First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
prius, Hybrid XLT, Honda 1100Rebel, 2) Hawk 650NT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
so I got a Vin from dealer after locking my order for the 1.9% finance expiring on 10/4 .

question if anyone knows, are my assumptions correct below where I commented and can anyone help with the missing values I don't know. Thanks

Starting at the left side it reads
3FT made in Mexico
T restraint system in truck
W8E Front wheel drive (Hybrid I assume)
33 ?? this I need help with....???
N year 2022
R Hermosillo plant
A groups of builds A..B..C... etc
19131 Build number within the A group
Sponsored

Jasperw229

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 22, Lariat fx4, 4k tow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Those are interesting guesses.
I always thought that more information was contained about the vehicle build and not about the place it was built. Also, why would they include the restraint system?

OP
OP

BILLNOROVILLE

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Those are interesting guesses.
I always thought that more information was contained about the vehicle build and not about the place it was built. Also, why would they include the restraint system?
The Vin codes have many possibilities between letters and number usage.

The place where made is important (ford has more than 1 plant in Mexico). Also I bet they probably can tell who touched the vehicle when it was assembled and if any problems show up repeatedly they have a problem at that station. I'm sure there are many ways to monitor quality control as it is happening and not just at the end when it is too late. I have some quality control experience in a manufacturing plant. You need to know as a manager what's going on with quality continually and people doing the work. One person does not usually build a assembly but their contribution is critical for all to succeed.

I got some of the information here on this nice forum on a vin posting. Hope they were accurate so mine is too.

Restraints are federal requirements is my guess so if vehicle is in a wreck the NTSB or whatever it's called could look at the vin tag and identify what the occupants had available to restrain them. Just a guess.

OP
OP

BILLNOROVILLE

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m just glad I have NRA on my vin# lol
Me noticed it too.... Now if I get pulled over and they look at my registration and see the vin number I will be asked if I have any guns in the car. Well thank you officer, In fact I ........fill in..............

lol:cool:

Sponsored

sdr.speng

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Check out your Vehicle Owners Manual pp. 368 - it gives you all the details that make up your vin number.

OP
OP

BILLNOROVILLE

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Check out your Vehicle Owners Manual pp. 368 - it gives you all the details that make up your vin number.
Thanks,
But I don't have a Maverick truck or an manual so that becomes hard to do. Do you have one? Is there an on-line copy of one? I only need to know what 33 means after W8E.

mav_can

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3, 2018 Mustang EB Premium
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks,
But I don't have a Maverick truck or an manual so that becomes hard to do. Do you have one? Is there an on-line copy of one? I only need to know what 33 means after W8E.
Here you go:

Ford Maverick Deciphering my Vin Code Ford Maverick VIN Decoder.JPG

Sponsored

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You can enter your VIN and model year here:

https://vpic.nhtsa.dot.gov/decoder

I entered my VIN that I got from the Ford "Scheduled for Production" email and this is what it shows:

Ford Maverick Deciphering my Vin Code My Maverick VIN Decoded.JPG

Last edited:

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
so I got a Vin from dealer after locking my order for the 1.9% finance expiring on 10/4 .
Off topic, but I'm trying to understand something about the financing. I'd like to get the current "0% for 36 months" deal if there's any way I can do that, but my truck hasn't even been scheduled yet and I have no VIN.

What does it mean that you got a VIN "after locking your order"? Mostly I've seen people say they got a VIN after they were notified of a build date. Is there something you can do with your order that gets you a VIN before that?

What did you have to do to "lock your order" to secure the financing deal? My dealer said that I could get whatever financing deal was available when the truck came in, but didn't tell me anything about a way to lock the financing rate in before that.

I'd appreciate any info you can give me.

OP
OP

BILLNOROVILLE

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Off topic, but I'm trying to understand something about the financing. I'd like to get the current "0% for 36 months" deal if there's any way I can do that, but my truck hasn't even been scheduled yet and I have no VIN.

What does it mean that you got a VIN "after locking your order"? Mostly I've seen people say they got a VIN after they were notified of a build date. Is there something you can do with your order that gets you a VIN before that?

What did you have to do to "lock your order" to secure the financing deal? My dealer said that I could get whatever financing deal was available when the truck came in, but didn't tell me anything about a way to lock the financing rate in before that.

I'd appreciate any info you can give me.

Originally my dealer said the same thing, whatever they had going. Well if they have better than 1.9% I screwed myself I guess. But I'm only going to finance 25-30% of the cost anyway. I have a 2016 Volt with 39k miles to trade or sell before paying the dealer.

I really don't know how all this ordering a truck works but here is my story.

I saw on FORD site that 1.9 financing was offered through 10/04/21. I walked into dealer and talked to the salesman (I call him my rep now).

He was not sure but talked to the finance manager who was doing a zoom meeting with ford. I told my rep, If I can lock it in at 1.9% what do I do, throw 10k at you or what, laughingly. He said he would let me know what the finance tells him.

The next day he called and said they locked in the 1.9% financing which also locked the order. Ok, I'm good with what I ordered. He also said he didn't need anything else (I had given him 500 deposit). I do have to qualify for the 1.9% rate but last I heard my score was about 830 so that sure in hell should qualify.

Earlier I remembered I had asked how is allocations looked and he said they had a few left. My rep then said it is locked and scheduled with a vin number which he emailed to me. I don't have an order number and my rep appears to want to help me with any questions as I said that I could look up things on line. He said drop or call he would help all he could with my questions.

So far, I think He is being honest and I am trusting him. Actually before I gave them the 500 they were marking the Mavericks up about 2K. I told him nope, MSRP only. He said he would check as he thought that was going away. He said MSRP is good for the deal. I gave him the 500.

Now all this is just talk as I have nothing in writing except a cancelled check and an email from him that has a screen print showing "Step 6: Locked Deal: under that it has vin and other dealer codes and "Selected Programs" under which is my locked in 1.9% financing listed.

I entered the Vin into my Ford.com Account and it comes up valid as a truck for me but still says I don't have any orders etc.

that's it.

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I really don't know how all this ordering a truck works but here is my story.
Thanks. Your story is pretty helpful. It gives me enough info to go visit my "rep" tomorrow and have a talk with him, anyway.

My situation is similar to yours. I was considering paying all or most of the price at sale, but now I'm thinking that if I can get the 0% for 36 months there's no real benefit to paying up front. I'll check with my insurance company to see if it makes any difference to them (in terms of premium), but if not I'll just keep most of my money in my pocket and pay it out over 36 months.

That will give me a chance to lose money on investments in the meantime...:cautious:

[Edit] I've been at priority code 02 for about a month, so my understanding is my order is locked (meaning I can't change it) anyway.

OP
OP

BILLNOROVILLE

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks. Your story is pretty helpful. It gives me enough info to go visit my "rep" tomorrow and have a talk with him, anyway.

My situation is similar to yours. I was considering paying all or most of the price at sale, but now I'm thinking that if I can get the 0% for 36 months there's no real benefit to paying up front. I'll check with my insurance company to see if it makes any difference to them (in terms of premium), but if not I'll just keep most of my money in my pocket and pay it out over 36 months.

That will give me a chance to lose money on investments in the meantime...:cautious:

[Edit] I've been at priority code 02 for about a month, so my understanding is my order is locked (meaning I can't change it) anyway.
0% I don't believe was an option but maybe it was. I'm ok with 1.9%. Honda gave me 1.9% on a new 12k Honda Rebel 1100 4 months ago and so far I have paid less than 8.00 interest. I will be paid off soon.

I only ordered white XLT with only option being the 100.00 hitch. Pretty simple truck
Sponsored