stoptothink

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The hybrid was a huge selling point for us, so there was no choice, although it would have been FWD anyways. We're not doing any off-roading and although we live in a mountainous region that snows half the year, it's just an unnecessary extra expense for us.
Sponsored

Deleted member 1894

Shouldn’t be choosing a Maverick if you want all wheel drive
That is what the Ranger is for and it has real 4 wheel drive
I am in this for the mpg-37 combined. Driving is a punishment every time you need fuel why throw your money away You could give me a F150 I wouldn’t take it, well yes I would and sell it to get and drive a sensible Hybrid Maverick

JKinPA

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mountaineer
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Thanks for telling me what I should do MPG37. You aren’t paying for my Maverick, I am, plus a Ranger with the same options would cost me 10k more and get worse gas mileage.

I am from PA and we get snow, plus we get a lot of slushy, freezing rain, sleet, snow mix. Totally different, besides from time to time I do some mild off-roading, and if you are going on the beach you will need AWD. I do not have the luxury of staying at home unless there is a state of emergency declared. I want AWD and I will have it. It is my truck and I will get what I want.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Jmac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Trailblazer and Yukon Denali
I am in this for the mpg-37 combined. Driving is a punishment every time you need fuel why throw your money away You could give me a F150 I wouldn’t take it, well yes I would and sell it to get and drive a sensible Hybrid Maverick
Why pay close to 10k more for a ranger if mav will do what is needed? Went with AWD 4K for towing small boat and live in snow belt so nice to have for winter

JKinPA

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mountaineer
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Really?!?

BILLNOROVILLE

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
prius, Hybrid XLT, Honda 1100Rebel, 2) Hawk 650NT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Because my last 5 cars were just front wheel drive and of the 5, 2 were Hybrid and one electric. I had a Ford Sport Trac that I sold 2 years ago. Missed it and missed having a truck some but I did not miss the terrible gas mileage it got.

Selling/trading my Volt means gas will cost me a little more even if I get 40mpg. I'm at 143.2mpg today on the Volt. Will have the Mav and a Prius and 3 motorcycles (do they count?) when the truck arrives.

New2AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX Hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Fwd cuz hybrid. Plus I live in Phoenix so not too worried about snow anymore. The hybrid option is honestly the only reason I considered the Mav. I'm perfectly happy in my civic hatchback, but figured a small truck might be more useful.

Sponsored

Lvsparky83

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Fwd. No need for it, we get zero snow, extremely little rain. The benefits of the desert. But really just wanted a hybrid truck that get good MPG. I don’t plan on doing anything crazy with this truck. If I Wanted something truly off-road capable I would have gone with a Wrangler or Bronco.

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
FWD hybrid. California- heck, it doesn’t even rain here anymore. Should be ok
If it does then select "Slippery Drive Mode".

• Haha
Reactions: TCK

CLH917

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is stupid.

nunucello

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marcello
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid