Sponsored

Do you have buyers remorse?

Did you ever feel some sort of buyers remorse?

• Total voters

Ron Neal

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I paid $7K over MSRP for my EcoBoost. I wanted it so bad. My old vehicles were in the shop in early 2022 more than they had ever been and I wanted to go on road trips without worry. And I did. I am 69 years old and my waiting time is limited.

My latest perusal of Autotrader indicates that even EcoBoosts are still selling at a $5-$10K premium over a higher MSRP in my area. So no remorse.

The Ecoboost is the best truck I ever owned. As a youth, I always wanted a MiniCooper S. In my aged and somewhat addled mind, the EcoBoost is a more comfortable MiniCooper that can haul 15 bags of horse feed, and it doesn't leak oil or have Lucas Electric gremlins. Perfect!
If we are talking an older BMC Mini Cooper S I would trade my Maverick for one in a heartbeat assuming it's in good condition. Glad you are happy with your Maverick and enjoy it for years to come but if you see nice S for sale call me.:)
Sponsored

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
that's the build that people in the Ranger 6G community are thinking will be a better value than whatever Ford has on tap.

they're pretty sure that the Ranger Raptor will be well north of $60k, packing 400+ hp and 400ish lbft torque from the 3.0 v6 twin turbo.

but if the only engine below that is the 2.3, even if it matches the Bronco, that's still 300hp / 315 lbft on premium. a huge difference in torque compared to the GM 2.7 HO. you can build a Colorado north of 55K and that won't be a good matchup to the Ranger Raptor. but in the middle, where you're at, GM looks good.
If I was going top of the line I would take the Tremor (Ranger, F150) over the ZR2 or a Trail Boss Silverado all day like you've said.

The Trail Boss (as I've ordered it) will have the 310hp/430 ft lb of torque, the G80 electronic auto rear locker (not the biggest fan but its better than open), 2 spd transfer case, skids, 3 inch wider stance, 1.5 inch lift. All of that for about $3,500 over the WT trim.

I was all in on my Mav Tremor but the Colorado TB is too good to pass up.

I looked at the Trail Boss, but there are a few reasons I'll be sticking with the Maverick for now:

1. Local dealers wanted $2500 nonrefundable deposits. Not happening.
2. I have 0% for 36 months. If I buy a new Colorado, I'm probably looking at 5-6% interest. Adds like 3-5k on top of the loan.

The interior will certainly be better. The Maverick plastics are pure trash.
Yeah they wanted $1,000 non-refundable (which is technically illegal in Ohio, but consumers can't enforce it if they've already paid). I told them I am fine with them keeping my money until the vehicle arrives but I'm not okay with putting up money for something I've never seen let alone sat in or driven and that they can keep my money until the vehicle arrives and I make my decision.

We agreed on that. Order form has GM written "deposit refundable at time of vehicle delivery if customer declines purchase".

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That is my build.

You can't option heated seats or leather wrapped wheel on the TB, nor can you add a moonroof. That is for Z71 or ZR2, and it sucks.

I also cannot add a tilt/telescoping steering wheel to the TB, that would also be reserved for LT, Z71, or ZR2, that REALLY sucks. I'll just have to see if I fit properly without the telescoping wheel.

The only package I didn't put on my TB build was the technology package which adds adaptive cruise control and the HD above vehicle camera view. I'm good without either.

Otherwise the insane amount of utility gained for not a crazy amount more, plus what I consider to be a much better interior and it's a really compelling package.

Again - my $24,600 hybrid would have made this a non-starter but the $35k Tremor no longer makes sense to me.

TrimPackage / OptionPrice
Trail Boss
38,495​
Sterling Gray Metallic
TB Convenience Package
375​
Safety Package
505​
TB Convenience Package II
545​
Advanced Trailering Package
620​
Skid Plate Package
695​
Spray-on bedliner
475​
Engine Block Heater
100​
220-amp alternator
150​
2.7L Turbo HO Calibration
395​
Aux Interior Switch Plate
295​
42,650​
Good info- We paid $35k for a Loaded Lariat/Lux/F4X-4K- Fits in the garage, fun to drive and does enough truck stuff for us- I see if folks really wanted a 25k Hybrid how the 10k upsale for loaded FX4 or Tremor would not make financial sense.

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Good info- We paid $35k for a Loaded Lariat/Lux/F4X-4K- Fits in the garage, fun to drive and does enough truck stuff for us- I see if folks really wanted a 25k Hybrid how the 10k upsale for loaded FX4 or Tremor would not make financial sense.
4K is a different upsell. You're getting additional truck capabilities where I think the Tremor gets limited additional off-road capability while losing a lot of towing and payload for $10k more. An extra $5-6k gets a lot more in the Colorado (vs the Tremor).

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
4K is a different upsell. You're getting additional truck capabilities where I think the Tremor gets limited additional off-road capability while losing a lot of towing and payload for $10k more. An extra $5-6k gets a lot more in the Colorado (vs the Tremor).
Yep- I added lift springs and larger tires to help in off-road situations- Without a rear lock will need to stomp that pedal :)

Sponsored

Edlundell

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I didn't find out that CoPilot360 didn't include cruise control until I drove my XL off the lot. I was devastated! I thought I'd made the biggest mistake of my life. I had a X-mas tree stand injury to my right foot that has given me chronic pain since 2013. My whole right leg was chronically painful for years. Part of it turned out to be driving a Tacoma for 20 years that was really too small for my 6'6" frame. I don't have that issue with the XL, plenty of room! The leg pain faded away for the most part. Then, thanks to this club I found out CC could be added to my XL. Now that it's done, I have no complaints, and no more regrets! I love my Mav!

Dudley

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Grand Cherokee
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wife and I are so far very happy with our XLT. We have had in since early August, and have less than 2000 miles on it. We are retired, and my bride does not like it to get "her" Maverick wet or dirty so on those days we drive "our" 2003 Grand Cherokee. But, I do wish it had a stick style instead of rotary shifter, and a center console pull handle emergency brake in case only rear wheel braking only is needed. Can't push the handle button and apply and release an electric parking brake.

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yep- I added lift springs and larger tires to help in off-road situations- Without a rear lock will need to stomp that pedal :)
Watching the Texas truck guys struggle on their course because the Tremor didn't have a low range or low gearing kind of makes the revised front fascia useless if you can't get it up over the obstacles you can clear with it. Add to it the skid plate doesn't actually protect the radiator you can't even go at it recklessly and bounce your way up.

Really wish the TB came with front and rear mechanical lockers but there is always the ZR2 for $53k.

Last edited:

dhill59

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT, 2014 MX5 Club
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I have an XLT Hybrid on order - it may never come. I had my XL fall into my lap. Added wheels, cruise, perimeter plus alarm, in bed storage cubby and power tailgate. All cost less than a 23 XL (much less than the 23 XLT) - No regrets - I'll probably flip the XLT if is ever get made.

Sponsored

Nomadikhan

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 Daytona Shelby Z, 07 Yaris, 22 Maverick AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not a single regret, even got to keep old faithful.

RCTEXAS18

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Silverado
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I picked my Maverick up on Monday afternoon. I really like it, however, the only remorse that I have is that I had to write a big check! I am a saver, so anytime I spend money I have some level of remorse. I have not sold my current truck that I bought new 17 years ago. It just sits there and somehow I feel like I have betrayed her. Does this sound weird to any of you? I know once I sell it and I do not have to look at it sitting there all lonely I will be fine. The Maverick is a great vehicle and really zippy. I real fun truck to drive.

Gray Maverick

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
All the people who paid over the MSRP....were these Mavericks on the lot or factory orders you waited for?

OP
OP

Larry the lariat

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Roli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda B3000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
All the people who paid over the MSRP....were these Mavericks on the lot or factory orders you waited for?
When you place and wait for an order you should be paying MSRP. If you’re paying above MSRP it was on the lot.

FromAway

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat FX4 4K Cactus Grey
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost