Sponsored

Did Ford remove the center console ambient lighting on ALL MY23 trims?! (Answer: YES! as confirmed by multiple MY23 owners of all trims)

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Mine came with the display on the temp control. I like it. Will be a little disappointed when my 23 comes in to lose it
If that's true, then it was a running change for '22 model. My '22 Lariat Lux (October build) does NOT have that.

bentley72

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If that's true, then it was a running change for '22 model. My '22 Lariat Lux (October build) does NOT have that.
Mine was delivered end of march. Funny enough, our bronco sport doesn’t have it either. Not sure when the switch over was

crbalch

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The digital temp guage readout isn't all that big a deal, just something I expected to have without knowing the small changes that were made mid model year 22. I have a wireless carplay adapter so it's on the carplay screen 99% of the time, so it is a bit of an annoyance to turn the temp dial just to see where it's set. Not at all a non starter, but just a minor thing similar to the ambient light that would be a nice to have, especially after having dropped 40k on a fully loaded Tremor.

Reactions: bgn

Sponsored

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Mustang Fastback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Mabcim

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat 2.0 AWD; 20 Escape SEL 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Yup, the change was some time around May, when Job #2 started. Mine does not have them.

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

also, noticed that ambient light seems to be turned way down from factory. You may just have to go into setting and turn it up.
That was true for my '22 Lariat as well. It was set to the lowest light level initially, and I had to crank it up. For me, the ambient lighting was something I wasn't all that excited about, but it turns out to be something I really appreciate. I can actually see where I dropped that quarter!

CessPilot

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 F250 SuperDut
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It's already been asked and confirmed that the center console ambient lighting that was previously in all trim levels of the MY22 Maverick, with the Lariat trim getting additional ambient lighting for the door handles and foot wells, has been excluded from the MY23 XL and XLT trims.

What's interesting is that I've now heard 2 instances of a MY23 Lariat also missing the center console ambient lighting over on the Maverick subreddit.

It's starting to look like Ford got rid of the lighting in that area all together for the MY23 Maverick.

Can any other members with 23 Lariats confirm this?
My 23 Lariat Lux delivered 1/12 does not have the console lighting.

Sponsored

CessPilot

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 F250 SuperDut
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I went into setting and turned it all the way up and it did not turn on the console light.

Joeneonturbo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, Dodge SRT-4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My 23 Lariat Lux delivered 1/12 does not have the console lighting.
This is a bummer. My partners 2019 CRV has an overhead led that illuminates around the console, cup holders and cubbys as standard. Its very convenient to find things at night.

Profiteer

No digital readouts on my dials is a nothing burger. Adjustment’s pop right up on the center stack. Ambient light adjustment works just fine on my Lariat. So let’s go ahead and these “issues” out there: no hood flutter, no issues with the center console, B&O audio is great once adjusted, front and rear wheel wells have good liners, seats are very comfy, paint is stellar, cab is quiet, drive is smooth and steering is precise, power is better than expected. This little truck is far nicer than expected after all the “doom and gloom” posts 😎
Just you wait broooo

OP
OP

GonnaGetItOneDay

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento (sold in September)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes it is. Just took delivery on Jan 14th.
I think your truck might be the outlier here, every other MY23 Lariat that has replied here and over at the Maverick subreddit have said that they do NOT have the center console ambient lighting with their other ambient lighting.

Shakesbear

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
J. R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat AWD, FX4, 4K, Lux, no CP360 assist
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think your truck might be the outlier here, every other MY23 Lariat that has replied here and over at the Maverick subreddit have said that they do NOT have the center console ambient lighting with their other ambient lighting.
You're correct. I checked again while parked in the garage, and there was no "additional" ambient light in the center console. When I checked it before late at night in total darkness, the engine start button light, gear shifter lights, rear slider window button light, and two usb connection lights made it appear like it did have some ambient light in the center ;)
Sponsored