First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Haven’t thought to much about it, but with the amount of space under the hood, why’d the 12V go in the underseat area. I know other manufacturers put Hybrid batteries in the underseat space for packaging but curious why the 12V ended up there
Sponsored

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Haven’t thought to much about it, but with the amount of space under the hood, why’d the 12V go in the underseat area. I know other manufacturers put Hybrid batteries in the underseat space for packaging but curious why the 12V ended up there
The HV motor controller occupies the space used by the battery on the Ecoboost.

aitch-2-oh

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taurus X
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Because Gallows Humor is still humor, the explanation at the 4:28 mark of the "Open or Closed Casket Pole" (non-conducting and used to drag the body out from under the truck) was hilarious. I won't be messing with the Orange Cables...

flashfearless

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mav Lariat Hybrid,2014 Ford Edge Limited
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Was this an FX4? It wasn't clear to me why he had plates there. Was it because of Fx4, or should we see this on all hybrids?

Watchman

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
V12-XJS Jaguar, S10 LS Stepside
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I looked at the positive side of the battery under the seat. It will prolong the life of the battery and although we lose some space, Hybrid owners have a much better option for a DIY 400w inverter. From the beginning I planned on installing an inverter and connect it directly to the battery. Probably find an area behind the seat for the inverter and run wires to battery. I'll decide when I get my Maverick if I run the proper wiring to the bed and other areas.

Sponsored

Lone Star Proud

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The guy's description of the purpose of the yellow insuated pole made me laugh.

flashfearless

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mav Lariat Hybrid,2014 Ford Edge Limited
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes, this is the HYBRID Fx4 that doesn't exist.
Oh yeah, I forgot. I guess I was assuming I would not have plates covering the underside unless I added Fx4. After watching the video, I can understand the need for the plates as I kept asking myself how things would stand up to mud & rain and stuff.

shark978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
canyon
Engine
Undecided
Definitely need a better quick access to filter and drain plug for oil change

Yep and all for overly stringent EPA MPG regs. I keep drumming why dont people vote out the pols for stuff like this. Instead it's totally ignored as to why it exists and gets worse and worse.

That said I wonder if it'd be worth just taking to a oil change place for those 15 bolts, let them mess with it up in the air with electric wrenches. The Mav IIRC probably recommends change every 20k miles and that's from the maker so it's overly conservative, so not a huge deal in that you dont have to change your oil a ton. My thing is I use 15k rated synth and the 15+k rated filters for my annual changes (drive 12k a year), not sure how oil places handle such a request as i've always changed my own.

Sponsored

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yep and all for overly stringent EPA MPG regs. I keep drumming why dont people vote out the pols for stuff like this. Instead it's totally ignored as to why it exists and gets worse and worse.

That said I wonder if it'd be worth just taking to a oil change place for those 15 bolts, let them mess with it up in the air with electric wrenches. The Mav IIRC probably recommends change every 20k miles and that's from the maker so it's conservative miles and that's from the maker so it's overly conservative, so not a huge deal in that you dont have to change your oil a ton. My thing is I use 15k rated synth and the 15+k rated filters for my annual changes (drive 12k a year), not sure how oil places handle such a request as i've always changed my own.
You recollection isn’t accurate. You will find information regarding oil changes in the manual. Though the Hybrid can exceed 10k miles in 12 months time it won’t be anywhere near 20k miles. With your 12k miles of driving you might make it.

The EcoBoost will definitely stay below 10k miles. As for a request to put your own oil in the vehicle. You will need to find a shop that will do it. Dealers only use MotorCraft.

No matter what oil you get the oil life monitor system will still recommend oil changes based on programming.

page 436 below. You will notice that the manual was rushed. First is says “Hybrid Vehicles could exceed 10,000 mi” and than it says “never exceed 1 year or 10,000 mi between oil changes”.

Ford Maverick Detailed Look & Description of Maverick Hybrid Undercarriage Bottom and Engine Bay B9219475-30A3-4831-8433-348CDCC0E979

Last edited:

Watchman

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
V12-XJS Jaguar, S10 LS Stepside
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Definitely need a better quick access to filter and drain plug for oil change
I'll be installing a couple of these boat deck hatches when I get my Maverick. One for the filter and one for the oil pan drain -- $40.00 for both

I also want to say thanks for the excellent video. This is what keeps us busy until we get our Mavericks. I do want to add that the Hybrid takes 18 quarts of coolant! -- Yeah, I said 18 quarts!
Ford Maverick Detailed Look & Description of Maverick Hybrid Undercarriage Bottom and Engine Bay Hatch

Last edited:

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'll be installing a couple of these boat deck hatches when I get my Maverick. One for the filter and one for the oil pan drain -- $40.00 for both

I also want to say thanks for the excellent video. This is what keeps us busy until we get our Mavericks. I do want to add that the Hybrid takes 18 quarts of coolant! -- Yeah, I said 18 quarts!
Hatch.jpg
That's a good idea for an access panel !

clif442004

First Name
richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
I looked at the positive side of the battery under the seat. It will prolong the life of the battery and although we lose some space, Hybrid owners have a much better option for a DIY 400w inverter. From the beginning I planned on installing an inverter and connect it directly to the battery. Probably find an area behind the seat for the inverter and run wires to battery. I'll decide when I get my Maverick if I run the proper wiring to the bed and other areas.

also easy hook up for pre-installed amp slim line sub woofer
Sponsored