Dealership marking up Maverick when delivered? šŸ§

Paul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
what is the difference between price gouging at the pump or dealership? It is time for ford to take action against some of the dealers.
Sponsored

Egz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid Lariat, 1967 Fairlady
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
what is the difference between price gouging at the pump or dealership? It is time for ford to take action against some of the dealers.
Well I didn't have an agreed upon price with the gas station on the price per gallon 6 months from then. Off of the lot, fair game. But an order at a discussed price should be held to that price.

toonces

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Mazda Miata, 2014 Chevrolet Impala LT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You have nothing to lose by asking them point blank about it right now. Why wait until you are in the dealership with the truck there and you being eager? That is what they would want. Remember, this is what they do every day and what you do every decade.
I took your advice and went in my dealership and they assured me I would get it for MSRP. What a load off my mind! Thank you!

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I took your advice and went in my dealership and they assured me I would get it for MSRP. What a load off my mind! Thank you!
Not trying to be a downer here, but... Did you get anything in writing?

If you just talked to someone, was it the salesman, the sales manager, or the general manager?

It's probably going to be ok, but given some of the stuff we've read here I'd be extra careful.

toonces

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Mazda Miata, 2014 Chevrolet Impala LT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not trying to be a downer here, but... Did you get anything in writing?

If you just talked to someone, was it the salesman, the sales manager, or the general manager?

It's probably going to be ok, but given some of the stuff we've read here I'd be extra careful.
I spoke with the salesperson and sales manager. It is a small town dealership that has been around forever. In this case asking them to put it in writing would have felt like a dick move, but I get your point. I feel confident and thatā€™s all that really matters. If they go back on it Iā€™ll post it and complain loudly, but I donā€™t expect that to happen.

Sponsored

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I spoke with the salesperson and sales manager. It is a small town dealership that has been around forever. In this case asking them to put it in writing would have felt like a dick move, but I get your point. I feel confident and thatā€™s all that really matters. If they go back on it Iā€™ll post it and complain loudly, but I donā€™t expect that to happen.
It's good that you spoke with the sales manager as well as the salesperson.

It'll probably work out fine. Best of luck...

Mavforever

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I truly hope they stick to their word, my dealer did but that didnā€™t stop me from worrying for four plus months until I actually drove off the lot with the truck .

fury88

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT V8, 2022 Maverick Lariat owner
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My dealer had me sign a build sheet with my license. Even when I made a large change recently he had me sign it again. Thatā€™s a legal document now saying what I see is what I will get.

Make sure you sign build sheets or something!

-MF

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My dealer had me sign a build sheet with my license. Even when I made a large change recently he had me sign it again. Thatā€™s a legal document now saying what I see is what I will get.

-MF
No the "build sheet" is not a legal document.

It doesn't matter if you signed it and had a copy of your DL done. That was only done to verify your order to Ford was for a retail (customer) order.

The "build sheet" or DORA as it is called is also not enough to protect yourself from dealer ADM and any other "dealer added packages" with outrageous costs. They can and others here have learned the hard way that the dealer can show MSRP price on the final order sheet along with ADM and dealer-add fees.

Only a "Buyer's Order" with all costs listed with the "Out The Door" total costs signed and dated by yourself and the General/Sales Manager will protect you.

Xbbqpitmaster

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Kia Seltos S
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think Ford is well out if it by the time it is on the lot. I know some dealerships have reportedly been blaming Ford for it. I don't buy that.
I found a dealer website that showed several Mavericks ā€œin stockā€, one of which was what I wanted to order. So I called and was told none of them are in stock and when I questioned why it showed in stock, I was told that Ford does their listingsā€¦

Sponsored

JanTheSexyVektan

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I found a dealer website that showed several Mavericks ā€œin stockā€, one of which was what I wanted to order. So I called and was told none of them are in stock and when I questioned why it showed in stock, I was told that Ford does their listingsā€¦
As far as I know from others here, that is true. Vehicles, even ordered vehicles, go into the listings via an automated system regardless of their sales status.

Alto_Mav

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Odyssey
Many of those that show "in stock" could potentially be in transit. I believe that's the majority I see online as they all have stock photos. Very few have actual photos of the truck on their lot.

Xbbqpitmaster

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Kia Seltos S
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Many of those that show "in stock" could potentially be in transit. I believe that's the majority I see online as they all have stock photos. Very few have actual photos of the truck on their lot.
I have seen other dealer posts that do show ā€œin transitā€ or ā€œspecial orderā€.

Xbbqpitmaster

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Kia Seltos S
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As far as I know from others here, that is true. Vehicles, even ordered vehicles, go into the listings via an automated system regardless of their sales status.
Which is weird as I have seen other dealer listings show ā€œin transitā€ or ā€œspecial orderā€ā€¦.

fury88

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT V8, 2022 Maverick Lariat owner
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No the "build sheet" is not a legal document.

It doesn't matter if you signed it and had a copy of your DL done. That was only done to verify your order to Ford was for a retail (customer) order.

The "build sheet" or DORA as it is called is also not enough to protect yourself from dealer ADM and any other "dealer added packages" with outrageous costs. They can and others here have learned the hard way that the dealer can show MSRP price on the final order sheet along with ADM and dealer-add fees.

Only a "Buyer's Order" with all costs listed with the "Out The Door" total costs signed and dated by yourself and the General/Sales Manager will protect you.
I disagree. Anything signed is binding. But thatā€™s what I was referring to. In fact, that new email that just came out about price increases says it is.
Sponsored