Discussion about how to achieve a larger lift

Petri1235

First Name
Demetrius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Not super experienced in playing with suspension components, but someone with more knowledge and experience might be able to help. My question is this:

If one wanted to apply a 4" lift, could it be accomplished with the following components:
- 4" spring lift kit (springs and struts)
- 2" subframe spacers (to align the Suspension components similarly to a 2" spacer lift)
- Performance CV axles with a greater operating angle.

To me, this would seem to give the appearance and room of a 4" lift with more room for larger tires than what a 2" spacer lift would allow and only stress the suspension the same as a 2" spacer lift would. Performance CV axles would reduce the chance of failure at the CV joints from the increased operating angle caused by the 2" difference from the stock suspension alignment. It would have the same subframe clearance as the 2" spacers, but with the added room for larger tires, one could achieve an overall greater clearance as well as a more "aggressive" and "offroad" look achieved by the 4" spring lift. The spring lift as apposed to 4" spacers would aid in choosing proper springs to counter body roll from the increased height of the vehicle.

Thoughts?
Sponsored

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Portals?

I dont know I am building a AMC Eagle right now. Its diff is bolted to the motor. Its complicated to lift them more than 3" without a SAS. Most of the guys that have gotten more than 3" out of the IFS on it have had access to a machine shop. Realistically anything over 2" will be personalized and custom. No one is going to do a 4" kit for it anytime soon atleast. Wait till there is a few million of these out there then we will see something company developed maybe. Untill then you better get some CAD software.