Sponsored

Disappointed... Dealer not honoring price on order sheet due to mid-year price increase

annspark

First Name
Annette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport Trac and Acura RDX
After 13 months I received word from the dealership my Maverick was in and ready to pick up. Took it for test drive and love it.
Then for the paperwork. What a surprise to find Ford is not honoring the price on my order sheet. Apparently there has been a mid year price increase
that adds about $1500. to the original cost. So I waited through all the delays and because they couldnt get the truck made any sooner I have to pay extra.
The dealership says nothing they can do since it is a Ford increase and if I dont want it they can sell it for $5,000. more. Wow...
Oh and when I ordered financing was starting at 0%, its now at 4.9%. Not Fords fault but still and increase due to the delays. I have been buying Fords for years. Disappointed they dont care about the customer enough to honor the original price after all of their delays.
Sponsored

bearsfan647

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EBike - Future Ford Maverick!
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Your dealership is lying to you. I’m sure of that on the rates, the price protection not entirely sure.

they can literally select the rates at time of order in Smart Vincent.

@fordvideoguy can you confirm the above? Hate for this user to be taken advantage of.

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They have to pull the smart Vincent and you get both the protected price and rate

93nighthawk

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Transit 150, 97 Aerostar AWD, future XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Sponsored

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If they don’t know what it is have them call Ford In Salina Kansas. @fordvideoguy

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Porsche Macan S/2023 Integra 6MT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yep, you can get your original MSRP and the promo rates. But your dealer has to:

A)Know what they're doing (most don't) and
B)Care enough to do it (most don't)

YazYaz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Every time I see one of these posts I wonder if all of the facts have been described accurately.

DannyP

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 F150, 2017 Escape SE, 1929 Model A Coupe
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I didn’t even have to ask for price protection or order date interest rate. My dealer made it right without me even mentioning it.

Last edited:
OP
OP

annspark

First Name
Annette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport Trac and Acura RDX
Every time I see one of these posts I wonder if all of the facts have been described accurately.
I described the facts accurately. I was at the dealership last night and now will not pick up my Maverick until Monday. With increase and the new interest rates I decided to go through my credit union for financing so could not bring the truck home. If I left out any facts let me know . Happy to share.

Sponsored

Espeer

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 focus, 2003 expedition
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I described the facts accurately. I was at the dealership last night and now will not pick up my Maverick until Monday. With increase and the new interest rates I decided to go through my credit union for financing so could not bring the truck home. If I left out any facts let me know . Happy to share.
So, are you just going to completely ignore the posts in this thread and the many other threads explaining exactly why this is occurring and how to fix it?

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I went in with an alternate financing offer and told them if they couldn't meet the rate that was advertised when I placed my order I'd have to go with the other guys. Miraculously they had access to the better rates. Imagine that!
Sponsored