Kip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Built 2023 XLT hybrid, sold MY23Lariat,MY22XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sorry, no video.

18x8.5 +43 offset, here's more info/pics. 18x8.5 Konig Hypgram w/ 235/60R18 Continental ExrtremeContact DWS06 | MaverickTruckClub - 2022+ Ford Maverick Pickup Forum, News, Owners, Discussions I got them from discountiredirect via their eBay store.

I did it all, with the help of my Dremel.

Not 100% yet but I've got a few options I'm going to try.

Thanks, just take your time cutting away the old grille. I spent about 6 hours just cutting away at the stock grille.

I didn't take any pictures during, it was very ugly process lol.

These are all after. Here's a before and after though.
grille.png

Thanks, no issues with the bumper removal. I cut nearly all of the OEM grille. Everywhere that's honeycomb, the original Lariat bars had to be cut away and replaced. Basically the outer shell of upper grille is all that's still OEM. And the painted middle portion of course.
stock.png
Wow that does look good!!
Thank you for a before and after!!
Sponsored

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Modified my grille this weekend. I cut away the OEM grille bars and replaced them with honeycomb inserts. Here's the honeycomb mesh/sheet that I used to make my inserts ~$35: Car Grill Mesh ABS Plastic Racing Honeycomb Mesh Grill Spoiler Bumper Vent 47" x 16" Inches

I had just enough left over to make a matching insert for the bumper. It was a lot of work but I think it was worth the effort. Fog lights are up next.

View attachment 22515

View attachment 22516

View attachment 22517

View attachment 22518

View attachment 22520

View attachment 22521

View attachment 22522

View attachment 22523

View attachment 22524

View attachment 22519

Updated with Q&A

Sorry, no video.

18x8.5 +43 offset, here's more info/pics. 18x8.5 Konig Hypgram w/ 235/60R18 Continental ExrtremeContact DWS06 | MaverickTruckClub - 2022+ Ford Maverick Pickup Forum, News, Owners, Discussions I got them from discountiredirect via their eBay store.

Thanks, just take your time cutting away the old grille. I spent about 6 hours just cutting away at the stock grille.

grille.png

Thanks, no issues with the bumper removal. I cut nearly all of the OEM grille. Everywhere that's honeycomb, the original Lariat bars had to be cut away and replaced. Basically the outer shell of upper grille is all that's still OEM. And the painted middle portion of course.
stock.png

Yeah, the pre-collision alert/braking still works. I'm glad it does because that was something I didn't consider before hand though :oops:

Yeah, could be a little more difficult adapting the 360 to the new grille.

J-B Weld 8237 PlasticWeld Plastic Repair Epoxy Putty - 2 oz. I also used zip ties around the entire perimeter to help the honeycomb hold the shape of the grille. I let it cure overnight and then I removed the zip ties before re-installing the bumper.
The more I look at the before and after pictures, the more I like the after!! Really does change the look of the Maverick and gives it a much cooler 😎 vibe! This is definitely something I'm going to do once my hybrid 🦄 gets a build and delivery date!

BoxxerDad@50

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Built 2023 XLT hybrid, sold MY23Lariat,MY22XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How did you attach the mesh to the front?

A Dodge that drives Fords

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Taurus Ford Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Looks good 👍

MavMaxKC

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Looks fantastic! Nice work! Did I miss how the new honeycomb sections were attached? Pic of the backside?

Sponsored

KenC

Banned
Banned
First Name
First
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck.
Modified my grille this weekend. I cut away the OEM grille bars and replaced them with honeycomb inserts. Here's the honeycomb mesh/sheet that I used to make my inserts ~$35: Car Grill Mesh ABS Plastic Racing Honeycomb Mesh Grill Spoiler Bumper Vent 47" x 16" Inches

I had just enough left over to make a matching insert for the bumper. It was a lot of work but I think it was worth the effort. Fog lights are up next.

View attachment 22515

View attachment 22516

View attachment 22517

View attachment 22518

View attachment 22520

View attachment 22521

View attachment 22522

View attachment 22523

View attachment 22524

View attachment 22519

Updated with Q&A

Sorry, no video.

grille.png

stock.png

Yeah, the pre-collision alert/braking still works. I'm glad it does because that was something I didn't consider before hand though :oops:

J-B Weld 8237 PlasticWeld Plastic Repair Epoxy Putty - 2 oz. I also used zip ties around the entire perimeter to help the honeycomb hold the shape of the grille. I let it cure overnight and then I removed the zip ties before re-installing the bumper.
Man, so awesome! Looks like you were really meticulous with the rebuilding the grill. I think it looks better than oem for sure. Nice work

Aherpa

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge, Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

View attachment 22515

View attachment 22516

View attachment 22517

View attachment 22518

View attachment 22520

View attachment 22521

View attachment 22522

View attachment 22523

View attachment 22524

View attachment 22519

Updated with Q&A

Sorry, no video.

grille.png

stock.png

It looks great and you did a great job modifying everything. I checked out the mesh grille you provided a link for and it looks like it comes as a roll. I was curious if the new grille shakes or moves at all while doing highways speeds?
Congratulations on the look.

StillWaiting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brandyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks, the honeycomb I used actually comes as a flat sheet, not a roll. There's no shaking or movement at highways speeds, it's solid. The honeycomb sheet is pretty thick ABS plastic, it's not flimsy, even after cutting it down to size.

I did the same thing to my F150 grille and it was still looking like new after 2 years when I sold it.
I’m excited to see the lights, I’ve been wondering about something like that for when my 🦄 comes in.

Berfs1

First Name
Gourob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Wow, I legit thought the honeycomb grille was stock! I actually had to go to the ford website to check lol. Very good job!

Mav st

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Will you be making these for others to purchase?

Sponsored

SoCal OG

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm seriously thinking about giving this a go. Just a little worried about screwing up the cutting process. And making sure the new honeycomb is attached securely.

SoCal OG

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered the parts...lets see if I have the cajones to go through with it.

Ths0154

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick EB XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Looks great.

Reactions: JJC

Charles

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Edge
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I would love to do this; lacking the courage.
Sponsored