name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, AWD, 4K tow, 2.0L EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Good job and a few things to add.

Intelligent Adaptive Cruise Control should also available even though it isn't documented.

I can verify for sure that it is an option in the CC menu that can be turned on with forscan.

To make it work you'll first need to make sure you have traffic sign recognition working.
Then you'll need to enable the option in the IPC module and finally the BCM module setting that you changed for ACC has another forscan settable value for ACC with IACC. When I looked into this awhile back I found that the ABS values at address 760 03 02 were the same for a Maverick Lariat with ACC and an Escape with IACC so that address shouldn't need to be changed.

So what exactly is IACC well in a nutshell it adjusts the cruise control speed to whatever a posted speed limit is whenever TSR reads any speed limit sign.
https://www.ford.com/support/how-to.../what-is-intelligent-adaptive-cruise-control/
Sponsored

Last edited:

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Also in your spread sheet you left out the BCM module address changes needed at 726 04 05. That address' values are specifically for all the CC variants.

I haven't worked out all the values at that address but do know this much
for BCM address 726 04 05
**** **** xx**
xx = 84 = no cruise control
xx = 88 = cruise control
xx = 90 = adaptive cruise control
xx = ?? = should also apply to Intelligent adaptive cruise control. There are easy mode settings in forscan for this address for IACC just unsure if they will work on a Maverick

This part of the address at least on XL and XLT models corresponds to the following
xx** **** ****
xx = CB = no cruise control or cruise control w/o FX4
xx = B6 = cruise control w/ FX4

when you get into the Lariat trims some models use not only only those 2 values but also BE on ones with ACC installed.

Last edited:

Mkuket

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Not worth the legal risks. This can be installed perfectly and a part fails causing a bad accident and owner will be in deep shit. Autonomous stop and go is not something individuals can legally self install for use on public roads.
The great thing about modern day vehicles is if there's a problem with a system, that feature gets disabled. If something goes wrong with added on ACC it will simply turn off the ACC and spit a code until it's fixed, similar to ABS system for example. That's no worse than the truck turning off ACC on its own for not being able to find lane markings or if there's a discrepancy between radar sensor and camera data which can happen

OP
OP
baaron

baaron

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Good job and a few things to add.

Intelligent Adaptive Cruise Control should also available even though it isn't documented.

I can verify for sure that it is an option in the CC menu that can be turned on with forscan.

To make it work you'll first need to make sure you have traffic sign recognition working.
Then you'll need to enable the option in the IPC module and finally the BCM module setting that you changed for ACC has another forscan settable value for ACC with IACC. When I looked into this awhile back I found that the ABS values at address 760 03 02 were the same for a Maverick Lariat with ACC and an Escape with IACC so that address shouldn't need to be changed.

So what exactly is IACC well in a nutshell it adjusts the cruise control speed to whatever a posted speed limit is whenever TSR reads any speed limit sign.
https://www.ford.com/support/how-to.../what-is-intelligent-adaptive-cruise-control/
I have TSR working but I've been unable to get intelligent ACC working. I am able to program all the necessary changes, I can select it from the menu, but I get an error in the cluster, something like "unable to read speed".

I used the settings from the Escape threads, are there additional settings for the Mav?

OP
OP
baaron

baaron

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Also in your spread sheet you left out the BCM module address changes needed at 726 04 05. That address' values are specifically for all the CC variants.

**** **** xx**
xx = 88 = cruise control
xx = ?? = should also apply to Intelligent adaptive cruise control. There are easy mode settings in forscan for this address for IACC just unsure if they will work on a Maverick

This part oddress at least on XL and XLT models corresponds to the following
xx** **** ****

when you get into the Lariat trims some models use not only only those 2 values but also BE on ones with ACC installed.
I performed a diff between my stock AsBuilt and the current settings. It's possible I missed that line, I'll go back and check. If it's not, I suppose it's not necessary?

Sponsored

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have TSR working but I've been unable to get intelligent ACC working. I am able to program all the necessary changes, I can select it from the menu, but I get an error in the cluster, something like "unable to read speed".

I used the settings from the Escape threads, are there additional settings for the Mav?
The Escape settings probably will not apply to a Maverick. Also if ACC is not fully working it may not work at all until you get that going.

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I performed a diff between my stock AsBuilt and the current settings. It's possible I missed that line, I'll go back and check. If it's not, I suppose it's not necessary?
It is a crucial value for CC period. Leaving ACC out of it, if it is not set for regular CC, CC will not work period even if the other values needed on other modules are set correctly.

OP
OP
baaron

baaron

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It is a crucial value for CC period. Leaving ACC out of it, if it is not set for regular CC, CC will not work period even if the other values needed on other modules are set correctly.
I had CC from the factory, and I've had ACC working without issues for more than a week. I'll go back and take another look at the BCM file.

PanchoBarrancas

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It's a little hopeless, it will require an electric brake booster, a possible ABS wire harness(not sure if it will be a whole harness, partial harness or if we can extend the ABS harness to reach from the left side of the engine to the right) and running new brake lines. Of course there will probably be a healthy amount of programming as well.

The regular Maverick ABS system is comprised of 3 components (ABS and HCU is assembled as 1 unit, but its 2 parts)
1. Vacuum booster (Right side of Engine)
2. ABS unit (Left side of engine attached to HCU)Brake lines run to left side of engine and ABS connector
3. HCU unit (Left side of engine attached to ABS)

Hybrid and Lariat Lux is 1 unit known as the Electric Brake Booster and is an all in 1 unit on the right side of the engine, the brake lines and ABS connector are on this side.

This is all from my initial research into it. I will be diving a lot deeper into it once my parts arrived as I will be retrofitting Adaptive cruise without the booster on an ecoboost XL.

1 possible solution I was looking at was using Escape 2020+ brake boosters as they can be had for cheap. Its installed in an identical manner as the mavericks EBB .The Maverick ones seems like they are on indefinite backorder.

My information is free to be corrected since I just took high level views of what would be needed.

Here is a link to some of the files I put together.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1_Jwdo4tVZpxBDB9H43frCCH8_f52eoRp?usp=sharing
Thank you so much for your insight, I look forward to reading your experience performing it on an Ecoboost :)

PanchoBarrancas

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sponsored

Gilbillygucci

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XL, Ecoboost w/4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thank you as well for this picture, my truck is exactly like yours as far as brakes.
forgot to add to my post. It’s a little hopeless, but definitely not impossible.

I got an XL with every intention of adding full ACC with stop/go at some point. Didn’t think I’d get started so soon though. Lol

Gilbillygucci

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XL, Ecoboost w/4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
@baaron how long did it take for the bracket and cover to arrive for you? I ordered from my dealer and it’s been like 3 weeks.

OP
OP
baaron

baaron

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
@baaron how long did it take for the bracket and cover to arrive for you? I ordered from my dealer and it’s been like 3 weeks.
Weird, I tried writing back a few days ago and it never posted.

I ordered the grille, bracket, cover, and sensor all together. It took the bracket, grille, and cover about two weeks to ship. They didn't say anything about the sensor being back-ordered and I was disappointed to find it was not in the box, then saw "sensor backorded" hand written on the packing slip. The sensor showed up about a week later.

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

**** **** xx**
xx = 88 = cruise control

This part of the address at least on XL and XLT models corresponds to the following
xx** **** ****

To add to this for Mavericks there are variations on the ACC. There is ACC with or without stop and go for example. Stop and go stops your vehicle when the vehicle in front of your stops. Mavericks have stop and go as part of ACC so on this value when xx = 90 that is for ACC with stop and go as it turns out not ACC without stop and go.

Also this setting after checking further shouldn't need to be changed beyond that if you went from no CC or CC to ACC and then want to try to enable IACC.
Sponsored