gunnmitten

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yup, if you did this install on an Ecoboost(No Electric Brake Booster) you will have to deal with this message unfortunately.
this is the only issue with installing ACC onto an Ecoboost model via this guide? No issues with FWD vs AWD conflicting while in ACC? Is the message one that you can click "ok" to disregard and just not have ACC available until next engine cycle or is the message stuck on screen until you cycle? can the truck be driven normally without issue in all those cases? ty
Sponsored

Hardening2753

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

forgot to add to my post. It’s a little hopeless, but definitely not impossible.

I got an XL with every intention of adding full ACC with stop/go at some point. Didn’t think I’d get started so soon though. Lol
Were you able to get ACC to work on your XL?

4x4mudder22

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav 23 eco XLT on order
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
When doing this mod on the eco, does it slow/stop by using the vacuum booster, or does it use a separate system tied to the automatic emergency braking? I didn't know you could trigger a vacuum booster electronically.

it will brake a tad rough when approaching a stopped vehicle but it starts braking at a comfortable distance. Once it is getting slow enough to where it should be able to come to a full stop. The vacuum booster is not enough to get to 0mph to let the brake hold take over. It will creep to 1mph and I tap the brake.

here’s a video of it in action following a car and coming to a stop, I didn’t do anything here. I just let it get down to 1mph and tap the break myself and that engages the brake hold.

It will not release the brake hold itself though. But I just accelerate a tad and hit resume and it will continue to follow the car in front of me.

AutobahnSHO

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata, Hybrid Mav, Odyssey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

4x4mudder22

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav 23 eco XLT on order
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks for the links. I was actually asking for info about how it works if you don’t install the EBB, and what systems are used in that case.

Sponsored

uraceulose

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 maverick xlt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Finally. Got it. Thank you so much for all of the help and advice!
The numbers posted above on this page by bwil415 are what I used and I left everything else as tele did it using the mix of op and ltmoto numbers.
It is an absolute game changer driving 30k per year hwy miles.
No more DTC and everything functions as intended.
I did have one error message saying “check park aid” even though my truck is a 23 xlt with only co pilot 360 but I was able to go into the iPc module and disable vs enable where the parking aid was set and the error went away on startup.

willk64

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So I just got my 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid with lux and Copilot 360 today only to find out it does not have ACC and lane centering. Apparently, when I ordered it back in September they were using order book for 2022. I called my salesperson and they are checking to see if they have any in area to exchange. My question is I don't want to pay a lot more extra for it if the only vehicle they find has extras like sunroof etc. I am pretty good at doing technical things. If I do this "hack" will I pay more than $630 for parts being that I have the Lariat Hybrid w Lux and not the XLT? Thanks.

bwil415

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G37
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So I just got my 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid with lux and Copilot 360 today only to find out it does not have ACC and lane centering. Apparently, when I ordered it back in September they were using order book for 2022. I called my salesperson and they are checking to see if they have any in area to exchange. My question is I don't want to pay a lot more extra for it if the only vehicle they find has extras like sunroof etc. I am pretty good at doing technical things. If I do this "hack" will I pay more than $630 for parts being that I have the Lariat Hybrid w Lux and not the XLT? Thanks.
If you're comfortable cutting and modifying the existing grill and air deflector, then your cost will definitely be under $630 unless you have to buy specific tools. Soldering iron, heat gun, crimpers, etc. are all useful, but there are many ways to accomplish the wiring.

I wonder if the Lariat Grill is easier to modify since the cover piece might meet up better with that design.

Timmyjane

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anyone have any extra IPMA connectors? Part LU2Z-14474-AA. When I orderd my parts they would only sell these in packs of 5.

uraceulose

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 maverick xlt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah you might have the correct air deflector as it is.

Sponsored

uraceulose

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 maverick xlt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I may have 1-2 left I can put in an envelope on Tuesday/Wednesday if you need them

Telemachus

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB (sold), XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Keep your lariat. Add the CCM.

bwil415

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G37
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anyone have any extra IPMA connectors? Part LU2Z-14474-AA. When I orderd my parts they would only sell these in packs of 5.
I have some too if anyone wants them. You only need 2 of the 5.

Edit: they're gone.

Last edited:

Disisntdaryl

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XL Hybrid, 1989 Toyota Supra 1100hp
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This same procedure should work on a XL hybrid w 360 copilot correct?
Sponsored