Sponsored

Depreciation- How much will a Maverick lose in value when you drive it off the lot ?

66six

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius / 22 Ford Mavrick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How Much Can I Expect My New Car to Depreciate? A new car depreciates or loses value almost immediately after you drive it off a dealer's lot. As a quick rule of thumb, a car will lose between 15% and 20% of its value each year according to Bankrate.com. I think the Maverick will go up in value.

I saw a real Maverick at my dealer today ( thanks Dejan Zoric at Ford Country Henderson Las Vegas for sending me a text saying they had one for viewing )He also had my Vin. # and build date I should have mine by November 20 or sooner .After seeing a real Maverick I have to say I was so impressed and any questions I had were answered These Ford guys are so professional .... Seeing the truck made my day ... So Happy ...

Ford Maverick Depreciation- How much will a Maverick lose in value when you drive it off the lot ? IMG_7687
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
66six

66six

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius / 22 Ford Mavrick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Let me get to the point I can actually drive it off the lot and I'll worry about it then.
Years ago I had one of the first Mazda Miatas in Vegas and after a few weeks Mazda raised the price $5,000 , I can almost see Ford adding an increase because of demand . I hope not but biz is biz

Ford Maverick Depreciation- How much will a Maverick lose in value when you drive it off the lot ? IMG_0391.JPG

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
In this market? It might just appreciate in a few months. Strange times.

vezpa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
EMG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It wont, for a year... until supply matches demand.

Sponsored

OP
OP
66six

66six

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius / 22 Ford Mavrick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
In this market? It might just appreciate in a few months. Strange times.
I agree and don't believe there is a chip shortage next thing they will tell you there is a katchup shortage .

Ford Maverick Depreciation- How much will a Maverick lose in value when you drive it off the lot ? IMG_1955.JPG

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Neighbor bought a truck back during peak COVID when dealers still had a ton of stock and no demand as no one was showing up to shop for cars and weren't really driving much for a steal. Ended up selling it this year for a profit, lol! So who knows anymore.

Usually I'd say just trust the lease info, as they have experts they pay big bucks on to do market research to make the best educated guess. Last I read this for value after 3 years: "Ford Credit lists a residual value of 62 percent on the entry-level Maverick XL based on 10,500 miles per year, according to CarsDirect. The XLT trim has the highest residual value at 64 percent."

bombast

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
In the extreme short term, Maverick's may not depreciate much or at all. This is not based on the Maverick's own merits, but on the market it's being released into.

After a couple years, depreciation is probably going to get bad. The expectation for myself, and probably a lot of other people out there, is that the Maverick (Or whatever vehicle they buy in the next couple of years) will be the last ICE vehicle they'll ever own. In the next decade, charger access will go up, EV prices will come down, Bolt fiascos will become less common, and at that point who's going to want a gasoline vehicle? There will still be a few niche uses where those kinds of engines are desirable, but I don't see the Maverick sitting in any of them.

CASD57

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz
Engine
Undecided
How Much Can I Expect My New Car to Depreciate? A new car depreciates or loses value almost immediately after you drive it off a dealer's lot. As a quick rule of thumb, a car will lose between 15% and 20% of its value each year according to Bankrate.com. I think the Maverick will go up in value.

I saw a real Maverick at my dealer today ( thanks Dejan Zoric at Ford Country Henderson Las Vegas for sending me a text saying they had one for viewing )He also had my Vin. # and build date I should have mine by November 20 or sooner .After seeing a real Maverick I have to say I was so impressed and any questions I had were answered These Ford guys are so professional .... Seeing the truck made my day ... So Happy ...

IMG_7687.jpeg
Yea and can you imagine being a Santa Cruz new owner and had to pay that extra 2-3-4-5,000 dollars ?

Sponsored

sdr.speng

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The days of Depreciation are gone! I heard so many stories where a person paid, say, $30,000 for a vehicle 3-4 years ago and sold or traded in the same vehicle for 1.5-2.0% return today.

My current car (Acura TL) I paid $14,000 for in 2014 and now it worth $25,000. My boss just told me yesterday that his Ford F-150 Raptor was worth $70,000 today (he had it appraised-Retiring), when he paid $45,000, 3 years ago.

The Maverick is a truck and therefore with the current market, the Maverick should hold it's value good for a long time.

That's why the Maverick is such a Great Bargain with a starting price of $20,000 where other trucks start in the $30,000-$35,000 base.

zeketolliver

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hyundai Tuscon NLine
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Based on basic supply and demand logic, the hybrids seem like a contender to retain a higher market value.

...of course time will tell if the Mav is a Fix or Repair Daily, or a First on Race Day variety.

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The days of Depreciation are gone! I heard so many stories where a person paid, say, $30,000 for a vehicle 3-4 years ago and sold or traded in the same vehicle for 1.5-2.0% return today.

My current car (Acura TL) I paid $14,000 for in 2014 and now it worth $25,000. My boss just told me yesterday that his Ford F-150 Raptor was worth $70,000 today (he had it appraised-Retiring), when he paid $45,000, 3 years ago.

The Maverick is a truck and therefore with the current market, the Maverick should hold it's value good for a long time.

That's why the Maverick is such a Great Bargain with a starting price of $20,000 where other trucks start in the $30,000-$35,000 base.
You say both “current market” and “for a long time”. That’s a lot of faith that vehicle market won’t stabilize or change from the crisis point we’re in now?

FLAirGunner

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing yet!
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just sold my 2016 Chevy Colorado to Carvana for $3000 more than I paid for it new back in 2016! I was also told that if I ended up not wanting one I ordered, they would just put it on their lot, increase the price by $3000 and sell it off their lot. So, yes, at this point, I think you could probably pick it up, drive it off the lot, sell it and make money! Now, six months to a year from now, all that could change!

22Mav

Banned
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT/Lariat.. Undecided still :O
Twenty percent a year. Hmm,,,,,
In 5 years= $0

I know. I KNOW. I was kiddin
I know, I KNOW, you was kiddin, but that's not how that works.

Going with $20,000 new..
Year 1 value assuming 20% depreciation = $16,000
Year 2 value assuming another 20% depreciation = $12,800
Year 3 value assuming another 20% depreciation = $10,240
Year 4 value assuming another 20% depreciation = $8,192
Year 5 value assuming another 20% depreciation = $6,553.6
Sponsored

Reactions: JJC