2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

AWD so I can get to the nude beaches. Or other interesting places.;)
There are nude beaches in Witchita?
Sponsored

Dechion

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Kia Forte
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
FWD, as I am buying a hybrid and AWD isn't an option. I would likely get it if it was.

Lyle

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dakota
There are nude beaches in Witchita?
hahaha! I lived around the gulf coast near Houston for several years, and drove the beaches to get to some of the back bays to fish. I still go back and fish a couple times a year. Yes the youngsters drive a few miles down the beach and yes on occasions the beach was nude.;)

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

hahaha! I lived around the gulf coast near Houston for several years, and drove the beaches to get to some of the back bays to fish. I still go back and fish a couple times a year. Yes the youngsters drive a few miles down the beach and yes on occasions the beach was nude.;)
LOL, I grew up in San Diego and went to Blacks Beach, a semi-nude beach, was always a lot of Fun/

JBnorthTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2013 Honda CRV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

FWD hybrid. It's going to be mostly a commuter and Home Depot run vehicle. Earlier in life I would have used it for camping and a little off road stuff, but I'm old now. :)

Sponsored

fordtruckguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford truck
I'm a bit late to this party, but my answer is both. I ordered a Maverick XLT Hybrid FWD, I wanted the fuel economy while still being able to use it for light truck stuff. I lost my patience with my previous car consistently having issues and decided that it was a ticking time bomb. I wanted to offload it during the hot market before something major broke that Id have to repair and then take the loss on its no longer clean record. I went and test drove a XLT 2.0 Ecoboost FWD model from one dealership but they wanted $2500 over sticker. I then went to another dealer that had an XL AWD and drove that and bought it at sticker.

So I tried twice to get a FWD and ended up with an AWD. In the end, its probably best for me.
Did you keep your hybrid order? Similar situation here. Ordered hybrid and ended up with AWD. My plan is to test drive the hybrid when it comes in and decide what I want to keep.

Mav2Scamp

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat FX4 4K tow,19 CRV EX-L
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
AWD for the 4K towing package because I ordered a 16 ft camper trailer which will weigh about 2000 lbs.

JennyJoannSuebeeMcNash

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
FWD, because this is Florida, not NY. I've had one AWD vehicle to get me through upstate NY snow and ice, and while it was useful there it's definitely overkill here in Florida. However, in the process of ordering, it was almost like the salesman was PUSHING me to get AWD "for resale value." (More like in case the truck comes in and I change my mind and walk and they can jack up the price before offering it for sale on their lot.) Anyone else have this experience?

Sponsored

HybridNiroGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have been thinking about getting an EB instead of waiting for the hybrid. When building on the ford site, changing from FWD to AWD on the EB removes the 1,085 upgrade from hybrid engine. Is this a mistake or what is the reasoning behind it?

CenTexMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: Subaru WRX, Challanger RT, RAM 1500
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I would have preferred AWD... the one I came across at a dealer was FWD... that was the only other option ion it I would added. I do have to say I am still very happy with the FWD mine has. Love this little truck!

Bentley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Jayco Melbourne , ‘12 BMW Z4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
FWD Hybrid. I intend to tow it behind an RV. And I love the MPG.

mla_anderson

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus SE Coupe, 22 F-150 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Would have gone FWD if hybrids were still available, but since I had to go EB it added AWD.

Sjbuck2021

Banned
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Frontier /2018 Acura RDX
FWD..I already have a all wheel drive rdx. I am using the Maverick as our primary vehicle especially when oil goes for $140 a barrel next year.
Sponsored