Uncle Ed

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander,Outlook,S10,1968Camaro,22Maverick.hybri
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mine dropped from 12.1 last night before I went to bed, to about 11.9 this morning before I started it and left for work.
I haven't had deep sleep alert yet but did notice on my digital volt monitor plugged into cigarette style plug that what has been normally been voltage of 14 to 15 volts while driving was 13.1 v this morning for the full time I drove, about 25 minutes. Then in the afternoon drive back 15.1 volts to start with but after 5 to 10 minutes voltage dropped down to 13.1 and stayed there until arrival at home. 4 months with 5600 miles , driven often , if I didn't have voltage monitor I wouldn't have noticed anything different of the truck performance.
Sponsored

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Mustang Fastback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
About 3 weeks after getting cable replaced, now getting deep sleep message, progress ?
Probably the battery hovering at the low end necessary to prevent it. Mine kept doing it and was hovering around 12.2 Volts after shutting the truck off.

I charged the battery overnight and Reset the BMS and it's not happened since the 16th.
It's still at 12.1-12.2V when off.
If it does it again I'll take it to the dealer and request a new, different, battery.

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...weeks-solution-12v-battery-replacement.23132/

Ford Maverick Deep Sleep mode - 2022 hybrid XLT 1658327959826

Last edited:

Capermike

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Maverick, Escape SE Hybrid AW, Ford Fusion AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My 22 Hybrid Escape is having a similar issue, randomly going into deep sleep, checked with the dealer, there is a TSB (22-2078 I think) for the issue for the Escape and Corsair hybrids, the TCU needs a firmware update, it is going In next week, will see if that fixes the issue. With mine there is no issue with the 12v battery, but it will randomly power of the accessories after about a minute after stopping and I will get the Ford pass notice.

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My 22 Hybrid Escape is having a similar issue, randomly going into deep sleep, checked with the dealer, there is a TSB (22-2078 I think) for the issue for the Escape and Corsair hybrids, the TCU needs a firmware update, it is going In next week, will see if that fixes the issue. With mine there is no issue with the 12v battery, but it will randomly power of the accessories after about a minute after stopping and I will get the Ford pass notice.
TSB 22-2078 is for Escape, Corsair, and Aviator PHEV (plug-in hybrid) that go into Deep Sleep even when plugged in and charging the HVB. Unless yours is a PHEV, that won't apply.

https://www.tsbsearch.com/Ford/22-2078

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Probably the battery hovering at the low end necessary to prevent it. Mine kept doing it and was hovering around 12.2 Volts after shutting the truck off.

I charged the battery overnight and Reset the BMS and it's not happened since the 16th.
It's still at 12.1-12.2V when off.
If it does it again I'll take it to the dealer and request a new, different, battery.

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...weeks-solution-12v-battery-replacement.23132/

1658327959826.png
Thank you 👍
Charger on 😁

Sponsored

Capermike

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hmm...I might have the TSB number wrong , the one the dealer service rep read applied to both PHEVs and HEVs, as he thought the same thing that it only applied to the PHEVs but found it apply to HEVs as well. We see if it helps any, they are suppose to apply the fix next week.

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hmm...I might have the TSB number wrong , the one the dealer service rep read applied to both PHEVs and HEVs, as he thought the same thing that it only applied to the PHEVs but found it apply to HEVs as well. We see if it helps any, they are suppose to apply the fix next week.
If you're able to find out what TSB # they're referencing, please share. I'm not seeing one for non-plugin Escape Hybrid.

Capermike

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Following up after my service appointment, I wish I had better information for everyone, when the dealer went to find the TSB information they had last week, they couldn't find it for 22 Escape Hybrid. Either he missed read the one for PHEV, or it's disappeared from their system, but he did read it of to me last week and it did say HEV and PHEV. Anyways, after some diagnostics, they have determine the 12V battery is defective and are going to replace it in a few days when it comes in, had to be ordered. I'm not convinced this is the issue, the battery seems fine, and the low power mode requires the battery voltage to drop below 9.5V, or the vehicle to be inactive for 14days.
according to the literature, if the battery was dropping to that level within minutes of shutting the vehicle off, it wouldn't start it back up.

On another note, my EB Maverick started doing the same thing yesterday, every time it was shut off within 30sec would go to low power mode. Testing with my meter the Battery was reading 12.3 V when this would happen.

• Sad
Reactions: Aza

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Mustang Fastback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
the low power mode requires the battery voltage to drop below 9.5V, or the vehicle to be inactive for 14days.
according to the literature, if the battery was dropping to that level within minutes of shutting the vehicle off, it wouldn't start it back up.
What literature is that?

My hybrid does similar to your ecoboost. Dropping down to 12.2v after shutting it off. I was getting the deep sleep off and on, sometimes five or six days in a row.

Still no Deep Sleep on mine after Resetting the BMS 16 days ago!

Sponsored

Larry Klassy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mine just started doing sleep mode today. It has ten thousand miles on it.

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

stretch119

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We have had the Deep Sleep problems others have seen for some time now. It would send me the notice on the Ford Pass app within 1-2 minutes each time we turned the truck off, and of course I was having to use my battery charger often to get it started. The first time we took it in to the local dealer they said they found a bad cell in the battery and replaced it, but nothing changed. This time we left it with them for almost three weeks while we were out of town. They were talking to Ford engineers regularly since they kept me updated by texts. When we went to pick it up today they said they were told to replace the battery under the back seat once again, so I was expecting the same old, same old issues. Lo and behold when we opened the truck door the interior lights came on (they were never coming on in the past) and it started up fine. Drove it to a couple of stores that we shut the truck off at, and never received a Deep Sleep mode message. And I noticed when it was parked in the garage that the truck was not making all the weird noises it was previously when it was turned off, like it was constantly communicating with something.

Bottom line - if this fixed the problems permanently for us, and you are running into the same issues as we did after the dealer replaced your underseat battery, I suspect that they/Ford had a bad batch of batteries that they went through, and we now have a "good" one. Best wishes to all our fellow Maverick owners, and a very Merry Christmas!
Is your deep sleep issue still gone for good? I just started having this issue on my ‘23 Hybrid with only 2600 miles. Mine completely drains the battery to the point where it won’t start.

ychuck46

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 Supercrew w/EcoBoost engine, Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is your deep sleep issue still gone for good? I just started having this issue on my ‘23 Hybrid with only 2600 miles. Mine completely drains the battery to the point where it won’t start.
So far, so good. It has been something like 6 months or more now with no issues. In fact, during the winter it was not driven for more than a month when we were traveling, but upon arriving home it started right up. Hope you can get your issues fixed as well because when they are, the truck is an amazing vehicle.

OP
OP
Kevsong

Kevsong

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Kia Niro Touring
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Well, after months of deep sleep mode alerts, having to jump start twice, taking it into the dealer twice and then telling me nothing is wrong, I thought it was because I only used my truck for commuting. I thought that perhaps I didn’t give it enough charge time and that was the issue.

Well, I can report after an 8 hour drive without daylight running lights or anything else electrical perhaps pulling from the battery that I received “FordPass(TM) Connect has entered Deep Sleep mode to conserve battery energy.” alert a few minutes after I parked.

If anyone has figured this out or come up with a fix, please let me know.

I love my truck but what in the actual fuck is going on 🤷🏻‍♂️

An update:

I was told that my headlights were coming on intermittently when my truck was off, which was the cause of the battery issues that resulted in deep sleep mode.

They also replaced the battery, but gave me no indication of what part needed replacement to fix the headlight issue.

It's been about 8 weeks and I haven't had any issues.
Sponsored