Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat 2.0 AWD; 20 Escape SEL 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Welcome to my DIY Garage Opener and Ford Auto Dimming Mirror project!

I know there is the KIA mirror way to do this (KIA mirror thread), but I had already purchased the parts prior to getting my Maverick and the KIA mirror thread existing. Plus, I didn't want to worry about the mirror moving when if I press the homelink buttons on the mirror too hard.

Even if you do the KIA mirror route, this puts all my information about the creating the wiring harness into one place; versus my multiple posts in the KIA mirror thread.

While this is working just fine in my Maverick, realize this is buyer beware. No warranty expressed or written. Use it at your own risk. With that out of the way, if you have any questions let me know.

FYI - You can find my DIY Auto Start/Stop and Default Mode project here: DIY -- Disable Auto Start / Stop + Default to a Drive Mode | MaverickTruckClub - 2022+ Ford Maverick Pickup Forum, News, Owners, Discussions

Edit: 3/13/24:
For those of you looking for other cars to get a mirror from, since the KIA one seems to be sold out, realize there are different versions of Homelink. This is important if you have a newer Liftmaster or Chamberlain, as you want to make sure that you have version 4. You can determine the version by looking at then mirror’s model number (or other stampings on it). They typically end with HL3 or HL4, with HL4 being version 4. The change over is somewhere around 2015, but not cars started the change over that early.
Sponsored

Attachments

Last edited:

mikeakasully

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Escape, 2023 Ford Maverick 2.0 Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Nice write up!

OP
OP
Mabcim

Mabcim

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

thev8man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid XL, 2023 XLT Tremor
Engine
Undecided
Clubs

I know there is the KIA mirror way to do this (KIA mirror thread), but I had already purchased the parts prior to getting my Maverick and the KIA mirror thread existing. Plus, I didn't want to worry about the mirror moving when if I press the homelink buttons on the mirror too hard.

Even if you do the KIA mirror route, this puts all my information about the creating the wiring harness into one place; versus my multiple posts in the KIA mirror thread.

While this is working just fine in my Maverick, realize this is buyer beware. No warranty expressed or written. Use it at your own risk. With that out of the way, if you have any questions let me know.

FYI - You can find my DIY Auto Start/Stop and Default Mode project here: DIY -- Disable Auto Start / Stop + Default to a Drive Mode | MaverickTruckClub - 2022+ Ford Maverick Pickup Forum, News, Owners, Discussions
Booyah 👊🏽 😁 👍🏽 🇺🇸

zach57x

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Great job! I followed your instructions back in November to make the custom harness for the Kia mirror and still going strong to this day!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mabcim

Mabcim

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Great job! I followed your instructions back in November to make the custom harness for the Kia mirror and still going strong to this day!
Thanks. Glad to have helped.

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Bravo!

Ottocycle

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' RS6 Avant, 14' CTS-V Wagon, 87' BMW 535is
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Thank you for your write up.

Will you make and sell a harness for the KIA installation?

Would love to have a plug-and-play option.
Contact forum member mikeakasully; he has made up harnesses for the KIA mirror for plug and play installation

OP
OP
Mabcim

Mabcim

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Thank you for your write up.

Will you make and sell a harness for the KIA installation?

Would love to have a plug-and-play option.
Sorry, I do not plan to make harnesses to sell.

dadd75

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.universityofheaven.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid Lariat, 2013 Buick Encore
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Thanks so much!
Sponsored