Sponsored

Dealers flip Ford off! Business as usual.

Finnster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy's
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

baldboy

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I believed that Ford's tough new rule (COVP needed for scheduling a build) was going to force dealers to straighten up. looks like the dealers may have won the battle with Ford now having dropped the rule! COVP is no longer needed to schedule builds for production, as most of us have already heard.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/dealers-defy-ford-overcharge-for-cars/ar-AA12a9OJ
yes but ford does how ever encourage the dealers to get C O V P approval from them because as most ford dealers such as mine Long/Lewis Ford Hoover Alabama that has been a Ford Dealer for over a 111 years and the largest in Alabama knows that with it you are (PRICE/PROTECTED) With it and you are not with out it and that also goes with the finance rate locked in at time of order.So wake up also the R O V P is needed to ever get scheuled to be produced,you will get a conformation e mail from ford but with out the R O V P you will not get built you will eventuly be scheuled/balance-out!

OP
OP

Finnster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy's
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So wake up also the R O V P is needed to ever get scheuled to be produced,you will get a conformation e mail from ford but with out the R O V P you will not get built you will eventuly be scheuled/balance-out!
My last 3 bad Maverick deals woke me up two weeks ago!
Any proof of the ROVP = Scheduling of orders? That was the deal with COVP on 22's last year and Ford dropped it!
Can you back up your statement? I'll listen.

Aherpa

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge, Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Maybe Ford should be reigning in some 'bad' dealers but they should also be aware that their customers might not like how Ford is driving small dealers out with exorbitant EV fees.

(See Farley's remarks below.)
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/09/14/for...s-dealers-as-it-chases-tesla-like-profit.html

For small dealerships, those prices are not realistic and the small towns serviced by them will lose an important local business and jobs.

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
from the CNBC link posted
Ford, unlike crosstown rival General Motors, is allowing dealers to opt out of selling EVs and continue to sell the company’s cars.
Driving out small businesses, must have meant GM

Sponsored

Jraoffroad

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F150, 2001 F350 Diesel Dually, 2019 Kia Soul
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The biggest issue with COVP is it don't involve the customer. Theres no reason Ford can't shoot an email or call you after the dealer submits a retail order to verify it and let the customer know the order is correct and verified.

SLINGSHOT

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RAV4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Does the email from Ford mean anything? I thought that meant that you're in the system and will get a truck someday! If they need DNA, I'm on ancestry.com. :)

Jraoffroad

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F150, 2001 F350 Diesel Dually, 2019 Kia Soul
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The email means the dealer placed an order with your email address on it. Not much more. You have to take the dealers word or make them show you covp approval to be sure. Only dealer can see it, Ford customer service can not.

TedTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I can only find one FORD only dealership locally, rest are multi branded so likely not going to have any effect with strong arm tactics. I agree with Ford goals to address the problem but so far dealerships that rip people off will always find ways to do so.

OP
OP

Finnster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy's
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The biggest issue with COVP is it don't involve the customer. Theres no reason Ford can't shoot an email or call you after the dealer submits a retail order to verify it and let the customer know the order is correct and verified.
My guess is that Ford Corp. is perfectly happy to not add to their staff, while the are actively laying folks off. They also probably don't mind having the dealers get all the discredit for customer non-deliveries!

I also think that all those customer "order" emails are computer generated.
What Ford should do is NEVER send an email until the order is complete and awaiting Ford's next step!
The email could read ( Congrats!!! Your order is awaiting step 2 of 65! Have a pleasant day!)
Sponsored

Last edited: