Sponsored

DeeZee Tailgate Damper (Assist) Extra Parts left over after installing?

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wonder if anyone else has experienced this.

The DeeZee parts list shows 5 parts and they were all installed however there were two additional parts not listed and came in very small plastic bag. They look like bands and are sturdy and not flexible.

Pictures below are in order:

Parts List

Extra Parts

My Install: Top View

My Install: Bottom View

Someone else's install

Ford Maverick DeeZee Tailgate Damper (Assist) Extra Parts left over after installing? Only 5 parts listed.JPG

Ford Maverick DeeZee Tailgate Damper (Assist) Extra Parts left over after installing? Extra Bands or Rings.JPG

Ford Maverick DeeZee Tailgate Damper (Assist) Extra Parts left over after installing? Top.JPG

Ford Maverick DeeZee Tailgate Damper (Assist) Extra Parts left over after installing? Bottom.JPG

Ford Maverick DeeZee Tailgate Damper (Assist) Extra Parts left over after installing? Someone's elses install
Sponsored

UberGadgetFreak

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's common from DeeZee to have extra retainer clips to replace them if you ever have to remove the gas strut and happen to break or lose one. I got extras with mine and extra with the gas struts that hold up the hood on my Mustang. At least on the Mustang, its noted why there are extra retainer clips in the box.

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wonder if anyone else has experienced this.

The DeeZee parts list shows 5 parts and they were all installed however there were two additional parts not listed and came in very small plastic bag. They look like bands and are sturdy and not flexible.

Pictures below are in order:

Parts List

Extra Parts

My Install: Top View

My Install: Bottom View

Someone else's install

Only 5 parts listed.JPG

Extra Bands or Rings.JPG

Top.JPG

Bottom.JPG

Someone's elses install.png's elses install.png
It wouldn't be a do-it-yourself project if you didn't have a few parts left over🤣

BJ Wrangler

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Xtra clips plus the bottler opener. I put the opener screws back in the holes as I live road salt country
Sponsored