Sponsored

Dealership that doesn’t listen to the customer.

Randy H.

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick & Civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My original salesman retired, my #2 salesman now on baby leave, now on the 3rd salesman. Each salesman was clearly explained my wishes and expectations, I.e, no front license plate bracket drilled into the front bumper, no window VIN etching (unless it’s free..not), no dealer stickers.
truck arrived last Thursday, explained my requests again and watched him write it all down. Take the wife to see it today and my truck has all the things I specifically did not want (above). Told, oh the shop must not have looked at the job order notes *highlighted on the papers*. This may seem trivial stuff, but if they did not listen or follow my request's this may be the first sign of bad things to come when I finish the paperwork for pickup next Monday.. uggg..
Sponsored

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My original salesman retired, my #2 salesman now on baby leave, now on the 3rd salesman. Each salesman was clearly explained my wishes and expectations, I.e, no front license plate bracket drilled into the front bumper, no window VIN etching (unless it’s free..not), no dealer stickers.
truck arrived last Thursday, explained my requests again and watched him write it all down. Take the wife to see it today and my truck has all the things I specifically did not want (above). Told, oh the shop must not have looked at the job order notes *highlighted on the papers*. This may seem trivial stuff, but if they did not listen or follow my request's this may be the first sign of bad things to come when I finish the paperwork for pickup next Monday.. uggg..
This seems to be normal behavior these days.

jbpoole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Engine
Undecided
Sadly, it's my understanding that the dealership owns the truck until you pay for it and they hand you the keys. I agree, this is not trivial stuff. I would be highly upset. Unless you have a document signed by yourself and a manager or the owner, it's probably a moot point. I suspect that customer satisfaction is not a priority at that dealership.

What's the remedy? The holes in the front bumper are permanent. The widow etching is pretty much permanent (replace the windows?). The decal MAY peel off without a trace. It could take a year to order and receive a replacement truck if you decline to purchase that one. You didn't describe your deal, but they might be happy for you to back out. Then they can inflate the sales price for the next guy.

Call them out.
Name the dealer.
Blast them on social media.

I hope this is settled to your satisfaction.

atomguy245

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Bolt EUV, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So salesman #3 was either not working the day your Maverick came in, and it went through the normal pre delivery process, or he just didn't care enough to follow up if he was there. The average salesman doesn't typically get involved in the pre delivery work the shop does to the new cars when they come in, so absent him running out there and making sure your wishes got honored, it wasn't going to happen. A small secret of the car business is that the sales department and service department are 2 totally different parts of the business, and they interact, but are run separately.
Sponsored