First Name
Robyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I chose the FWD because I wanted a hybrid. I was really set on getting the Bronco Sport before I found out about the Maverick being hybrid.
Sponsored

Astropowell

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 VW Jetta SE (1.4L turbo, manual transmission)
FWD. Daily driver with a 40 mile roundtrip commute, so definitely wanted hybrid. Almost never tow, and live in an area where snow is rare.

hunterdon1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Focus
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
AWD. Because I have a FWD car now and it gets stuck in 2 inches of snow. I want to get around in the winter time.

MDmaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid Xl
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
FWD, this car will be my commuter vehicle. My wife’s car is AWD for any weather issues that warrant it.

Sponsored

davis1d0

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2021 Expedition, 1993 T-bird
AWD so it will be better in the winter.

MontanaEd

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PHEV- Volt
Back in 1992 when I bought a Mazda B2300 (it was really a Ford Ranger) I thought I wanted 4WD. The sales associate talked me out of it. When I sold that truck in had 120,000 miles on it and I never once wished for 4WD even though I hauled firewood on "unimproved ranch roads" and lived at the end of a dirt road. I used chains when I needed to.

I'll be going with FWD and the hybrid. Who knows, I might even haul a little firewood just for fun.

Mach E Leo

First Name
Leon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021Mach E 1950 jeepster. 2020 Highlander Hybrid
when I was younger I need 4WD for my commute in the winter I’m 61 and retired now so I went with the hybrid we have a awd Toyota Highlander hybrid awd and a awd ford mache so we’re covered for the winter

AlzMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Alz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey 2013
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
FWD-Hybrid. Needed good MPG on a daily-driven.

Sponsored

UpNorthBuckeye

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Expedtn, 17PriusV,22 Mavrk XLT hybridHPR
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
FWD. Definitely wanted the hybrid. Plus, traction is dependent upon weight over the wheels. Not sure how well balanced the Maverick will be but I assume like a conventional pickup the rear wheels won't dig in that well.
Also, as one of the old farts on here, I like to point out that I grew up in the 70s driving two wheel drive (really, one wheel drive 'cause I didn't have limited slip), and usually with bald tires.
Compared to that, driving a modern front wheel drive vehicle is like riding on a cog railway.
Also, I'm retired now, so if we get one of our every-few-years 10 inch snow falls, I'll just stay home, thank you!

Shecster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1930 Model A Ford - 1971 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Back in 1992 when I bought a Mazda B2300 (it was really a Ford Ranger) I thought I wanted 4WD. The sales associate talked me out of it. When I sold that truck in had 120,000 miles on it and I never once wished for 4WD even though I hauled firewood on "unimproved ranch roads" and lived at the end of a dirt road. I used chains when I needed to.

I'll be going with FWD and the hybrid. Who knows, I might even haul a little firewood just for fun.
From Livingston Mt. in my past and I was an oddity without a 4x4 cruising through Paradise Valley. But I still didn’t need it as I know how to drive in snow and slush etc. But man I got the “ look” quite a bit from folks as I had a 2WD Jeep Grand Cherokee....... but it could tow like crazy and never really left me stranded.

Enjoy your Maverick when it arrives in Big Sky Country ✔🇺🇸

KWVargas

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Escape
2.0L Eco, AWD, Copilot 360, FX4, 4K Towing. Going to the lake the roads get muddy and pulling a a trailer with side by side.

TXM2

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FWD ECO Maverick Lariat Lux
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Seems all answers are either "FWD cuz hybrid" or "2.0 AWD+4K+FX4+all". I guess I'm part of the very minority who went 2.0 FWD. Or maybe that option is missing from the survey.