First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Good day everyone. I hope all of you had a great holiday weekend. Before thanksgiving, I went over to a friend's house (volknuts) who had the FORScan software. He gave me the run down and I was able to unlock eco and sport mode. Why ford decided to not include these modes, I have no idea.

Two things: Eco mode is a godsend and sport mode is really fun. I have been averaging around 28-30 mpg on my maverick driving on the street and highway has been between 31-34mpg. (with the off-road package and 4k towing).

I made a Youtube video detailing the process (see below). The FORScan software comes default with an easy mode which is great because you do not have to mess around with changing any codes. Just a few clicks and you will have the modes. I am researching some other various things that I would like to change or unlock and will post it in the future.

I was intimidated with the software and afraid of screwing something up in the truck settings. As long as you back up your stock files you are set to go. If I can do it, so can you.

eco.jpg
I want to know if eco and or sport do anything besides remap throttle response for the Ecoboost.

Bear

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Taurus & Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Great write up! A little glare on the video but still well documented!!

I've read in the forum where someone said they were getting better mileage using Slippery mode than Eco. Have you tried using Slippery mode to see if you get better mileage?

I still think your write up is a great job....kind of remove some of the fear of using FORScan.

darrink

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
darrin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
porsche
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Might be dumb question. Are those modes disabled/not available for all Mavericks with either engine and across all trims?

Sponsored

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

You disabled your abs brake system?
NO! This has been discussed many times on the forum. In this particular module, that ABS thing you disable is just a software thing that limits how many drive modes can be active at any given time. Disabling it merely allows you to activate all the drive modes AND select them to function using the drive mode button.

The actual operation of your brakes, including the anti-lock brake system, is unaffected.

JBryant

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
so I have been averaging around 28-30 mpg on my maverick driving on the street and highway has been between 31-34mpg. When i am stuck in traffic it obviously will go down. Hope this helps. I used to average 22-23 without eco.
Anyone in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area have the Forscan software that I could pay to get this done to my XLT EB FX4. I am a bit old to try new software.

garrlker

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 AWD Maverick Cyber Orange 4K Towing FX4 Lux
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is a computer and computers have what is called a register which tracks changes. So setting it back doesn’t mean ford won’t find your mods.
Not necessarily. Most ECUs are pretty dumb and aren't like your Windows PC.
If you back up your firmware before you modify anything, when you flash it back to your truck it will 99% appear stock.

Source: I work on software that interfaces with ECUs

Note: I'm not saying Ford couldn't do it. I'm just saying the effort to find anything will be pretty difficult for anyone else not named Ford.

Mark S.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I want to know if eco and or sport do anything besides remap throttle response for the Ecoboost.
If the Maverick works like other C2 platform vehicles (Bronco Sport, Escape), yes it does. Aside from changing throttle response, these modes affect transmission shift points, and steering feel.

mikeakasully

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Escape, 2023 Ford Maverick 2.0 Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Might be dumb question. Are those modes disabled/not available for all Mavericks with either engine and across all trims?
The modes are described here: https://www.ford.com/support/how-tos/more-vehicle-topics/engine-and-transmission/whats-your-ford-maverick-pickup-drive-mode/

If you get an FX4 like I will, they give you Sand and Mud & Ruts, but they take away Eco and Sport in place of those two. I'll definitely will be adding those to back when I finally get my truck. Anybody in south central WI want this added on, hit me up, I got the full version of Forscan on my laptop.

Sponsored

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, AWD, 4K tow, 2.0L EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If the Maverick works like other C2 platform vehicles (Bronco Sport, Escape), yes it does. Aside from changing throttle response, these modes affect transmission shift points, and steering feel.
The FX4 package they also use the ABS to change the wheel spin relative to each other on each side of the vehicle for snow mode.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Joshick91

Joshick91

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I did another video today on how to unlock eco and sport mode along with disabling the double honk feature. I am aware that the previous video that I did had a bad glare on the screen so this one I hope is better. I own the Lariat with fx4 package and 4k towing package.

OP
OP
Joshick91

Joshick91

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My guess would be that all models have the drive modes but are just disabled.