Delivery delayed by one month!

G Sorc

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat hybrid
My Maverick left factory Dec 16. Arrived in Illinois Dec 28. Moved East to indiana then back to Chicago. Now notified won’t be delivered until Jan 29-Feb 4!! They called it an in transit stop ship!! Dealer has no idea what that means. Any help??
Sponsored

L Martin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LuxLariat 2.0 cactus grey FX4
My Maverick left factory Dec 16. Arrived in Illinois Dec 28. Moved East to indiana then back to Chicago. Now notified won’t be delivered until Jan 29-Feb 4!! They called it an in transit stop ship!! Dealer has no idea what that means. Any help??
My order sat in VA for 2 months under a stop ship order. My dealership tried everything they could think of to find out the reason for the stop ship. They never has any success. Turned out to be the fuel tank recall. Learned the reason only after it arrived at the dealership. I now expect it to sit another month at the dealership waiting for a new fuel tank. You may be able to guess the reason by monitoring the club info to see if others in your situation learn anything. Can be a really frustrating experience. Just hang in there.

I’ll add one more thing. The worst thing is not knowing the reason for the hold. It is maddening. Once I knew the reason, the waiting became a lot easier.

Paulsr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford mustang , escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My order sat in VA for 2 months under a stop ship order. My dealership tried everything they could think of to find out the reason for the stop ship. They never has any success. Turned out to be the fuel tank recall. Learned the reason only after it arrived at the dealership. I now expect it to sit another month at the dealership waiting for a new fuel tank. You may be able to guess the reason by monitoring the club info to see if others in your situation learn anything. Can be a really frustrating experience. Just hang in there.

I’ll add one more thing. The worst thing is not knowing the reason for the hold. It is maddening. Once I knew the reason, the waiting became a lot easier.
Could be damaged also

Could also be damaged in transit

Big Bob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘51 Dodge M37, ‘14 VW JettaTDI, ‘22 Subaru Impreza
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Mine is 6 weeks passed and didn’t even have the stop sale or recall! Watching the trackers there have been trucks built after mine and delivered to the dealer already. There is no rhyme or reason behind the way from the rail yard to the dealer.

OP
OP

G Sorc

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat hybrid

That has been the problem thru this whole process. I can deal with waiting. It’s all the bs ford hands out is what is so irritating. Tell me the problem and I’ll deal with it just don’t give me a bunch of beauricratic garbage and lies

Sponsored

dogie rider

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hyundai Kona
Same thing here. Shipped on the Dec 17th, and it was supposed to arrive Jan 7 to Jan 13. I got an email Tuesday saying it will Jan 30 to Feb 7. Last I heard it was in Indiana. I have neighbors that had a truck shipped after mine, and their truck arrived today.

JanTheSexyVektan

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I hate to read this stuff. I entered the delivery window today, 1/15, and I just have a generally bad feeling there is something wrong. I wouldn't mind so much if my current vehicle weren't up for registration renewal.

Vongreg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Camry, chevy 2500 HD, Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You are not alone, mine got pushed back too.

2022EOW

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I hate to read this stuff. I entered the delivery window today, 1/15, and I just have a generally bad feeling there is something wrong. I wouldn't mind so much if my current vehicle weren't up for registration renewal.
I just renewed mine. Not concerned though because here in Missouri you can transfer it to the new vehicle.

Sponsored

8211badger

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda fit
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That has been the problem thru this whole process. I can deal with waiting. It’s all the bs ford hands out is what is so irritating. Tell me the problem and I’ll deal with it just don’t give me a bunch of beauricratic garbage and lies
That would be nice but it doesn't keep the stock price stable. As a stockholder and multiple times delayed order holder I have mixed feelings lol. I'm 1/22 now too

8211badger

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda fit
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Unbelievable!! Tuesday get email my truck on stop ship with delivery pushed back a month. Just got call from dealer. It just arrived!! Ford is so screwed up. But very excited right now
oh wow! congrats

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Mine is 6 weeks passed and didn’t even have the stop sale or recall! Watching the trackers there have been trucks built after mine and delivered to the dealer already. There is no rhyme or reason behind the way from the rail yard to the dealer.
there is still a very real and not getting better anytime soon CDL truck driver shortage. It's likely deliveries for retail stores for Christmas season were a big priority for trucking businesses from middle of December until New Years. New cars sitting in staging lots? Not so much.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Unbelievable!! Tuesday get email my truck on stop ship with delivery pushed back a month. Just got call from dealer. It just arrived!! Ford is so screwed up. But very excited right now
to me that shows Ford is trying their best to get our vehicles to us, even if real time communication isn't what some people expect. Congrats 👏
Sponsored