Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

wow it still works without having it? Man I should have done that too.
Works perfect, I did the square symbol (I think you can choose round) Then if you set an alert, the symbol will flash when you overspeed (by whatever amount you set. Mine is 5 MPH)
Sponsored

Big Kahuna

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Has anyone asked a Ford tech why the extra modes weren’t included with the FX4 package?

It’s either the engineers thought

A) too many modes will make this difficult for customers to navigate.

B) People buying the FX4 package don’t care about eco

C) Something about the gearing/transmission in the FX4 package is not designed to coordinate well long term with the eco mode

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Has anyone asked a Ford tech why the extra modes weren’t included with the FX4 package?

It’s either the engineers thought

A) too many modes will make this difficult for customers to navigate.

B) People buying the FX4 package don’t care about eco

C) Something about the gearing/transmission in the FX4 package is not designed to coordinate well long term with the eco mode
D) Marketing people said we have to break these drive modes into different sets to differentiate the packages/options. Can't just give 'em all to everyone!

Big Kahuna

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
D) Marketing people said we have to break these drive modes into different sets to differentiate the packages/options. Can't just give 'em all to everyone!
yeah I’m totally interested if this was purely a paper decision or if there was some actual engineering reason for not including all the modes.

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

yeah I’m totally interested if this was purely a paper decision or if there was some actual engineering reason for not including all the modes.
Take this for what it's worth: I have been waiting for my Maverick for 10+ months. In that time, I have spent a lot of time on this forum and seen lots of problems folks have had with these trucks. Engine issues. Transmission issues. Electrical issues. Etc. There have been numerous recalls issued for the 2022 Maverick.

Of all the issues that have been discussed on this forum, I cannot think of a SINGLE instance of ANYONE saying they encountered a problem as a result of adding or using drive modes. And I can't think of a SINGLE instance of Ford, or a dealer, telling anyone they were going to harm their truck simply by adding a drive mode.

Does that mean there is zero risk in adding drive modes? No. But I do think if it were a serious issue or problem, someone would have had an issue by now, considering how many real issues there have been.

Sponsored

DC 51 Mav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
After watching your video I ordered the OBDlink EX from Amazon and downloaded Forscan Software and 1 year License. Had software right away and received OBD Connector Cable same day. License for 1 year was 12.00 and cable was 50.00. Had the 2 modes enabled in a couple of hours. Could do it again probably in 10 to 15 min. thanks for the Video Post on Youtube.

OP
OP
Joshick91

Joshick91

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
After watching your video I ordered the OBDlink EX from Amazon and downloaded Forscan Software and 1 year License. Had software right away and received OBD Connector Cable same day. License for 1 year was 12.00 and cable was 50.00. Had the 2 modes enabled in a couple of hours. Could do it again probably in 10 to 15 min. thanks for the Video Post on Youtube.
Awesome, that's good to hear! I'm glad the software comes standard with the easy mode. Sorry for the glare on the screen but I tried to zoom in and show what I was clicking on.

OP
OP
Joshick91

Joshick91

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Works perfect, I did the square symbol (I think you can choose round) Then if you set an alert, the symbol will flash when you overspeed (by whatever amount you set. Mine is 5 MPH)
Gonna have to do this! Thanks!

bguen

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Honda Pilot, 2018 Honda Accord
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks so much for the video. Question, you disabled ABS, what is that used for?

OP
OP
Joshick91

Joshick91

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks so much for the video. Question, you disabled ABS, what is that used for?
I read that it limits the amount of drive modes you can have.

Sponsored

Jackkal22

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kalem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I did the same thing yesterday, while I was in there I enabled speed limit sign recognition (I do NOT have adaptive cruise) Everything works as expected. Sport mode is great.
Could you possibly explain how you added it?

ZZbuggs

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Thanks to daddio211
I followed daddio211 advice:
daddio211 said:

Reading up on Forscan options I found that ALL models of the Maverick have this capability.

The "eye" (camera that detects oncoming cars for auto-dim) has other functions, including TSR. All Mavericks have this camera.

Using Forscan software and cable I enabled it easily. Here's how:

(I am surmising you know how to use Forscan. If you don't just Google or YouTube it. It's easy.)

1. Once connected choose the chip icon, then IPC Module Configuration (AS BUILT format). Find entry 720-03-02. Change the third character of the first octet to a letter C. [xxCx-xxxx]

2. Click "Write All" at the bottom of the screen and follow the screen prompts to turn ignition off/on.

3. Return to the "chip" button settings locate IPMA Module Configuration (AS BUILT format). Find 706-01-01 and change the third and fourth characters in the second octet as shown: [xxxx-xxD2-xxxxx]

4. Click "Write All" at the bottom of the screen and follow the screen prompts to turn ignition off/on.

5. On your dash display go to the "gears" icon indicating settings. Choose Driver Assistance, choose Traffic Sign Recognition and check Activate TSR
Sponsored

Last edited: