Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Good Morning,

I just joined the Maverick Truck Club and this is my first post. Thank you for welcoming me to your community.

I am considering buying a new 2024* Maverick hybrid, most likely an XL because that would meet my needs at the lowest MSRP. However, I would consider an XLT if for example, I cannot find an XL without a markup over MSRP and can find an XLT without a markup that ends up costing less. *I would also consider a 2023 if one were available but that seems highly unlikely.

The Ford and local dealer websites list MSRP, only for me to find out there is at least some markup when I contact dealers.

I am trying to identify a better way to determine the lowest price I can get to, albeit amid limited available inventory, at accessible dealers. If anyone has a list, anecdotal knowledge, etc. of dealers in/within driving distance of my area who are not charging a markup on the XL and/or XLT, I would highly appreciate you sharing. I am in California. I currently split my time between Pasadena (Los Angeles County) and Mission Viejo (Orange County).

Thanks again.

Todd
Sponsored

Jahman

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Star
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you're trying to get dealer stock good luck for MSRP.

If you willing to wait then order when the next order window opens. I think that will be next year.

To get a maverick this year, it looks like you are going to have to call and try to play off dealer's end of month crunch.

Good luck.

prsncat

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT EB AWD BAP CP360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Good Morning,

I just joined the Maverick Truck Club and this is my first post. Thank you for welcoming me to your community.

I am considering buying a new 2024* Maverick hybrid, most likely an XL because that would meet my needs at the lowest MSRP. However, I would consider an XLT if for example, I cannot find an XL without a markup over MSRP and can find an XLT without a markup that ends up costing less. *I would also consider a 2023 if one were available but that seems highly unlikely.

The Ford and local dealer websites list MSRP, only for me to find out there is at least some markup when I contact dealers.

I am trying to identify a better way to determine the lowest price I can get to, albeit amid limited available inventory, at accessible dealers. If anyone has a list, anecdotal knowledge, etc. of dealers in/within driving distance of my area who are not charging a markup on the XL and/or XLT, I would highly appreciate you sharing. I am in California. I currently split my time between Pasadena (Los Angeles County) and Mission Viejo (Orange County).

Thanks again.

Todd
Hello Todd,
My name is Brian, and I live in central OC. I have been through the ordering process with 3 Mavericks (and others as well). In general, here is what you are going to encounter:
  • Stock (on the lot) Hybrid Mavericks will have an Added Dealer Mark-up (ADM). The demand for the Hybrid still exceeds supply -- especially for the XL Hybrid. Some dealers still have ADMs on the Ecoboost Maverick, although I expect this to disappear slowly.
  • Most dealers in southern California require Dealer Add-Ons (DAOs) on Retail Orders in addition to the Stock units. For example, Autonation Ford of Tustin has $1.4K in required DAOs on every new Stock vehicle. This $1.4K was also required on Retail orders the last time I verified their policy.
  • If you want to pay MSRP for a Hybrid Maverick, your best bet is to go out of state. Long McArthur in Salina, KS, currently had more than 50 Hybrid Mavericks on the lot priced at MSRP. Most of them have an MSRP of $29,410 and are "base" XLT models (initially intended for their loaner program). We purchased my son's 2023 XLT Hybrid from them last November and had a great experience. Reach out to Tim Bartz (@fordvideoguy). My son and I flew in and drove it back. Direct message me for advice on how this process worked (because we live in CA).
  • If you want to order one, I recommend asking the dealership how many allocations they are receiving and how many Mavericks they already have on order. We placed an order with Galpin Ford in North Hills for a Hot Pepper Red (HPR) 2024 XL Hybrid with Co-pilot 360 (CP360), Tow Hitch, and Spray-in Bed Liner (SIBL) when the order banks opened (July 2023). This is the first time I have ordered with Galpin. I placed our order there because 1) They don't charge for DAOs or an ADM on Retail orders, and 2) They should have sufficient allocations. Our XL Hybrid has now been scheduled for the week of April 22.
If you still want to place an order and are willing to wait for an XL Hybrid, the factory is starting to get caught up. You might get one delivered in the summer if you order now and the dealership has allocations that allow them to fulfill your order.

Lastly, you will find a list of dealership recommendations and warnings here (URL under the word 'here'). This should give you a good starting point in finding a reputable dealer to help you place an order.

Feel free to send me a direct message to ask any questions. Happy to help in any way I can. Plus, there is a lot of great advice in the ordering section of the forums.

Oscarcat

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Lariat, Lexus NX 300 Chrysler PT Cruiser 5 spd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hello Todd,
My name is Brian, and I live in central OC. I have been through the ordering process with 3 Mavericks (and others as well). In general, here is what you are going to encounter:
  • Stock (on the lot) Hybrid Mavericks will have an Added Dealer Mark-up (ADM). The demand for the Hybrid still exceeds supply -- especially for the XL Hybrid. Some dealers still have ADMs on the Ecoboost Maverick, although I expect this to disappear slowly.
  • Most dealers in southern California require Dealer Add-Ons (DAOs) on Retail Orders in addition to the Stock units. For example, Autonation Ford of Tustin has $1.4K in required DAOs on every new Stock vehicle. This $1.4K was also required on Retail orders the last time I verified their policy.
  • If you want to pay MSRP for a Hybrid Maverick, your best bet is to go out of state. Long McArthur in Salina, KS, currently had more than 50 Hybrid Mavericks on the lot priced at MSRP. Most of them have an MSRP of $29,410 and are "base" XLT models (initially intended for their loaner program). We purchased my son's 2023 XLT Hybrid from them last November and had a great experience. Reach out to Tim Bartz (@fordvideoguy). My son and I flew in and drove it back. Direct message me for advice on how this process worked (because we live in CA).
  • If you want to order one, I recommend asking the dealership how many allocations they are receiving and how many Mavericks they already have on order. We placed an order with Galpin Ford in North Hills for a Hot Pepper Red (HPR) 2024 XL Hybrid with Co-pilot 360 (CP360), Tow Hitch, and Spray-in Bed Liner (SIBL) when the order banks opened (July 2023). This is the first time I have ordered with Galpin. I placed our order there because 1) They don't charge for DAOs or an ADM on Retail orders, and 2) They should have sufficient allocations. Our XL Hybrid has now been scheduled for the week of April 22.
If you still want to place an order and are willing to wait for an XL Hybrid, the factory is starting to get caught up. You might get one delivered in the summer if you order now and the dealership has allocations that allow them to fulfill your order.

Lastly, you will find a list of dealership recommendations and warnings here (URL under the word 'here'). This should give you a good starting point in finding a reputable dealer to help you place an order.

Feel free to send me a direct message to ask any questions. Happy to help in any way I can. Plus, there is a lot of great advice in the ordering section of the forums.
What PRSNCAT wrote is spot on. I have gone out of state a couple of times to purchase a vehicle. If you shop locally, do it online. No need to deal with the psychodrama of sales people in person.

In 2022 while I awaited my ordered Mav, I purchased a Mav that matched 85% of my order at Fritts Ford in Riverside CA. Yes, in 2022 there was ADM in the form of junk accessories but worth the try from the comfort of your computer screen to shop. Always ask up front to have fees and charges listed and itemized before you waste time or get excited.

Also, in 2016 when I purchased a GMC Canyon out of state, the CA DMV required me to get a weight certificate to register it. So be aware if you purchase out of state... As stated, Tim Bartz at Long Arthur has quite a few and it would be a fun trip if you have the time.

Mav truck lover

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dave Rohrbacker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hi there, I just rented a car for $107 and drove to Galpin Ford on Sunday in Prescott Arizona and picked up my new 2024 Maverick Eco. They have others in stock and no additional markups. It was easy.

• Love
Reactions: Dad

Sponsored

prsncat

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT EB AWD BAP CP360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Hi there, I just rented a car for $107 and drove to Galpin Ford on Sunday in Prescott Arizona and picked up my new 2024 Maverick Eco. They have others in stock and no additional markups. It was easy.
Were they able to do the CA DMV paperwork there? Or will you need to handle this yourself?

If you need to do it, here are some suggestions/hints:
  • Make sure they supply you with a front license bracket (even if you don't put it on).
  • They will supply you with a document sent by Ford to the dealership. This is the "title" from Ford to the dealership. They are, in essence, signing this over to you.
  • Ensure the CA DMV forms they fill out specify the truck's price without any warranties, admin/dealer fees, etc., but with any accessories or dealer-installed options. You need an accurate purchase price for the truck to determine the registration and taxes you must pay.
  • You will need to obtain a smog certificate. Yes, even on a new vehicle, you must obtain a smog certificate because it came from outside the state.
  • Ensure the temporary tags are good for sixty (60) days since it may take this long to get the paperwork necessary (from Ford and then the dealership) to go to the DMV.

Fmp0926

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
McLeod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Were they able to do the CA DMV paperwork there? Or will you need to handle this yourself?

If you need to do it, here are some suggestions/hints:
  • Make sure they supply you with a front license bracket (even if you don't put it on).
  • They will supply you with a document sent by Ford to the dealership. This is the "title" from Ford to the dealership. They are, in essence, signing this over to you.
  • Ensure the CA DMV forms they fill out specify the truck's price without any warranties, admin/dealer fees, etc., but with any accessories or dealer-installed options. You need an accurate purchase price for the truck to determine the registration and taxes you must pay.
  • You will need to obtain a smog certificate. Yes, even on a new vehicle, you must obtain a smog certificate because it came from outside the state.
  • Ensure the temporary tags are good for sixty (60) days since it may take this long to get the paperwork necessary (from Ford and then the dealership) to go to the DMV.
I purchased my Maverick in Missouri but titled it in North Carolina. I was surprised that Ford/dealer had no difficulty handling the our-of-state paperwork.

CurtisB

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Hello Todd,

Brian, you know how to write!! Bullet points, brackets, paragraph spacing...........it was easy and enjoyable to read!

OP
OP
Todd Berman

Todd Berman

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thank you to everyone who posted. Several of the local dealers I was speaking to on and off had preordered 2024 Maverick XL hybrids on their lot, and were waiting for the customer to confirm if they were canceling or not. Fortunately, one cancelled on one in my preferred color of black (which is rare) and at a dealer with no markup. After some back and forth, they even removed the Add-On charges. Thanks again.
Sponsored