Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, Triumph TR3, Hybrid Maverick 1-18-23
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

following and not to far away.....

My neighbor is a welder and more importantly has access to a five axis machine . This would allow him to properly scan the underbody tray and literally fabricate it out of aluminum with precise tolerances. He would have to add the removable oil change panel that I want. This hopefully will be a spring project. ( as as aside, he did a fantastic skid plate for his truck)
Sponsored

OP
OP

MDmaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid Xl
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes, I thought that was weird. Seems to me that full synthetic would be used for both.

I agree especially since a turbo who add some additional heat and stress on any engine. The Hybrid engine is pretty under stressed. I wonder if the oil change intervals are shorter on the EcoBoost engines.

Last Truck Ever

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Do these aluminum underbody panels exist already or something you're looking to cook up? I'd like to dump that felt mess too.
Kinda surprised no large manufacturer has started offering these yet.

sanpablo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 Shelby GT500, 1999 Ford Windstar
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The correct Motorcraft replacement oil filter is a FL-910-S, which is larger than the original factory-installed filter.

I purchased 5-6 at less than $6 each plus Motorcraft cabin filters and air filters with my points through Chapman Ford online: TheOEMparts.com

I picked up two FL-910-S oil filters at Walmart today for $3.97 each. They don"t carry the Motorcraft 0-20w synthetic oil.

Sponsored

Bill Quattlebaum

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Ranger XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I agree especially since a turbo who add some additional heat and stress on any engine. The Hybrid engine is pretty under stressed. I wonder if the oil change intervals are shorter on the EcoBoost engines.
I think so. I have read that many people change the oil every 3,000 to 5,000 miles on the ecoboost engine. I think the manual requires every 5,000 to 7,500 depending on type of driving.

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I picked up two FL-910-S oil filters at Walmart today for $3.97 each. They don"t carry the Motorcraft 0-20w synthetic oil.
Good deal on those filters! I checked my oil filter price and they were $5.32 each shipped from the Ford dealer but I used my points for them plus the air and cabin filters so no cash out of pocket. I ordered my Penzoil Ultra Full Synthetic (2-5 quart containers) from Walmart and it was delivered in 2 days, plus I received a $25 rebate/gift card. I'm stocked up on the Maverick for a while. Unfortunately it seems that all of my vehicles use something different, from 0W-20 to 20W-50

F-050

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Ranger, 13 Sentra, 79 Vette, 18 BMW320i
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Do these aluminum underbody panels exist already or something you're looking to cook up? I'd like to dump that felt mess too.
It would be great if someone made it with door/ hatch for access

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Last week I did my first oil change in my XL Hybrid. I took advantage of unseasonably warm temperatures in Maryland in February. Mileage was 10600miles with about 16% oil life per the vehicle’s monitor.

All in all, very easy process and drain plug and filter are conveniently located. A shoutout to @Shay for his oil change video. The most time consuming part is unbolting (15) T30 fasteners.

I used Mobil One and Fram extended life filter. ( the factory filter seemed awfully small). Of note, I frequently check my oil dipstick ( every fill up typically. I think it’s being diligent/my wife thinks it’s just me being OCD) and have not noticed any consumption issues . The underbody guard does a commendable job keeping that area clean.

I also chose this time to change the engine air filter ( barely dirty ) and the cabin air filter ( surprisingly dirty) . Judging by driving habits, I’ll be doing an oil change twice a year.

I also plan on replacing the underbody tray with an aluminum one with a panel to access the drain/filter in the future.
Where do you get the aluminum underbody tray?

Sponsored

Thoron99

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My neighbor is a welder and more importantly has access to a five axis machine . This would allow him to properly scan the underbody tray and literally fabricate it out of aluminum with precise tolerances. He would have to add the removable oil change panel that I want. This hopefully will be a spring project. ( as as aside, he did a fantastic skid plate for his truck)
I don't know why they don't come with access points for oil changes from the factory. Our current cars don't have the aerodynamic under cover, but when I used to drive a 2011 Prius (45 minute one way commute...yuck) the lazy oil change place was constantly leaving half of the push connectors out of the tray. Ended up finding a decent mechanic in town that cost more but would do the job right.

Would just do it myself but we have a gravel driveway and getting under the cars is a PITA.
Sponsored