Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HCH2, Hybrid XLT on order
Or in this case dip our truck

someone has told us they are willing to coat our new Maverick (it’s what they do not an amateur) and embed the foundation logo and info under the topcoat. Our colours are green and purple so we are thinking of the ZTN Hypershift

here is a link to a car with it, and a Dodge Ram opinions?
Sponsored

asel3121

First Name
Asel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro
Engine
Undecided
Incredible! How the hell do you register the vehicle's color, though?

OP
OP

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
With the Vin ;) but I get your point.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
I had a White Subaru Forester and wrapped it in Yellow vinyl. The paint code on the frame was for White but when asked at the DMV I told them Yellow. That was what it was registered as.

I would be clueless what to call it if it was the Hypershift color. I guess you could leave it the factory color or make it one the the colors in the Hypershift coating. Good question though.

Sponsored

MaverickAngler

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

someone has told us they are willing to coat our new Maverick (it’s what they do not an amateur) and embed the foundation logo and info under the topcoat. Our colours are green and purple so we are thinking of the ZTN Hypershift

I have a decent amount of experience with this. I’d ask them if they have every used Raail products. If you have the option choose Raail. If not stick with plastidip (DYC) and you’ll still be extremely happy. You really don’t know the difference until you’ve seen both

OP
OP

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a decent amount of experience with this. I’d ask them if they have every used Raail products. If you have the option choose Raail. If not stick with plastidip (DYC) and you’ll still be extremely happy. You really don’t know the difference until you’ve seen both
They are donating it to us, but I can ask. I think they only use DYC/plastidip, but as stated, it never hurts to ask.

MaverickAngler

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
They are donating it to us, but I can ask. I think they only use DYC/plastidip, but as stated, it never hurts to ask.
Awesome! I wouldn’t look a gift horse in the mouth then lol
I would suggest buying something DYC sells called dipcoat and using it religiously after washing. Makes things much nicer long term

OP
OP

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awesome! I wouldn’t look a gift horse in the mouth then lol
I would suggest buying something DYC sells called dipcoat and using it religiously after washing. Makes things much nicer long term
Good to know, this is for a charitable foundation, so every dollar saved, well you get the idea.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
the product is donated, so I am not certain how it is a waste of money. It does allow us to embed the logo and contact information on for the foundation under the outer coat, that is a bonus. The installer gets an msrp tax credit and is only out materials

I am sorry you to not like it.

how would you fulfill the above obligations?
Looks like crap!! Waste of money!

Last edited:

sdr.speng

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
the product is donated, so I am not certain how it is a waste of money. It does allow us to embed the logo and contact inhh Gu otmstion for the foundation under the outer coat, that is a bonus. The installer gets an msrp tax credit and is only out materials

I am sorry you to not like it.

how would you fulfill the above obligations?
Guess I was talking about the car paint job - that car reminded me of the Wizard Of OZ - The horse of many colors - hated it in the movie and I sure wouldn't want to drive it around. Didn't mean to put down the Foundation Logo product.

OP
OP

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guess I was talking about the car paint job - that car reminded me of the Wizard Of OZ - The horse of many colors - hated it in the movie and I sure wouldn't want to drive it around. Didn't mean to put down the Foundation Logo product.
I did not take it that way (logo side)

everyone has different expectations. My reasoning fir accepting the donation is multi fold. As I stated Company colors are Green and Purple, we want the logo and contact info on the vehicle, which owning a 48 inch vinyl cutter I can do. DYC products will reduce paint damage over time. Accepting the donation improves our own recognition in the community and help the donator.

I am open to other ways to do the same. It certainly doesn’t need to use hypershift colours for example.

so I am legitimately open to alternative suggestions

sdr.speng

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

I apologize for my earlier comments - I didn't read your post completely and just jumped to conclusions which was completely wrong. The product sounds like a plus for the vehicle and I'm sure you will get plenty of responses. Thanks for your understanding and willingness to forgive.

OP
OP

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I apologize for my earlier comments - I didn't read your post completely and just jumped to conclusions which was completely wrong. The product sounds like a plus for the vehicle and I'm sure you will get plenty of responses. Thanks for your understanding and willingness to forgive.
Not a problem at all and I appreciate all your replies. I am looking for honest feedback, or else I would not have asked.
have learned over the years that my preferences are different than almost everyone else's, it's part of being human. I am particularly aware that I have blind spots, and respond with self-doubt. When I see an opportunity, my first question is why is someone not already doing this?
Sponsored

Last edited: