Ado
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid in Shadow Black
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
***Updated***
Attached the DIY instructions for those who are in need of installing towing 4-pin wiring harness. I hope this is helpful and a special thanks to @RonR1959 and @Tundra2Maverick(?) for keeping us excited about adding a tow hitch, and @finallygotamaverick for sharing his critical knowledge on the red and brown wire swap, which makes Curt's Bronco Sport wiring harness work.

If you have any questions, just drop me a message, or post here and I and others will do our best to answer questions. The link I and others used is in the PDF.

Again, I'm not an automotive tech, just a garage DIY'er sharing my personal information and experience. If in doubt, source it out. I don't know anything. :)

Hey all, installed the Curt "T" wiring harness on my Hybrid today. I am just setting up a placeholder for my DIY write up with PDF instructions and images. Stand by!!! @Tundra2Maverick(?) I'm writing it up at this moment.
Sponsored

Attachments

Last edited:

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That was an Awesome job on your installation guide. That should benefit a lot of folks in the future. Kudo's and High Five's to You for all your efforts!

OP
OP
Adospeed

Adospeed

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ado
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid in Shadow Black
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That was an Awesome job on your installation guide. That should benefit a lot of folks in the future. Kudo's and High Five's to You for all your efforts!
Thx Craig. Trying to give back to the board, since I have benefitted from a lot of the info provided here. Have a great week!

Tundra2Maverick(?)

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid Lariat Base Grp 500A
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
***Updated***
Attached the DIY instructions for those who are in need of installing towing 4-pin wiring harness. I hope this is helpful and a special thanks to @RonR1959 and @Tundra2Maverick(?) for keeping us excited about adding a tow hitch, and @finallygotamaverick for sharing his critical knowledge on the red and brown wire swap, which makes Curt's Bronco Sport wiring harness work.

If you have any questions, just drop me a message, or post here and I and others will do our best to answer questions. The link I and others used is in the PDF.

Again, I'm not an automotive tech, just a garage DIY'er sharing my personal information and experience. If in doubt, source it out. I don't know anything. :)

Hey all, installed the Curt "T" wiring harness on my Hybrid today. I am just setting up a placeholder for my DIY write up with PDF instructions and images. Stand by!!! @Tundra2Maverick(?) I'm writing it up at this moment.
Great job. If you ever want work, I have seen a lot of instruction manuals that could use your expertise. Thank you for your experience and the useful information.

Sponsored

Tundra2Maverick(?)

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
***Updated***

Did the 4-pin plug come with a clip to mount it on the Ford Receiver slot?

Tundra2Maverick(?)

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
***Updated***

You had questioned wiring the module into the 12V accessory supply in the bed. It sounded like a good idea, and much easier than going to the battery. What changed your mind?

hopsnbarley91

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota Sienna, 2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

You had questioned wiring the module into the 12V accessory supply in the bed. It sounded like a good idea, and much easier than going to the battery. What changed your mind?
I'm wondering the same. Maybe the 12v in the bed goes to a fuse that has a lower rating? Or the gauge of wire is too small? These are only guesses.

Either way, kudos to OP for the write-up.

OP
OP
Adospeed

Adospeed

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ado
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid in Shadow Black
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did the 4-pin plug come with a clip to mount it on the Ford Receiver slot?
It did not. If you are able to identify that piece, let me know. I don't plan on towing in the immediate future, so not to worried. But I would like it to appear like it is from the factory.

OP
OP
Adospeed

Adospeed

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ado
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid in Shadow Black
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not fully understanding how it might impact, and to @hopsnbarley91 point, not aware of the factory fuse rating vs. the inline fuse, had me a little uneasy. But if anyone confirms that it's a viable option, I'd definitely consider doing it myself.

Sponsored

Tundra2Maverick(?)

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It did not. If you are able to identify that piece, let me know. I don't plan on towing in the immediate future, so not to worried. But I would like it to appear like it is from the factory.
Attached is a picture of the Ford plug, with slots to fit into the receiver bar. A picture of the Curt regular plug is also attached for comparison. I may try to order the Ford harness, using my Ford Pass Points. I assume that it will need the same modifications that you did to the Curt harness, since they are both for a 2022 Bronco Sport. I will visit the dealer next week, since I cannot order on the Ford Parts site with points.

Ford Maverick DIY: 4-Pin Towing "T Connector" Wiring Harness Install on Hybrid PDF Trailer Harness Bronco Sport Plug.JPG

Ford Maverick DIY: 4-Pin Towing "T Connector" Wiring Harness Install on Hybrid PDF Trailer Harness Bronco Sport Price.JPG

Ford Maverick DIY: 4-Pin Towing "T Connector" Wiring Harness Install on Hybrid PDF Trailer Harness Bronco Sport Plug Curt.JPG

OP
OP
Adospeed

Adospeed

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ado
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid in Shadow Black
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Attached is a picture of the Ford plug, with slots to fit into the receiver bar. A picture of the Curt regular plug is also attached for comparison. I may try to order the Ford harness, using my Ford Pass Points. I assume that it will need the same modifications that you did to the Curt harness, since they are both for a 2022 Bronco Sport. I will visit the dealer next week, since I cannot order on the Ford Parts site with points.
@Tundra2Maverick(?) Yes, logic would lead me to believe that you'll need to swap the red and brown wires. But being it's the Ford one with it's own convertor box and by the image I see, its going to be a lot more splicing than just two wires, since it doesn't appear to be using the T Connectors at the taillights.
Ford Maverick DIY: 4-Pin Towing "T Connector" Wiring Harness Install on Hybrid PDF 7ce6ee81f890528b0f0f704b2c1b0dbc

https://www.newautoparts.com/oem-parts/ford-trailer-hitch-wiring-harness-4-pin-ft1z15a416a?c=az0x

twolane

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Bumping to the top because this PDF was indispensable for my install this past weekend.
Thank you very much!

OP
OP
Adospeed

Adospeed

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ado
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid in Shadow Black
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Bumping to the top because this PDF was indispensable for my install this past weekend.
Thank you very much!
Right on Ryan, I'm so glad it helped!! That's what Forum boards are all about. Cheers!
Sponsored