Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford Authority gives overview of Connected Touch Radio:
https://fordauthority.com/2021/07/2022-ford-maverick-debuts-connected-touch-radio-exclusive/

2022 Ford Maverick Debuts Connected Touch Radio:

Last week, Ford Authority reported that the 2022 Ford Maverick XL and XLT do not offer SYNC 3, which is available on Lariat-trimmed Mavericks equipped with the optional Lariat Luxury Package. The standard infotainment system otherwise looks essentially identical to the SYNC 3 system, and both feature 8-inch touchscreens as standard equipment. As it turns out, we discovered that not only does the standard unit feature more capability than released materials and Ford’s online configurator might suggest, but it also has a name – Connected Touch Radio.

Ford simply refers to the Maverick’s standard infotainment system as an 8-inch center stack screen, but while clarifying its capabilities to Ford Authority, Ford also corrected us on the specifics of the system. Contrary to what other official documents state, the Connected Touch Radio does in fact come equipped with 911 Assist – which automatically dials 911 if the airbags are deployed – and Applink, which is Ford’s software architecture that allows certain apps to run on the automaker’s infotainment systems. These features work in conjunction with connected phones via Bluetooth, which is a core component of the Connected Touch Radio.

Additionally, as Connected Touch Radio contains Android Auto and Apple CarPlay compatibility, a long press of the voice button will activate either’s phone voice assistant feature for hands-free calling.

Having said that, it’s worth noting that there are still a few differences between the Maverick’s Connected Touch Radio and SYNC 3 in regards to native voice recognition. SYNC 3 gives users the ability to change radio stations, Sirius XM channels, and climate settings using their voice, and users can do the same with dedicated media devices like an iPod or iPod Touch.

Users can also use their phones wirelessly to make calls and have text messages read back to them. However, the base system does not have this capability, and neither Connected Touch Radio nor SYNC 3 offer wireless Android Auto or Apple CarPlay.
Sponsored

rclee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Maverick Lux,A51,Hybrid,Rear Slider.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I cant believe they do not have wireless Apple Car Play or Android Auto. I had that on the base model 2019 Tuscon work car.

OP
OP
oljackfrost

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I cant believe they do not have wireless Apple Car Play or Android Auto. I had that on the base model 2019 Tuscon work car.
We keep forgetting that Ford was trying to keep prices down overall. All those little things we think are no big deal to add make the overall pricing go up. Personally I find it no big deal to plug in a cable.

vap0rtranz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mav Hybrid XLT, '17 Chevy Colo Z71 diesel
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
and Applink, which is Ford’s software architecture that allows certain apps to run on the automaker’s infotainment systems
Well someone at Ford Media / marketing didn't word things well. Only the Lariat had Applink listed.

Shay

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wireless AA and AC is still a rarity in the car market actually. Hyundai and Kia are just the front runners with personal tech. It's not surprising at all this model doesn't offer it as only about 20-30% of all new cars offer it right now.

Sponsored

rclee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Maverick Lux,A51,Hybrid,Rear Slider.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Thanks Shay, I only have my old Element and the new work car as a point of reference. I assumed by now all cars would have such magic.

ReddWulf

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick FX4, Harley Road King Classic
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well, I was hoping there was a little more to it than was listed - sure looked like it. Probably scored a few extra orders for the Lariat Lux that way. No wireless = no problem for me really. Apple Car Play will be an upgrade for me!! :geek:

mav_can

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3, 2018 Mustang EB Premium
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I hate wireless Carplay. I'm not against having it as an option but on my BMW it's laggy as hell, heats up my phone (iphone 12), kills my battery, and is generally a terrible experience compared to the wired Carplay I had in my previous Hyundai. Worst of all on BMWs you HAVE to use wireless, even if you plug in the wire it doesn't care and forces you to go wireless.

Sponsored

MDRN

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat First Edition Hybrid Rapid Red
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The funny thing is that on the high end sound system with Hyundai you get wired Apple Car Play and Android Auto to this day. All the base models have wireless.

adawalli

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer Platinum, 2010 Toyota Prius 3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Jukebox Nero

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Maverick Lariat Alto Blue FX4 4k 2.0 EB

r100gs91

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cactus Grey Hybrid- XLT w/Lux-2021 BMW F900xr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
i just have my fingers crossed for an aftermarket screen that takes up the entire space, offers more features, and is easy to swap plus a front camera (maybe camera from the bronco sport). I can wait for a later upgrade.
Not for less than $1500, other aftermarket touchscreen for other Ford models can run that much.

r100gs91

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cactus Grey Hybrid- XLT w/Lux-2021 BMW F900xr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yep, I've had a couple on order for a while. I wonder if the Maverick USB ports are unpowered when off or continuously powered.
If it's like other Fords, the USB's are only hot for about 10 min after key off.
Sponsored