Sponsored

Unlikely_Username

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
I thought the XLT was getting the smaller gauge cluster screen and you needed to get the Lariat for the bigger screen?
Sponsored

OP
OP
mdl20813

mdl20813

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Benson

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Benson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
After an arduous day of battle at the dealership, I emerged victorious and rode off the battlefield after 9pm last night in my new Mav! For reference: Ordered 7/9, Built 9/14, Delivered 9/30 (almost 3 weeks ahead of schedule).

Early Impressions:

Exterior: CG is just a sexy color in person. It isn't even well detailed yet but looks amazing and goes well with the FX4 wheels. I like the contrast of the black door handles on the XLT. Car is well proportioned and I don't think it looks or feels small in person. Fit & finish is impressive so far given the price point. I caught them before they drilled the front bumper for plates so it still looks clean up front. Will put in the black tailgate letters this weekend and probably take off the AWD badge and FX4 decals (don't like the random red, plan to replace with full black).

Interior: Impressed as well. Is it a luxury car inside? No. Is it nice and cleanly built inside? Yes. I think the blue/grey and orange go well together and work well with the CG exterior. Definitely roomy feeling and feels bigger than Ranger inside. I am 5' 11" and had plenty of room in both front and back seats. I'll be curious to see how all the hard plastics hold up over time but I really like the setup so far. My wife loves the stone colored dash & door inserts. Cool to see the off road screen for the FX4. Confirmed drive modes: Normal, Slippery, Tow/Haul, Sand, Mud/Rut.

Driving: Only 36 miles of mostly stop and go so far, so somewhat limited. Pickup is smooth from a stop and you can feel that the EB has some zip. It is a little bit noisy here and there (on some deceleration and cold temp start this morning). Does it bother me coming from a 2010 car with 100k on it, nope! Handling is tight and car like as expected. Got on the freeway for a brief bit last night and it got to speed plenty quick and will have no problem passing. Roads in my area are not super well maintained and while the Mav doesn't necessarily go over them like butter, it is absolutely better than a typical truck. Auto start stop is of course annoying but I did enjoy auto hold (even though my wife says it's weird). Overall, steering feel and throttle response are solid and the car feels nimble and easy to maneuver.

Overall: I am in love. Ford has a winner and will sell as many of these as they can get made. I won the lottery getting a build so early and it is going to do everything I need it to. Hope all the other early deliveries are loving theirs. Everyone waiting, hang in there bc they will be worth it!!

IMG-2154.jpg

PicTapGo-2021-10-01-083643.JPEG

PicTapGo-2021-10-01-083712.JPEG

PicTapGo-2021-10-01-083737.JPEG

PicTapGo-2021-10-01-083848.JPEG

PicTapGo-2021-10-01-083929.JPEG

PicTapGo-2021-10-01-083950.JPEG

PicTapGo-2021-10-01-084022.JPEG

PicTapGo-2021-10-01-084038.JPEG

PicTapGo-2021-10-01-084111.JPEG

PicTapGo-2021-10-01-084146.JPEG

PicTapGo-2021-10-01-084212.JPEG
What is Auto Hold? I do know about the auto start/Stop.

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What is Auto Hold? I do know about the auto start/Stop.
I just had it on a RAV4 I rented. Basically when you turn it on, if you come to a full stop you don't need to hold the brake. You can just hit the gas pedal when it is time to go, the engine will restart and the brake will release. It was interesting, after a couple days of use I still wasn't completely used to it, but I didn't hate it either. Jury was still out, will see how it works in the Maverick.

Sponsored

Benson

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Benson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just had it on a RAV4 I rented. Basically when you turn it on, if you come to a full stop you don't need to hold the brake. You can just hit the gas pedal when it is time to go, the engine will restart and the brake will release. It was interesting, after a couple days of use I still wasn't completely used to it, but I didn't hate it either. Jury was still out, will see how it works in the Maverick.
did you have the option of disabling the Auto Stop? It doesn’t sound beneficial to me.

OP
OP
mdl20813

mdl20813

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

did you have the option of disabling the Auto Stop? It doesn’t sound beneficial to me.
Auto Start/Stop - Shuts the engine down. Kicks back on when you hit gas

Auto Hold - Holds the brakes for you after stopping until you hit gas.

Both can be toggled on/off but Auto Start/Stop turns back on every key cycle and has to be shut off again.

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You can but I would consider giving it a try. If it works as well as my ranger it is fairly unobtrusive. The RAV4 had a terrible engine jerking every time, but my ranger works great, I'm hoping the Maverick will be the same.

Auto Start/Stop - Shuts the engine down. Kicks back on when you hit gas

Auto Hold - Holds the brakes for you after stopping until you hit gas.

Both can be toggled on/off but Auto Start/Stop turns back on every key cycle and has to be shut off again.
You are right about being able to turn these on it off, but the auto start stop restarts when you lift off the brake, not when you hit the gas. It only works like that if you also have the auto hold engaged.

Gpp

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

This might help you out while you wait. I took this picture when the test Maverick came to my local dealership.
Lariat Alto Blue (13).jpg
Most definitely helped😄i forgot the seat height also comes into play.
This might help you out while you wait. I took this picture when the test Maverick came to my local dealership.
Lariat Alto Blue (13).jpg
Yes this definitely helps !i forgot seat height also comes into play.thank you very much!

Turtle

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I agree the Connecticut Doc Fee is outrageous and it is the MAX allowed here. I will try and work that angle when the truck arrives somehow (free oil changes or something). Even though I am a disabled Veteran I do not qualify for any of the Ford plans.. Unless you know of something I do not.
Veterans Advantage

Sponsored

txmaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport 6 speed manual
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Almost my exact build. Scheduled to be built this week

davmel1006

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford maverick, 2019 Kia Sedona, 2015 Kia Soul
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My 10am appointment became 11, then "afternoon", then 7pm and did not wrap up until after 9pm. Included the usually battling over low ball trade offers, etc. Car buying is one of my least favorite things.
Congrats, my trade in $$ for me was an offer that I wanted. Ordered first edition carbonized gray, hybrid 8/12. Had just lariat. W/lux and 360. Then found out for $1500 more I could get first edition. So after a week, I asked if they would buy my trade in now. Was afraid, of the price dropping on my car before my mav came in. Luckily they agreed now have my money. Just waiting for my mav arrive.

Pearl

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Carolyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ordered '22XLT/hybrid 8/21, have beetle&ranger xlt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
On my Maverick order, the dealership said I must have the SecureEtch ($299.) although I don't want it and my insurance agent says it's not something that will affect my policy positively. Did your dealer say "It’s a non-optional anti-theft device that goes on every vehicle we sell. We’re not allowed to removed it. " or is this just my dealer policy? Thanks for you input and mine is going to be Catcus Gray, too.
Sponsored

Last edited: