Vlady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat, Maverick XLT, Mazda, Bronco
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Zzzzz

So what they do not offer wireless. I don't use it. I like my phone plugged into my car and it also gets charged at the same time.
Mind you, the wireless charger pad is a very cool feature lately. However, it's on the higher trims where you have all the goodies anyways
Sponsored

MAVRICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Any
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford Authority gives overview of Connected Touch Radio:
https://fordauthority.com/2021/07/2022-ford-maverick-debuts-connected-touch-radio-exclusive/

2022 Ford Maverick Debuts Connected Touch Radio:

Last week, Ford Authority reported that the 2022 Ford Maverick XL and XLT do not offer SYNC 3, which is available on Lariat-trimmed Mavericks equipped with the optional Lariat Luxury Package. The standard infotainment system otherwise looks essentially identical to the SYNC 3 system, and both feature 8-inch touchscreens as standard equipment. As it turns out, we discovered that not only does the standard unit feature more capability than released materials and Ford’s online configurator might suggest, but it also has a name – Connected Touch Radio.

Ford simply refers to the Maverick’s standard infotainment system as an 8-inch center stack screen, but while clarifying its capabilities to Ford Authority, Ford also corrected us on the specifics of the system. Contrary to what other official documents state, the Connected Touch Radio does in fact come equipped with 911 Assist – which automatically dials 911 if the airbags are deployed – and Applink, which is Ford’s software architecture that allows certain apps to run on the automaker’s infotainment systems. These features work in conjunction with connected phones via Bluetooth, which is a core component of the Connected Touch Radio.

Additionally, as Connected Touch Radio contains Android Auto and Apple CarPlay compatibility, a long press of the voice button will activate either’s phone voice assistant feature for hands-free calling.

Having said that, it’s worth noting that there are still a few differences between the Maverick’s Connected Touch Radio and SYNC 3 in regards to native voice recognition. SYNC 3 gives users the ability to change radio stations, Sirius XM channels, and climate settings using their voice, and users can do the same with dedicated media devices like an iPod or iPod Touch.

Users can also use their phones wirelessly to make calls and have text messages read back to them. However, the base system does not have this capability, and neither Connected Touch Radio nor SYNC 3 offer wireless Android Auto or Apple CarPlay.
*Summary of the Article* ...

Connected Touch Radio
=> A subset of Ford's SYNC 3 System Capabilities

Connected Touch Radio DOES provide:

- 911 Assist [dials 911 if the airbags are deployed]
- Applink [Ford’s software architecture that allows "selected" apps to run on the Ford’s infotainment systems]
- Bluetooth [Enables "selected" Applink Apps to interface with (some) apps running in phone handsets]
- Wired Android Auto and Apple CarPlay compatibility.

Connected Touch Radio DOES NOT provide the ability to use voice commands to change:

- Radio Stations
- Sirius XM Channels
- Climate Settings
- Make (hands free) Telephone Calls
- Read Text Messages

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HCH2, Hybrid XLT on order
Am I misreading things, everyone here seems to be saying it does not have Apple and Android connectivity, yet the OP says: "Additionally, as Connected Touch Radio contains Android Auto and Apple CarPlay compatibility"

MAVRICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Any
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Am I misreading things, everyone here seems to be saying it does not have Apple and Android connectivity, yet the OP says: "Additionally, as Connected Touch Radio contains Android Auto and Apple CarPlay compatibility"
*WIRED* Android Auto & Apple Car Play compatibility/ connectivity only ...

Sponsored

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gotcha, NaPP (not a personal problem) GA has a hands-free law, tethered is a better option for me.

2cafn8d

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Monica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Jeep Wrangler, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Mind you, the wireless charger pad is a very cool feature lately. However, it's on the higher trims where you have all the goodies anyways
I have a One touch 7T Pro. It does not support wireless charging. I think it's because the wall charger 'Warp Charge' will go from 0-70% in a half hour.

So I never think about it.

Reactions: wjg

Shecster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1930 Model A Ford - 1971 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just hope the basic sound system sounds good. My last company-car a 2014 Ford Fusion, had a very nice Ford factory radio, good bass and mix of treble - sounded sweet. The input from my standpoint will probably be driven by the smart phone when not using the basic radio features.
Truck cabs by design usually make a nice concert hall. 🎸🎼🎹

Last edited:

ryhlow9

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Colorado
The description says no voice control for SiriusXM channels. Does that mean you get SiriusXM on XL and XLT, only without voice control?

Sponsored

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The description says no voice control for SiriusXM channels. Does that mean you get SiriusXM on XL and XLT, only without voice control?
It doesn't haver SiriusXM - you should be able to use it through google play/apple carplay though.

OP
OP
oljackfrost

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No SiriusXM on those trims. There are lots of music services you can access using CarPlay or AndroidAuto.

SuckLemons

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Toyota Tacoma 🌮
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is going to sound very “tin hat conspiracy” or silly to a lot of you, but how do we disable the “connectivity?” Like, I don’t want an AT&T SIM (eSIM?), it using my phone to collect information, etc. Can I just not agree to the Terms & Conditions? Can I physically remove or cover the mic?

Not insane (mostly), just very aware of what companies will do to gather your information for marketing purposes and then have it leaked all over the internet because of a vulnerability. Tired of giving them the OK to do so.

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Probably can’t disable the onboard data collection, but transmission will be easy enough to disable by clipping the cable. You may need to install a resistor to simulate the antenna and not generate a fault code. But I suspect it will be broadcast only except in emergencies or OTA updates. Worst comes to worst we can run a frequency analysis and burn out a frequency notch filter with white noise.

I am with you on the data collection. You have 2 choices that are legit: flood it with so much data and garbage to be useless, or disable it.Just remember sim skimming is done frequently at roadside by signage and at stoplights. They look for individual sims, and track them for things as simple as road traffic flow to more nefarious things like identification and marketing. So if you travel with your phone they are getting similar data.

(one of my many jobs choices was as a forensics (IT) tech and analyst for a PI firm back in the early 2ks and we did it then so I know it is done know more commonly)

THECATMAC

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I really wanted to upgrade the radio...its a no go...
Sponsored