Sponsored

Decision to make: Line-X or factory SIBL with tie-downs? Same cost.

Maverick Life

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Back in September when we thought spray-in liners would hold up production, my dealer offered to have a local installer put line-x in and charge me factory cost. I'm aware $500 for installed line-x is a deal so that's what we decided. I have email correspondence confirming the decision with the price clearly indicated.

Generally speaking, I'd prefer to keep the line-x due to the much longer lifetime warranty (vs. Ford's 3 year) and anecdotal evidence that the install might be a higher quality than what comes from the factory. Of course, I don't know how much truth there is to that really.

On the other hand... those (now free) locking rails look nice and more importantly, having the cost integrated on the build sheet could protect me from any suspicious changes to the bed liner cost at delivery. I really don't think I'll have to worry about this with my dealer but there's something to be said for being cautious given the stories I've heard.

What would you do? Keep the line-x at factory cost or swap in the Ford liner and rails? If you have either one installed - are you happy? experiencing any issues yet?

Thanks.
Sponsored

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Either way ought to be fine IMO. Zero issues with my factory SIBL and the rails that came on mine really nice and handy

SkeeterB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Lux, 4K, FX4, 360, Velocity Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ditched the rails and went with "D" rings in the mounting holes. More tie downs instead of one that was moveable.

Hillbilly

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Back in September when we thought spray-in liners would hold up production, my dealer offered to have a local installer put line-x in and charge me factory cost. I'm aware $500 for installed line-x is a deal so that's what we decided. I have email correspondence confirming the decision with the price clearly indicated.

Generally speaking, I'd prefer to keep the line-x due to the much longer lifetime warranty (vs. Ford's 3 year) and anecdotal evidence that the install might be a higher quality than what comes from the factory. Of course, I don't know how much truth there is to that really.

On the other hand... those (now free) locking rails look nice and more importantly, having the cost integrated on the build sheet could protect me from any suspicious changes to the bed liner cost at delivery. I really don't think I'll have to worry about this with my dealer but there's something to be said for being cautious given the stories I've heard.

What would you do? Keep the line-x at factory cost or swap in the Ford liner and rails? If you have either one installed - are you happy? experiencing any issues yet?

Thanks.
Local LineX was great!

OP
OP
Maverick Life

Maverick Life

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

If I knew which of these would get the truck here faster that would settle it. Without a crystal ball, though, it sounds like there are no bad options here. Appreciate the feedback @OleFordGuy, @SkeeterB, & @Hillbilly.

Sponsored

Sirjohn

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'78 Slab
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've read about the factory option not covering some of the areas to include the portion of painted metal where stuff falls between the tailgate and bed when the tailgate is open. This is from the a SIL thread in the Florida sub. I've also seen videos of adhesion issues with the factory option but maybe those were fixed

6-7 hundred is pretty normal, mine came with the spray bed and I wish it didn’t after I saw it. Line X takes the tailgate off and sprays in between the bed and tailgate where all the shit falls and scratches everywhere, Ford didn’t so this spring I’m gonna have to fix it myself . Will post pics of my fix this spring.

B2000

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B2000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I've been thinking about putting it back on from the factory but since I am supposed to be "scheduled" for March I think I will skip it. I don't want to screw up things now.

The D rings is what I think you get free and they are only a couple hundred. If your local dealer is good they probably do a better job since they have to stand behind the job. I plan to go to a couple and look at some of their jobs. That might also cost a little more but at this point it's not significant. There will be some color options also although I will probably stick with black to go with my carbonized gray.

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It's a catch-22. adding a constraint make you less likely to be picked. But given that Ford advertised the change, will they give those preferential treatment simply to keep that part of the factory busy? Who knows?

Personally, I am going Line-X.

OP
OP
Maverick Life

Maverick Life

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I've read about the factory option not covering some of the areas to include the portion of painted metal where stuff falls between the tailgate and bed when the tailgate is open. This is from the a SIL thread in the Florida sub. I've also seen videos of adhesion issues with the factory option but maybe those were fixed
Oh wow I hadn't noticed that and it's really good to know. Not sure if our local shop will get that area but worth checking on. Thanks!
Sponsored