PapaDave

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4 VBlue & XLT hybrid A51
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have decided to take the Maverick to a professional detailer right away from picking it up. Going to have the dealer not to wash or add anything to the paint. I have no experience on ceramic coatings. May just do some Turtle Wax spray protectant to fight against tree sap/bird droppings. Anybody have suggestions? I got the pepper red paint and paid extra for it.
Sponsored

OP
OP

PapaDave

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That was what i was going to use, the bottle with the green label. So many different ones they have in that series. A lot of good reviews from Youtubers. I hope it will work for a base coat protectant.

hsinking1932

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Update about red Mavericks:

Rapid Red is a Late Availability item. The dealer told me that it has a lower priority. So I booked a Hot Pepper Red. I hope I can get it in early autumn.

OP
OP

PapaDave

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Update about red Mavericks:

Rapid Red is a Late Availability item. The dealer told me that it has a lower priority. So I booked a Hot Pepper Red. I hope I can get it in early autumn.
Yeah, I got the pepper red too. Looks to have a little orange tint to it in the sun, looking from video and pics.

Sponsored

hsinking1932

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My dealer showed me a Hot Pepper Red Ranger and a Rapid Red Mustang. I like the Rapid Red more, but not enough to make me wait.

Younglefthander

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat, 22 Bronco Sport Big Ben
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looking ahead I want to protect the paint as best I can since living in Florida. I’m getting the Shadow Black.
I emailed a local shop about doing this. Told them it was a Maverick, someone called and said they had to look up truck online because they never heard of it till my email. Anyway they said $1,450 out the door for the ceramic coating. Higher than I expected but it was the first quote I’ve gotten. Plan on getting a couple more and doing research to see best option. Will add here once I find out more.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
Go to AdamsPolishes.com and check out their Ceramic Coating or Spray. They have lots of DIY videos to help you understand the process. It is soooo easy to DIY. Their Coating lasts 6-7 years. The Spray lasts a year. It will take you a day to prep and Spray the truck. But boy is it worth it. I retired in 2019 and detailing/keeping my vehicles clean is my retirement hobby. Ceramic Coating makes it easy and cheap. I paid a thousand dollars twice to have my Subaru and Lexus coated. I can do it myself for $100.00. If you can wash and wax your car you can skip the wax and replace it with Ceramic Spray and save money.

OP
OP

PapaDave

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Go to AdamsPolishes.com and check out their Ceramic Coating or Spray. They have lots of DIY videos to help you understand the process. It is soooo easy to DIY. Their Coating lasts 6-7 years. The Spray lasts a year. It will take you a day to prep and Spray the truck. But boy is it worth it. I retired in 2019 and detailing/keeping my vehicles clean is my retirement hobby. Ceramic Coating makes it easy and cheap. I paid a thousand dollars twice to have my Subaru and Lexus coated. I can do it myself for $100.00. If you can wash and wax your car you can skip the wax and replace it with Ceramic Spray and save money.
I like the ceramic coating DIY idea. Only thing is the timing of delivery of my Maverick. Probably going to be too cold and rainy here in Seattle to do a good DIY.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like the ceramic coating DIY idea. Only thing is the timing of delivery of my Maverick. Probably going to be too cold and rainy here in Seattle to do a good DIY.
Good point. Luckily I live in the Sunshine State. :)
I DO NOT, WILL NOT run any of my vehicles through a carwash. I use a low pressure power washer and a foam cannon. When I want just a quick wash and rinse I will go through a DIY carwash and rinse the car ( NO SOAP or Wax) and them hand wash with microfiber and then rinse again. I blow dry it doing 50 MPH. Once Ceramic Coated you'll know why this works. I haven't used my wipers in months. Anyway, if you can at least do that then get it home and into the garage you can complete the Ceramic Coating process in the garage. Being a NEW vehicle we hopefully won't have a lot of paint to correct or prep work. I good wash and check then apply the surface prep and then ceramic Coating Spray. Super simple. It's the prep and correcting that takes the time. If you don't have a garage (to stay warm and keep the surface of the car decent (not frozen) then I guess you'll have to wait until the weather gets better or pay a bunch of bucks.

Sponsored

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Good point. Luckily I live in the Sunshine State. :)
I DO NOT, WILL NOT run any of my vehicles through a carwash. I use a low pressure power washer and a foam cannon. When I want just a quick wash and rinse I will go through a DIY carwash and rinse the car ( NO SOAP or Wax) and them hand wash with microfiber and then rinse again. I blow dry it doing 50 MPH. Once Ceramic Coated you'll know why this works. I haven't used my wipers in months. Anyway, if you can at least do that then get it home and into the garage you can complete the Ceramic Coating process in the garage. Being a NEW vehicle we hopefully won't have a lot of paint to correct or prep work. I good wash and check then apply the surface prep and then ceramic Coating Spray. Super simple. It's the prep and correcting that takes the time. If you don't have a garage (to stay warm and keep the surface of the car decent (not frozen) then I guess you'll have to wait until the weather gets better or pay a bunch of bucks.
I've been looking at the Adam's stuff and picked up the Waterless Wash and Car Shampoo to try out. I used the Waterless Wash on my Harley and was very impressed with resulting shine! What do you recommend for surface prep for the Ceramic Coating Spray. It seems like there are quite a few options to go with. Thanks

Younglefthander

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat, 22 Bronco Sport Big Ben
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wow - Been looking into some of the professional shops around town for paint protection.
$1390 up to $8500. I'm sure doing it this is a really good way to protect the paint but
I think I'll stick to some of the good suggestions listed here.

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wow - Been looking into some of the professional shops around town for paint protection.
$1390 up to $8500. I'm sure doing it this is a really good way to protect the paint but
I think I'll stick to some of the good suggestions listed here.
I'm going the same route. I've looked into Adam's Polishes and that's the way I'm going. I'm going to start on my Harleys to get an idea how good it and how to apply it. I've already tried their Waterless Wash was amazed how good my bikes looks!

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've been looking at the Adam's stuff and picked up the Waterless Wash and Car Shampoo to try out. I used the Waterless Wash on my Harley and was very impressed with resulting shine! What do you recommend for surface prep for the Ceramic Coating Spray. It seems like there are quite a few options to go with. Thanks
They only sell one Surface Prep. It's under the Ceramic heading. https://adamspolishes.com/collections/ceramic-surface-prep/products/surface-prep

It's a combination of Water and Alcohol. I'm not sure about the mix though. It strips all of the waxes and soap scum and anything on the car. You use that as the LAST step prior to applying the Ceramic Coating/Spray. There is a Strip Wash Shampoo but I've never used it.

If you're talking about the steps of prepping the vehicle for Ceramic here is what I do. I've purchased many NEW vehicles and have done my last three myself. I wash the vehicle, then apply Iron Remover on a wet vehicle. Let it set a minute or two but DO NOT let it dry on the vehicle. Rinse it off good. I wash the vehicle again and with a soapy vehicle I use a Clay Mitt. Used to use Clay Bar but found the Mitt sooo much easier. Then hand wash again. Dry vehicle with a dryer and with a towel. Move it to the garage. Apply the Surface Prep the Ceramic Spray. I may use the Ceramic Coating on the Maverick. Up until now I have only ever used the ceramic Spray.

Hope that answered your question. If not let me know.

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They only sell one Surface Prep. It's under the Ceramic heading. https://adamspolishes.com/collections/ceramic-surface-prep/products/surface-prep

It's a combination of Water and Alcohol. I'm not sure about the mix though. It strips all of the waxes and soap scum and anything on the car. You use that as the LAST step prior to applying the Ceramic Coating/Spray. There is a Strip Wash Shampoo but I've never used it.

If you're talking about the steps of prepping the vehicle for Ceramic here is what I do. I've purchased many NEW vehicles and have done my last three myself. I wash the vehicle, then apply Iron Remover on a wet vehicle. Let it set a minute or two but DO NOT let it dry on the vehicle. Rinse it off good. I wash the vehicle again and with a soapy vehicle I use a Clay Mitt. Used to use Clay Bar but found the Mitt sooo much easier. Then hand wash again. Dry vehicle with a dryer and with a towel. Move it to the garage. Apply the Surface Prep the Ceramic Spray. I may use the Ceramic Coating on the Maverick. Up until now I have only ever used the ceramic Spray.

Hope that answered your question. If not let me know.
Yes, Ceramic prep was what I was looking for. Thanks for the information, especially about the clay mitt and Iron remover! We have very hard water here in Tucson so water spots are always a problem if you don't towel/air dry your vehicle. I'm going to take all your advice and try it out first on my Harley. It's much smaller area to work with and this way I can get an idea of how to do everything and the work time I have with the product. So when my Maverick does finally show up I'll have a good idea of how the process works. I'm thinking of just using the Ceramic Spray because it seems to be easier to use. How long does the Spray last? They claim a year. Also I see they sell other Ceramic washing product to "protect" or "enhance" your Ceramic finish. Have you tried any of them?
Sponsored