First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If and when my hybrid xlt arrives I’d be interested in doing this as I really liked those features in my 17 Civic . What Was the approximate cost for parts ?
Sponsored

Telemachus

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB (sold), XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford Maverick DIY HOW TO: Install adaptive cruise control in Maverick Hybrid XLT with Luxury package Screenshot_20230315_155800_Chrome

That is not including a new grill if you want to get Lariat grill

bwil415

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G37
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Screenshot_20230315_155800_Chrome.jpg

That is not including a new grill if you want to get Lariat grill
The $89 air deflector is not required unless you're changing the grill, right? Also I saw the WPT-1198 pigtail for $20 on eBay.

Telemachus

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB (sold), XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

rgwalkeriv

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Reggie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was considering doing this mod come summertime but don't have any experience with FORSCAN/ electrical wiring. However, this guide seems pretty thorough and I'm good at following instructions. How long did this mod take people? Is there anything I should be researching outside of this guide before diving in?
This took me the better part of a weekend to complete and I'm fairly proficient in this type of DIY/ car work. I would definitely plan on setting aside a whole weekend if you aren't very comfortable doing this type of work. You can do the steering wheel pretty quickly, I knocked that out on a week night and that will save you an hour or so on the weekend.

You don't really need to research anything outside of this thread to be successful. I did read this thread that was linked earlier in this post just to become more familiar with the process but it wasn't necessary.

----

On a separate note does anyone have the issue where about once in every 5 times you turn the car on and later attempt to engage cruise control you get the "adaptive cruise control not available message"? I've built the habit pattern of just immediately attempting to engage cruise control prior to leaving my driveway. All I have to do if I get the error message is just turn the car off and then on again and it will work after restarting.

Sponsored

Telemachus

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB (sold), XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Could it be a calibration issue?

Reactions: bgn

Gilbillygucci

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XL, Ecoboost w/4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This took me the better part of a weekend to complete and I'm fairly proficient in this type of DIY/ car work. I would definitely plan on setting aside a whole weekend if you aren't very comfortable doing this type of work. You can do the steering wheel pretty quickly, I knocked that out on a week night and that will save you an hour or so on the weekend.

You don't really need to research anything outside of this thread to be successful. I did read this thread that was linked earlier in this post just to become more familiar with the process but it wasn't necessary.

----

On a separate note does anyone have the issue where about once in every 5 times you turn the car on and later attempt to engage cruise control you get the "adaptive cruise control not available message"? I've built the habit pattern of just immediately attempting to engage cruise control prior to leaving my driveway. All I have to do if I get the error message is just turn the car off and then on again and it will work after restarting.
Yup, if you did this install on an Ecoboost(No Electric Brake Booster) you will have to deal with this message unfortunately. I have not found a way to turn it off, only way to get rid of it would be to install the EBB. I mentioned this a couple pages back. I am nearing 25k miles with ACC now. f

I do the same, I just instinctively press the cruise button when I turn the key now regardless if I am using it. Cycling the key will get it to work again.

I believe the ABS module does a startup check every few key cycles. It sets off a DTC in the ABS and IPMA module. I have not bothered to clear that DTC in over 10k miles now.

Gilbillygucci

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XL, Ecoboost w/4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
did you just strip the casing off the cat5e and unwind it to get your four different color strands?
Yes I did, although I did recently switch this wire to something more industrial since I had some leftover from my work(Wire just needs to have 4 wires, anything from like 18awg-24awg should be fine).

I had an issue with my original WPT-1198 plug that caused it to get corroded so while I was replacing the plug I redid all my wiring. You cannot tell the wiring for the ACC apart from any of the other wiring. It's even wrapped in the same type of fabric tape that Ford uses.

entheogen

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes I did, although I did recently switch this wire to something more industrial since I had some leftover from my work(Wire just needs to have 4 wires, anything from like 18awg-24awg should be fine).

I had an issue with my original WPT-1198 plug that caused it to get corroded so while I was replacing the plug I redid all my wiring. You cannot tell the wiring for the ACC apart from any of the other wiring. It's even wrapped in the same type of fabric tape that Ford uses.
Thanks! this is super helpful. Sounds like I don't need to worry too much about getting wire that's shielded for the CAN bus to avoid data interference?

Looks like I can get something at Home Depot that should serve the purpose alright https://www.homedepot.com/p/Southwi...d-UL-Sprinkler-System-Wire-49276999/204724986

What corroded your plug? Anything you'd recommend doing to keep things from needing replaced down the line?

Last edited:
Sponsored

n@vierstokes

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick XLT Hybrid Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just updating here --- I finally got my setup to work. So I am posting here, to show how I solved my problem, and how I found the ForScan coding that worked for my vehicle. Hopefully that can be helpful for someone who got stuck in the process.
By no means am I trying to take anything away from the OP --- that's the bible I followed to get here! Huge shout out to the helpful post that got me on the right way. I am just sharing as an example, and giving back to the community.

My issue: my truck is XLT without 360 CoPilot. So after I did all the ForScan, there were a bunch of DTC's, and the IPMA faults out, disabling all functions. DTC's mostly point to invalid configurations in IPMA, ABS, BdyCM, etc.

My solution:
I used the "As-built Compare" tool on ForScan website (ForScan is so aweome: https://forscan.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=4393&sid=514965409b9d34e7b2f4d9c64f94bce3), and then pulled 12 VIN's from the second hand vehicles I found on cars.com and other places, 6 are Lariat without ACC, 6 are Lariat with ACC, and compare them all to my XLT without 360.
The following is all that seems to be needed for my XLT without 360, to work with the new setup (ACC / Lane centering).

BdyCM: this is the most challenging one. I couldn't just copy over Lariat ACC codes, since then the remote doesn't work (Lariat has easy enter remote), and body controller would have DTC's since it doesn't see DC/AC inverter and other things that only Lariat's have.
I did some trial and error, and found that only this change is needed to make the body controller think there is ACC:
726-04-05: xxxx xxxx 90 from 88

ABS: Somehow there are some codes that are vehicle specific, I think they are the VIN number or something. by comparing 6 Lariat without ACC with 6 Lariat with ACC, I concluded that only the code below is needed for the ABS to think it's in an ACC vehicle:
760-03-02: x4xx xxxx xx from 2 (same with the tutorial)

IPMA: what works for me is to completely copy over a Lariat ACC Maverick codes, to make IPMA think it's a Lariat:
706-01-01: 0B4D 99C9 A9 from: 0B4D 58A9 F5 for my XLT, and Lariat without ACC
706-01-02: 2076 553A A4 from: 2075 52BA 94 for my XLT, 2075 54BA 94 for Lariat without ACC
706-01-03: xxDx xxxx, from C
706-02-01: xxxx xxxx 7F: from 60 (The ACC tutorial calls for 9F, but I looked up 6 cars with ACC, they are all 7F. 7F works for my XLT...)
706-02-02: FFC1 552A A0 from: 07C1 552A A0 for my XLT, and Lariat without ACC

IPC: although this affects what selection / displays will be on the dash and interfaces with the buttons, ultimately I think that it doesn't matter for the actual function. I used the coding from this ACC tutorial, after realizing that Lariat's probably all have the bigger dash screen, so what I found might or might not work for my 4 inch in-dash screen.
I take the notes below on what I observed of 6 Lariat ACC vs. 6 Lariat wo ACC. The coding in the OP's thread worked for my 4 inch screen --- that's actually what I kept in my truck as of now. The notes below are just for reference, and might work for 6 inch screen's (not tested).
720-01-01: xFxx xxxx xx: from C
720-01-02: xxxx 80: from 40
720-02-01: xxxx 3xxx from 2
720-02-02: 1xxx F4: from 0, A0
720-04-02: xxxx xA from x8
720-05-01: 1xxx xxxx xx from 0
720-09-01: 3xxx xxxx xx from 2
720-09-02: xxx8 xx from 0
720-10-01: x9xx xxxx from 8 (The ACC tutorial calls for D??)

SCCM: configure due to the steering wheel button changes:
724-02-01: xx90 xxxx xx from 58

PSCM: configure to let the power steering know it's in ACC vehicle, and lane keeping vibration etc.:
730-02-02: xxxx FFFF from 0000
730-02-03: FFxx xxxx from 00

So after all the coding above, all modules are clear of DTC's, and my adaptive cruise / lane centering worked perfectly! So much easier to drive on the freeway now, unbelievable.

Thank you OP for getting me on the right path! Also thank you nickn066 for helping!

image_67141633.JPG
I finally got mine working on an XLT Lux with 360 CoPilot! Lane Keep, Lane Centering, and ACC are all working flawlessly! Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this thread, especially @baaron (OP) for starting all this and @ltmoto for sharing updated FORScan settings.

I had some issues with the FORScan settings, so I'm going to share my experience to hopefully help others.

The FORScan settings in the OP did not work for me, but the settings shown above DID work for me. The FORScan settings posted by @ltmoto were austensibly for an XLT without 360 CoPilot. However, I have an XLT with 360 CoPilot and I experienced the same errors and using those settings fixed mine as well. I don't know why my configuration was incompatible with the OP FORScan settings, but this issue seems to be independent of whether or not you have 360 CoPilot.

A brief narrative of my steps (post hardware changes and wiring) for future reference:

* 1st attempt - FAILED: Prior to this project, I had used FORScan to enable TSR. When I tried to apply the FORScan setting from the OP, I kept receiving a Camera Fault Error and Forward Collision. I was able to successfully complete the CCM calibration and IPMA calibration, but the errors persisted and reappeared after clearing DTCs. I also tried the recommendation to disconnect the negative terminal for >1hour, but that didn't work either.

* 2nd attempt - FAILED: I restored all modules to their factory settings (i.e. removed the previous FORScan changes I had made before this project). I then reapplied the recommended changes from the OP, completed CCM and IPMA calibrations. The same errors persisted, so my edits prior to this project didn't seem to be the problem.

* 3rd attempt - FAILED: I restored all modules to factory settings then applied the settings posted by @nickn066 in post #189, but the errors still persisted.

* 4th attempt - SUCCESS: I restored all modules to factory settings then followed the directions from @ltmoto (quoted above). With this, the errors finally went away (I did have to clear DTCs a few times though). I also had to disconnect the negative battery lead for an extended period (I left it disconnected for >60 min) to be able to use the steering wheel buttons while driving.

FWIW, mine is a '22 Maverick XLT Hybrid Lux with 360 CoPilot and I received it on October 31, 2022, so it was one of the later units off the line. I haven't tracked the details that closely, but I know mine was built after they moved to the non-thermostat display temperature knob. Perhaps there were other differences between the earlier units and the later units that are causing the incompatibility with the OP FORScan settings.

ltmoto

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I finally got mine working on an XLT Lux with 360 CoPilot! Lane Keep, Lane Centering, and ACC are all working flawlessly! Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this thread, especially @baaron (OP) for starting all this and @ltmoto for sharing updated FORScan settings.

I had some issues with the FORScan settings, so I'm going to share my experience to hopefully help others.

The FORScan settings in the OP did not work for me, but the settings shown above DID work for me. The FORScan settings posted by @ltmoto were austensibly for an XLT without 360 CoPilot. However, I have an XLT with 360 CoPilot and I experienced the same errors and using those settings fixed mine as well. I don't know why my configuration was incompatible with the OP FORScan settings, but this issue seems to be independent of whether or not you have 360 CoPilot.

A brief narrative of my steps (post hardware changes and wiring) for future reference:

* 1st attempt - FAILED: Prior to this project, I had used FORScan to enable TSR. When I tried to apply the FORScan setting from the OP, I kept receiving a Camera Fault Error and Forward Collision. I was able to successfully complete the CCM calibration and IPMA calibration, but the errors persisted and reappeared after clearing DTCs. I also tried the recommendation to disconnect the negative terminal for >1hour, but that didn't work either.

* 2nd attempt - FAILED: I restored all modules to their factory settings (i.e. removed the previous FORScan changes I had made before this project). I then reapplied the recommended changes from the OP, completed CCM and IPMA calibrations. The same errors persisted, so my edits prior to this project didn't seem to be the problem.

* 3rd attempt - FAILED: I restored all modules to factory settings then applied the settings posted by @nickn066 in post #189, but the errors still persisted.

* 4th attempt - SUCCESS: I restored all modules to factory settings then followed the directions from @ltmoto (quoted above). With this, the errors finally went away (I did have to clear DTCs a few times though). I also had to disconnect the negative battery lead for an extended period (I left it disconnected for >60 min) to be able to use the steering wheel buttons while driving.

FWIW, mine is a '22 Maverick XLT Hybrid Lux with 360 CoPilot and I received it on October 31, 2022, so it was one of the later units off the line. I haven't tracked the details that closely, but I know mine was built after they moved to the non-thermostat display temperature knob. Perhaps there were other differences between the earlier units and the later units that are causing the incompatibility with the OP FORScan settings.
Glad you got it to work, and I am happy that I somehow helped! Cheers!!
BTW I have been enjoying the ACC / lane centering feature so much recently. The 3 hours long drive I do every once a while becomes so much more pleasant.

Area51T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anyone done this install with a Lariat yet? My dealer left off the assist package and lane centering/acc was one of the main reasons I went with the Lariat.
Mostly just wondering if I could forgo some of the parts like the bracket, grill, deflector etc. Would be really nice if the wiring was already there as part of the Lariat + 360 package.

Telemachus

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB (sold), XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For sure you will need the bracket. You can always modify your existing grill and deflector (although I'm not sure if the grill with ACC is actually different, or if the cover is made to just go over it).

You could look at the wiring harness on the passenger side of the hood and see if the wires are populated. The service manual I have is for the xlt, so it won't tell me the pinouts of where the ACC wires are supposed to be populated.

Last edited:

Telemachus

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB (sold), XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My truck is here and I just placed the order at fairway Ford for my parts.
Sponsored