Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yaris
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

So the initial dealer I was working with basically said the same thing, that all the hybrid orders now were only supposed to be for 2022 rollovers. That any dealer accepting new ones now was wrong, I called another dealer that luckily was not that much further and they said they were wrong and we can take your order now.

The original dealer said they have one person in charge of placing orders and they were not able to pick hybrid in the system and were going to try again over the weekend or possibly Monday.

Suffice it to say, I switched to the other dealer that literally took 10 minutes to take my order and driver's license and had me sign the build sheet. Got the confirmation email before I left the lot.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Amarant59

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
UPDATE: I used a different dealer and they took my order for a Hybrid over the phone no problem. I’m a little wary because they didn’t get a deposit, I didn’t sign anything and I haven’t received an email yet. I will give it until Monday to see if I get anything.

SLINGSHOT

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RAV4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Agree with the others. First dealer I went to, 18 miles away, on Thursday wanted $500 deposit. I walked. Went to one 36 miles away yesterday and ordered a hybrid Lariat.
To quote an old adage, "There's more than one fish in the sea."

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
UPDATE: I used a different dealer and they took my order for a Hybrid over the phone no problem. I’m a little wary because they didn’t get a deposit, I didn’t sign anything and I haven’t received an email yet. I will give it until Monday to see if I get anything.
Why wary? Not all dealers require a deposit, and a deposit doesn't prevent them from playing games or selling it to someone else.

Do make sure you get your documentation confirming the order was placed and agree in writing with the price you intend to pay. If you want to pay MSRP, get the dealer to indicate in writing they'll sell you that order at MSRP. It's the documentation that matters.

Sponsored

Debbiebugsy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Debbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Try another dealer. I don;'t thank that is true.

However my Maverick hybrid is a 2022 order that is rolled over to a 2023. I already have confirmation from Ford.
Yes try a different dealer. I went in last night and order my hybrid with no problems.

Nugget

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Agree with the others. First dealer I went to, 18 miles away, on Thursday wanted $500 deposit. I walked. Went to one 36 miles away yesterday and ordered a hybrid Lariat.
To quote an old adage, "There's more than one fish in the sea."
I’d feel much more comfortable placing a deposit. If it drives others away, I’d get my vehicle faster. It also seems like more of a commitment in case someone was tempted to sell my truck to someone else.
Sponsored