Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 XLT Lux EB 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Seems like all the sophisticated lightweight well built trailers are made in Canada these days -
she's been a sturdy thing so far
Sponsored

Phil37

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 VW Golf Sportwagen, 2012 VW Routan
I picked the AWD because while I live in Mississippi, never go off road and will probably never tow, we do have friends and family in Northern New England & Canada.

Sponsored

MimiE

First Name
Mitzi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
AWD, because I live in Texas, and I don't want to be stuck in my yard during Snowmagedon 2.0 this coming winter...

RogueCheddar

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 XLT Lux EB 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Nice how "off-roady" can she get ?
not a whole lot, ride height is too low for anything beyond a graded gravel road, I'm looking at flipping the axle and getting some more aggressive tires for it in the Spring, make it a bit more off roady.

jonathan1994

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Taurus Limited
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I wanted the hybrid for hills and city driving and refinement.

I would have paid plenty for a hybrid AWD.

I would have paid a little for hybrid with 4k package.

Wasn't willing to add $4k for EB, AWD, and tow

ChopperPilot6

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

FWD. I really would've liked to have AWD but ultimately the Hybrid engine was more important to me. I drive a lot so the mpg gain really makes a difference for me and ultimately the times when I'd like to have AWD will be rare.. mostly for when I go skiing and need to get through the snow in the mountains. I think it'll do fine without it though.

Sponsored

Pamelaak

First Name
Pamela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Echo Sport
Thanks for telling me what I should do MPG37. You aren’t paying for my Maverick, I am, plus a Ranger with the same options would cost me 10k more and get worse gas mileage.

I am from PA and we get snow, plus we get a lot of slushy, freezing rain, sleet, snow mix. Totally different, besides from time to time I do some mild off-roading, and if you are going on the beach you will need AWD. I do not have the luxury of staying at home unless there is a state of emergency declared. I want AWD and I will have it. It is my truck and I will get what I want.
Agreed, the last report I read is the mpg was 25. Im thinking of just keep my gas gussler Eco Sport that gets 22 mpg and call it good and get my deposit back. And this free upgrade to AWD is fishey to me. I ordered AWD what kinda freebe do I get?

JKinPA

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mountaineer
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Agreed, the last report I read is the mpg was 25. Im thinking of just keep my gas gussler Eco Sport that gets 22 mpg and call it good and get my deposit back. And this free upgrade to AWD is fishey to me. I ordered AWD what kinda freebe do I get?
The Maverick is going to be impressive. I got a good deal with I wanted so roll with it. Just wait until you get a chance to see and drive the Mav first

Potatomafia

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would get the base FWD hybrid as I'm in FL and don't need the AWD but I want the Max tow. I had a 2 door Wrangler with a 2k tow capacity and towing a little 900lb teardrop camper was terrifying. I have a 1991 Suzuki Cappuccino that I'd like to tow to the local autocross and I think I'd be right at or over the base 2k tow rating.

The 40mpg hybrid is very appealing as I have a 60 mile daily commute. If we could get the 4k tow rating with the FWD hybrid, that is what I'd choose.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I would get the base FWD hybrid as I'm in FL and don't need the AWD but I want the Max tow. I had a 2 door Wrangler with a 2k tow capacity and towing a little 900lb teardrop camper was terrifying. I have a 1991 Suzuki Cappuccino that I'd like to tow to the local autocross and I think I'd be right at or over the base 2k tow rating.

The 40mpg hybrid is very appealing as I have a 60 mile daily commute. If we could get the 4k tow rating with the FWD hybrid, that is what I'd choose.
AWD hybrid towing package would be ideal. I'm looking at the AWD with towing because I want to have at least one vehicle capable of getting around if there is a heavy snowstorm. I also want to be able to tow a small camper.

Have to admit the fuel efficiency of the hybrid is really attractive but my commute is short and the mileage you get with the ecoboost really isn't that bad. Since we are forced to choose I went AWD.
Sponsored