First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB (sold), XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nice!! What parts did you need to order/change out to get it installed?

I plan to do the install on my Lariat Lux with CP360 and I just curious how much of the steps apply from the XL/XLT.

Thanks!
It's pretty ridiculous you had to do this at all... Why would anybody want copilot 360 with a Lariat and not get the adaptive cruise control??

What was the cost difference doing it afterwards like you did versus having the factory install it?
Sponsored

SolidWrecks

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
SolidWrecks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid Lariat Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's pretty ridiculous you had to do this at all... Why would anybody want copilot 360 with a Lariat and not get the adaptive cruise control??

What was the cost difference doing it afterwards like you did versus having the factory install it?
It was about the same if you include the tools. I am angry at the dealer for not letting me know about the options changing. I have a low opinion about most car sales people. There are a couple good ones but most have no idea and are just lead generators for the closers. Probably more if you count that I don't have backup sensors.

Telemachus

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB (sold), XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It was about the same if you include the tools. I am angry at the dealer for not letting me know about the options changing. I have a low opinion about most car sales people. There are a couple good ones but most have no idea and are just lead generators for the closers. Probably more if you count that I don't have backup sensors.
What would have been the cost to add it at the time of order?

Also, does the bumper have to be taken off? I know a few people have gotten to their Ford emblem by just unclipping the top of the grill. This video shows a prime example.

When I'm not clear on is how the grill attaches to the bumper on the bottom.

SolidWrecks

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
SolidWrecks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It was about the same if you include the tools. I am angry at the dealer for not letting me know about the options changing. I have a low opinion about most car sales people. There are a couple good ones but most have no idea and are just lead generators for the closers.
P
What would have been the cost to add it at the time of order?

Also, does the bumper have to be taken off? I know a few people have gotten to their Ford emblem by just unclipping the top of the grill. This video shows a prime example.

When I'm not clear on is how the grill attaches to the bumper on the bottom.
The option was $750.

I took my front bumper off because I had to get at the wind shroud to cut it down(Don't know the technical term) Wasn't bad just took about 2 hours to get it off, part installed then back on. The worst part was running the wire through the firewall rubber piece. I'd recommend using a crochet hook after you poke a hole with an ice pick. I used a knife and it made a bigger slice than I'd like.

Telemachus

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB (sold), XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
P

The option was $750.

I took my front bumper off because I had to get at the wind shroud to cut it down(Don't know the technical term) Wasn't bad just took about 2 hours to get it off, part installed then back on. The worst part was running the wire through the firewall rubber piece. I'd recommend using a crochet hook after you poke a hole with an ice pick. I used a knife and it made a bigger slice than I'd like.
Did you cut your grill, or buy a new one?

Sponsored

SolidWrecks

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
SolidWrecks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did you cut your grill, or buy a new one?
I cut it and have the cover wedged in there in a way it won't fall out. There are clips to hold it from coming out and cutouts to keep it from falling in.

Area51T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I ordered it with adaptive cruise.

I had a rollover 2022 to 2023 order. The dealer sent me an order sheet to confirm, I told them the adaptive cruise and remote start were missing. They corrected the order sheet and sent it to me. I signed off on it and sent it back. My guess is they submitted the first one and never updated it after I pointed out the missing options.

A year and a half later it was either take it or leave it.

Telemachus

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB (sold), XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered it with adaptive cruise.

I had a rollover 2022 to 2023 order. The dealer sent me an order sheet to confirm, I told them the adaptive cruise and remote start were missing. They corrected the order sheet and sent it to me. I signed off on it and sent it back. My guess is they submitted the first one and never updated it after I pointed out the missing options.

A year and a half later it was either take it or leave it.
In theory, you should have some sort of paper trail. Once the truck is in your hand, then you can let the dealership know that the only way you will give them a five-star review is if they cover the cost of the add-on equipment.

SolidWrecks

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
SolidWrecks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Side note, Comma/openpilot work on the Maverick. Need a custom fork of the software for now and an angle adapter 3d printed.
Ford Maverick DIY HOW TO: Install adaptive cruise control in Maverick Hybrid XLT with Luxury package PXL_20230402_145758142

nickn066

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have an XLT… I ordered the Lariat grille part number that was posted… am I still going to have to cut that grille when it gets here for the radar and radar cover? Thought I just read someone here say they have a lariat and cut their own grille… or is the grille I ordered one notched for it already or something?
Grille is precut

Ford Maverick DIY HOW TO: Install adaptive cruise control in Maverick Hybrid XLT with Luxury package PXL_20230401_023001434

Sponsored

Telemachus

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB (sold), XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Side note, Comma/openpilot work on the Maverick. Need a custom fork of the software for now and an angle adapter 3d printed.
PXL_20230402_145758142.jpg
How does it compare to the software solution built into the car?

Is it using the phone's camera, or the camera in the module up above?

SolidWrecks

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
SolidWrecks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How does it compare to the software solution built into the car?

Is it using the phone's camera, or the camera in the module up above?
It's a lot better but not perfect. Let's you be hands free most of the time unless there's a curve that's more than it can handle.

Area51T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does this use the ACC radar sensor or just cameras?

SolidWrecks

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
SolidWrecks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does this use the ACC radar sensor or just cameras?
It uses the RADAR and camera for forward movement like normal ACC but it uses the comma's cameras for lane centering and lane changes. With experimental versions on cars where the comma can control the throttle by fooling the RADAR, the comma will then have you stopping for red lights and stop signs along with slowing down for turns. Maverick doesn't have that yet.

Telemachus

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB (sold), XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It uses the RADAR and camera for forward movement like normal ACC but it uses the comma's cameras for lane centering and lane changes. With experimental versions on cars where the comma can control the throttle by fooling the RADAR, the comma will then have you stopping for red lights and stop signs along with slowing down for turns. Maverick doesn't have that yet.
FSD hack. Incredible!
Sponsored