Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Mav Lariat Lux / '90 ZR-1 / '03 Yamaha V-Max
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The guy seems to have a fairly good understanding of the Hybrid drivetrain and highlights some interesting points. Also points out unique components in the engine bay.

Sounds like he's a dealer tech, and I laughed when he explains the special ⚡pole midway the video (ie open or closed casket ). Things sure have changed from my long-ago youth when I changed plugs, points, condenser and maybe distributor cap once or twice a year.

This explains some of the features we've been speculating about, like that green plug that didn't seem to have a defined purpose. Enjoy!

Sponsored

YazYaz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The guy seems to have a fairly good understanding of the Hybrid drivetrain and highlights some interesting points. Also points out unique components in the engine bay.

Sounds like he's a dealer tech, and I laughed when he explains the special ⚡pole midway the video (ie open or closed casket ). Things sure have changed from my long-ago youth when I changed plugs, points, condenser and maybe distributor cap once or twice a year.

This explains some of the features we've been speculating about, like that green plug that didn't seem to have a defined purpose. Enjoy!

Very well done. Thanks for taking the time.

Cyberike

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat hybrid lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I am wondering where exactly the catalytic converter is, and whether or not I should worry about installing some type of theft protection.

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for sharing!

Sponsored

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Given how easy it is the acess, I'd be a little concerned about battery theft. Then again they'd need a group of people to move the thing no doubt.

FloodingdowninTX

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Given how easy it is the acess, I'd be a little concerned about battery theft. Then again they'd need a group of people to move the thing no doubt.
Or maybe the insulated yellow pole feature to extract the shocked would be thieves.

clif442004

First Name
richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Or maybe the insulated yellow pole feature to extract the shocked would be thieves.
You need a market just for that battery to become a problem,
Prius battery has no market value,
But I was buying Prius NON STOLEN Convertors for $1800 from garages if they had bad one not already been stolen.

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

You need a market just for that battery to become a problem,
Prius battery has no market value,
But I was buying Prius NON STOLEN Convertors for $1800 from garages if they had bad one not already been stolen.
Someone who steals it likely wouldn't sell it as an entire battery pack. If they sell individual cells, and there is a market for them, it would be less suspicious, since there are applications for these cells outside of vehicle batteries.

Sponsored

clif442004

First Name
richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Someone who steals it likely wouldn't sell it as an entire battery pack. If they sell individual cells, and there is a market for them, it would be less suspicious, since there are applications for these cells outside of vehicle batteries.
Yeah true but the anti freeze lines and electrical connections and the owner😡😡😡😡 make it a job that you really want to risk your life.

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Yeah true but the anti freeze lines and electrical connections and the owner😡😡😡😡 make it a job that you really want to risk your life.
Didn't say someone doing it was very smart. :ROFLMAO: Then again anyone doing it, that had the knowledge how not to kill themselves during the process, might very well be. I mean we are talking about the same type of people who used to steal copper wire from telephone polls.

XLTLUXA51

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ezra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ninja 650r, Suzuki SX4, Buell blast 500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
In my opinion the whole underside has way to many wires in places that water is likely to get to (this being the death of my 2011 Prius) with the Prius they ran most of the wires internally and water still got in there. Here it only has those plastic shields that probably won’t do too much other than get ripped off. mud season here in the northern USA and probably the majority of Canada has most cars undercarriage pretty ugly looking. I’m wondering if I can get some aluminum shields to replace the plastic ones.

TCK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta Sportwagen
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Learned quite a bit here- thanks for posting!
Sponsored