Maverick
on the 16th?
Or will we get a special place in line like all the 600 day 2022 people got?
Sigh.
hoop.JPG
I am considering the 24 Toyota Stout since it's an AWD hybrid.

Ford Truck Guy

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sponsored
OP
OP

Robert C

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
AAnd
I am considering the 24 Toyota Stout since it's an AWD hybrid.
as joofchicago said nonexistent - much like the Maverick XL hybrid.

Hager

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford needs to take care of what customer they have left plain and simple!! Fill all orders!! I will say If I ever get my truck I don't think I will buy a Ford again especially i don't!!

anblatt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Nissan Kicks SV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Do you think we will be told of a system, if any, to
move 2023 orders to a 2024 BEFORE ordering begins
for 2024 on July 17th?
Yes, I know, Ford said at the beginning of September 2022
ordering for the 2023 that they had "no plan" in place for
converting a 2023 order to a 2024.
But that's all they said - that they had "no plan".
Many on here have taken that to mean "We're going to cancel all unfulfilled
2023 orders and you're going to have to start all over".
I don't think they meant that, I think they meant they had "no plan".
They probably had no plan to "roll over" 2022 orders into 2023 way back
when ordering started for 2022 - it just happened when it happened.
Ford hasn't had a "plan" since the model T.
Not sure how close to new 2023 ordering the 2022 unfulfilled people were told of their plan.
So, do we all have to order another one on July 17th like we just heard of the Maverick
on the 16th?
Or will we get a special place in line like all the 600 day 2022 people got?
Sigh.
hoop.JPG
Ford Maverick Do you think we will be informed of any plan to convert 2023 orders into a 2024 before July 17th? 1686858406963

Here's the snip. You are correct it just says that have no intention. Every can interpret as they see fit. To me it looks like they are saying too bad you have to re-order a 2024 along with all the new 2024 orders.

Old Man

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
At this time there is no rollover of MY23 orders into 24s. A new order will need to be entered.
At this time Ford says no private offers for non-schedule MY23 orders.
At this time Ford says there will be price protection on MY24 price at time of MY24 order if the price goes up waiting for your order to be built.
At this time making non-scheduled orders for MY23 a priority 8 in the new MY24 order doesn't mean anything. Dealers were to give priority codes of 10 - 14 for MY22 orders that had to be entered in as MY23 orders but many dealers did not read the memo. Same will happen if they are to use priority code of 8.
People need to elect state level politicians that are willing to weaken state franchise laws to give car manufacturers more power to help the consumer, such as non-negotiated pricing with no market adjustment pricing, having dealers punished for not following ordering processes, adding nonsense garbage items onto orders (FTC is working on that one).
Sponsored