willyboy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
several
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not for less than $1500, other aftermarket touchscreen for other Ford models can run that much.
This fossil has been fascinated by this part of the topic. From my viewpoint it's crap like this that makes most new cars cost well in excess of $35K. My first new car off the show room floor cost $2600.00. Got me everywhere just fine, started in -30 degree weather and purred at 80mph. But then, beer was $4 a case. No wonder there is such a demand for a knew $20K pickup. Way to go FORD!
Sponsored

Yippers

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 Ford Ranger
Mind you, the wireless charger pad is a very cool feature lately. However, it's on the higher trims where you have all the goodies anyways
Im getting the XLT/FX4 packages and im already looking into adding the wireless charger to the vehicle. Also going to be swapping out the 400 watt inverter for a 750 watt just for head room.

jimmy fitzwell

First Name
jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 pinto wagon, 67 olds 98
Probably can’t disable the onboard data collection, but transmission will be easy enough to disable by clipping the cable. You may need to install a resistor to simulate the antenna and not generate a fault code. But I suspect it will be broadcast only except in emergencies or OTA updates. Worst comes to worst we can run a frequency analysis and burn out a frequency notch filter with white noise.

I am with you on the data collection. You have 2 choices that are legit: flood it with so much data and garbage to be useless, or disable it.Just remember sim skimming is done frequently at roadside by signage and at stoplights. They look for individual sims, and track them for things as simple as road traffic flow to more nefarious things like identification and marketing. So if you travel with your phone they are getting similar data.

(one of my many jobs choices was as a forensics (IT) tech and analyst for a PI firm back in the early 2ks and we did it then so I know it is done know more commonly)
Thanks Robert, but some of your info is a little over my head as far as easy implementation.
I didn't know my XL was going to be calling the cops every time I push the gas too hard.
So what cable do I clip? Is there a fuse I can pull? Will the Mav still drive if I Break the antenna off or smash the screen to smithereens?
If I can't keep big brother off my ass I don't want the rig!

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HCH2, Hybrid XLT on order
Thanks Robert, but some of your info is a little over my head as far as easy implementation.
I didn't know my XL was going to be calling the cops every time I push the gas too hard.
So what cable do I clip? Is there a fuse I can pull? Will the Mav still drive if I Break the antenna off or smash the screen to smithereens?
If I can't keep big brother off my ass I don't want the rig!
Give us time to run data analysis on it, I was a computer and IT forensics tech back in the day so I should be able to run a spectrum analysis and capture some data from it to find out what it is really reporting. Supposedly it only functions to dial 911 if the airbags deploy, but I suspect there is more certainly the black box records more, but I doubt they are going to report you speeding, there would be too much data on too many drivers. Since other systems have the same modes, the work may have already been completed. I have not looked. Drop me a DM so it reminds me to investigate it as it is 3:30 am here in ATL.

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Im getting the XLT/FX4 packages and im already looking into adding the wireless charger to the vehicle. Also going to be swapping out the 400 watt inverter for a 750 watt just for head room.
I will probably do the same. For the extra couple of dollars it was well worth it to have the factory wiring and connectors installed.

Sponsored

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HCH2, Hybrid XLT on order
Give us time to run data analysis on it, I was a computer and IT forensics tech back in the day so I should be able to run a spectrum analysis and capture some data from it to find out what it is really reporting. Supposedly it only functions to dial 911 if the airbags deploy, but I suspect there is more certainly the black box records more, but I doubt they are going to report you speeding, there would be too much data on too many drivers. Since other systems have the same modes, the work may have already been completed. I have not looked. Drop me a DM so it reminds me to investigate it as it is 3:30 am here in ATL.
it looks like (at present) the connected touch will only operate via cell phone and requires said cellphone to be paired with your vehicle AND wired to it.

if this is the case, disabling it is east enough, do not connect your phone. If you must connect your phone, a proxy with something like little snitch or and reasonable firewall will stop it by setting it to null route anything not whitelisted or once we discover the destination IPs those same IPs

Lex

First Name
Alwx
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford fusion
I'm not sure that I am understanding this correctly. So if I get an Maverick XLT willy my Android device play Spotify wirelessly thought car speakers? Also will my phone calls come through the car speakers?

If not wireless can these functions be achieved with a USB wire connection?

Thank you

OP
OP
oljackfrost

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm not sure that I am understanding this correctly. So if I get an Maverick XLT willy my Android device play Spotify wirelessly thought car speakers? Also will my phone calls come through the car speakers?

If not wireless can these functions be achieved with a USB wire connection?

Thank you
Wired connection using Android Auto.

Lex

First Name
Alwx
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford fusion
You can also do those things wirelessly via bluetooth. You just won't have the screen mirroring of Android Auto.
Perfect, that was my hope. I should st least be able to pick up a phone call through the truck via a Bluetooth connection to my phone.

This capability is old tech and I would expect it to be standard on a new vehicle.

Sponsored

groovesocket

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Atom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Climo22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord Sport
I was looking over the steering wheel controls of the XLT and I don't see any button to change the radio station or tracks when playing usb media. I do see volme up, down, and mute. I'm sure it has this feature but I don't see it on the left side. Maybe another button on the opposite side will work?

Bayview boy

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Caravan, Envoy, Focus
I ordered an XLT hybrid. Does the radio have SiriusXM installed ? Does the radio have an AUX . Thanks !

KenT

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda CRV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
According to the Maverick owners manual, only Sync 3 has the rear passenger alert system. What does Ford say about that? They seem to be saying that unless you buy the Lariat Lux trim, we don’t care if you accidentally leave your baby in the rear seat in a hot car. You didn’t pay enough for protection.

KenT

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda CRV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don’t understand the economics of this. Once Sync 3 is developed, there would be zero marginal cost to add it to a vehicle. If fact, they probably had to spend money to develop Connected Touch, in the expectation that enough people would be disappointed in Connected Touch that they would upgrade to Sync 3 so they would recover the development cost of Connected Touch.
Sponsored