Krrr

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Would a Trac-Fone or Mint Mobile or ... "X" ... work as a dedicated Car Phone (leave in car)? I am very late on vehicle technology as my 2008 Sports Trac was great, then and gets bye now. If there is a thread, please send me. Can't wait for my July 9th Hybrid to be scheduled. Thank you. Be well.
Sponsored

bschurman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat, 1961 VW bug
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Would a Trac-Fone or Mint Mobile or ... "X" ... work as a dedicated Car Phone (leave in car)? I am very late on vehicle technology as my 2008 Sports Trac was great, then and gets bye now. If there is a thread, please send me. Can't wait for my July 9th Hybrid to be scheduled. Thank you. Be well.
Do you mean to connect via bluetooth? If the phone has bluetooth, and I can't imagine a phone today that didn't have it, then it should pair just fine.

Arukoru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
It depends why you want a dedicated cell phone. The car has Carplay and android auto meaning pretty much every smartphone will connect to it (with a wire) and grant the dash screen navigation and music.

If you want that then yes this would work, check out ting as I know they have some usage based plans.

If you didn't know though, the car has a built-in modem that can be activated to give you wifi in the car.

OP
OP

Krrr

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thank you

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was actually thinking about using an old cell phone to leave permanently mounted and connected to the car and use my new phone's hotspot to connect that to the internet. That way if my family wants to use the vehicle all they have to do is hook up their hot spot and everything will be pre configured. Gonna have to play with it.

Sponsored

pnorwood54

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ALTO BLUE XTL AWD-4K-FX4-360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
only concern would be extreme hot&cold

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, VB, 2.0 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Do you mean to connect via bluetooth? If the phone has bluetooth, and I can't imagine a phone today that didn't have it, then it should pair just fine.
My ATT/Cingular Flip Phone pairs very quickly when I get in the truck. No voice operation on the Flip Phone but it syncs contacts, searches contacts, calls, etc. Good quality connection with the phone, but ATT in the country sucks.

Ikassem75

First Name
Ihab
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus SE
I’ve had a dedicated “car phone” in my focus for the past 2 years. Old IPhone XR. $15/mo for unlimited from T-Mobile. Best thing I ever did. I can use CarPlay and not worry about overcharging my main phone.

Darksider

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two
I use cheap phones/tablets for my cars. Got lg g5 for the BMW. This is mainly for dataloging, coding, tuning and diagnostic tool not hooked to a network and uses a wifi OBD connections for the communication..

I use a android tablet k10 for the excursion, this Bluetooth to the car radio and i use for music and navigation.. Offline with no network

I plan another offline lg g5 for the maverick for bluetooth music and offline maps, also no network.

Arukoru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
only concern would be extreme hot&cold
yes, i remember once I went to six flags and left my phone in the car. I came back and the phone had croaked. Heat caused the battery to expand.

Benson

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Benson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’ve had a dedicated “car phone” in my focus for the past 2 years. Old IPhone XR. $15/mo for unlimited from T-Mobile. Best thing I ever did. I can use CarPlay and not worry about overcharging my main phone.
Buy a wireless adapter so you don’t have to plug in cell phone.
Sponsored