Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

As we know,when you get out of your truck,take the key on xlt the doors lock .i may be wrong but i think it does it with key in the siwitch.anyway,regardless how do you set the locks to not go on automatically ?i tried it in the screen setting but i never found a simple on off setting.i know,why dont you want it to lock🤨never needed it before and dont need it now.
Sponsored

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Mustang Fastback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As we know,when you get out of your truck,take the key on xlt the doors lock .i may be wrong but i think it does it with key in the siwitch.anyway,regardless how do you set the locks to not go on automatically ?i tried it in the screen setting but i never found a simple on off setting.i know,why dont you want it to lock🤨never needed it before and dont need it now.
First, I've heard of it. I have a Lariat Lux and it doesn't have auto locking doors. I wish it did, my wife's 2019 equinox does .

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/auto-lock.6779/

Is this a new 2023 feature?

Truck2

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota highlander hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would love it if my 2023 xlt hybrid has an auto lock feature when exiting the truck (say 30 seconds after leaving) or right away if that is only option. Don't beleive my 2020 toyota highlander hybrid offers this.

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
My 22MY XLT does not have an auto lock feature.

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
First, I've heard of it. I have a Lariat Lux and it doesn't have auto locking doors. I wish it did, my wife's 2019 equinox does .

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/auto-lock.6779/

Is this a new 2023 feature?
Unlikely that this is a new feature added for 23MY Mavericks. I'm guessing that the OP is either confused or the vehicle is malfunctioning.

On a side note I also love the auto lock feature on my 23MY Mach-E. I just get out and walk away and 30 or so seconds later my phone pings letting me know the vehicle is locked. It's pretty cool.

Sponsored

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
After thinking about this for awhile it hit me that this is not the first time I have read about complaints with the doors spontaneously locking themselves. May of 2022 was the first time I remember reading about it. I even commented in the first link down below.

Anyway, @Gpp you might not be the only one experiencing this issue. After doing a search here are a couple of other threads that might be of help. I am not sure if anyone has found a resolution to this problem.

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/annoying-door-lock-issue.15889/#post-357598

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/doors-locking-randomly.23812/#post-451141

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/maverick-xl-spontaneously-locking-doors.15314/

MaverickAngler

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
For whatever reason my drivers door will auto lock but the rest remain unlocked

OP
OP

Gpp

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Maybe i worded this wrong😔when i get home,get out of truck the passenger doors stay locked.key in or not.never fails ,come to get in the back doors they stay locked.have to go back around the car to unlock the doors.trivial i know but it should be a way to stop this.

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Maybe i worded this wrong😔when i get home,get out of truck the passenger doors stay locked.key in or not.never fails ,come to get in the back doors they stay locked.have to go back around the car to unlock the doors.trivial i know but it should be a way to stop this.
Okay, so that's different. You want it to unlock all doors when you open the driver door to get out. Try this. Basically, hold Lock and Unlock on your key for 4s.

Reprogramming the Unlocking Function
You can enable two-stage unlocking function allowing you to unlock only the driver door when you touch the unlock sensor. Press and hold both the lock and unlock buttons on the remote control for four seconds to disable or enable two-stage unlocking.
Or check for this:

Autounlock - What Is Autounlock
WHAT IS AUTOUNLOCK

Autounlock is a feature that centrally unlocks the vehicle doors when your vehicle comes to a stop and you open the driver door.
AUTOUNLOCK REQUIREMENTS

Autounlock unlocks all the doors after:
  1. The vehicle speed exceeds 12 mph (20 km/h).
  1. Your vehicle comes to a stop.
  1. You open the driver door.
Note: Autounlock operates for only 10 minutes after the ignition is switched off.
SWITCHING AUTOUNLOCK ON AND OFF

1. Using the information display controls on the steering wheel, select Settings.
  1. Select Vehicle Settings.
  1. Switch Autounlock on or off.
https://www.fordservicecontent.com/...A&div=f&vFilteringEnabled=False&buildtype=web

OP
OP

Gpp

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

This is what I finally did and it works.simply set it to off and all good,even the tailgate unlocks.going to just disconnect the tailgate wire though and be done with it.

Sponsored

Charlie12345

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
For whatever reason my drivers door will auto lock but the rest remain unlocked
My 2022 Mav XLT EB does the same thing with the drivers door, even with the key still in the ignition.
I am lucky I have keyless entry and Ford Pass also.
Otherwise, it kinda ruins your day (Ask me how I know...)

secretagentstone

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Mazda MX-5 RF, 90 Turbo NA Miata, '79 El Camino
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Am sad. I thought there was an auto lock feature. I have been trying to adjust to this as my previous car had this. Thank God for the app. Whenever I'm not sure I'll just pull out the phone and do a sanity lock command.
Sponsored