Sponsored

Dealer wouldn't take my order and said hybrids won't be available...

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
totally disagree this forum is any kind of representative sample of hybrid interest/orders in the population at large. We live in a "Maverick bubble" here- where most of us were already interested in the truck before Ford even admitted it was a real product. Almost nobody comes in here and says they hate the product and would never consider it; it's an enthusiast forum and skewed towards people wanting the product with very few seriously shopping it against competitors on merit vs. availability (hybrid).

I also question the % of actual orders for hybrid nationwide. I'm not going to go dig for it, but IIRC 1 of our "below invoice" dealers on here said the vast majority of hybrid orders were coming from California, and overall both coasts from other sources besides here. When the numbers of fulfilled orders starts showing consistent buying patterns I don't forsee massive nationwide preference for the hybrid- but I could be wrong...
Well yes, the most orders are from the 3 most populous states, go figure?
Sponsored

Lone Star Proud

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm beginning to think this a Federal government operation. Nobody has a clue as to what the hell is going on or when it might take place, but we have every confidence it will happen eventually...... we hope.

tonyinsd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT, Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I also question the % of actual orders for hybrid nationwide. I'm not going to go dig for it, but IIRC 1 of our "below invoice" dealers on here said the vast majority of hybrid orders were coming from California, and overall both coasts from other sources besides here. When the numbers of fulfilled orders starts showing consistent buying patterns I don't forsee massive nationwide preference for the hybrid- but I could be wrong...
I think a lot of it has to do with why people are buying the truck. Ford anticipates a significant number of fleet sales. You have to ask yourself whether the people who buy them for fleets are going to pay for the additional horsepower the Ecoboost provides.

I'm a business buyer and it makes absolutely no sense for me to do that. I am replacing a work truck that's 31 years old with this. The base model with the hybrid engine carries the same payload (around 1500 pounds) with more horsepower and torque in a much more efficient way. At 40 mpg, it's three times more efficient than what I'm driving now. At 25 mpg, it's only twice as efficient.

Now, maybe there are fleet buyers who will load up their Maverick because...well, I don't know why. If they need the additional power or towing capabilities, they're probably already looking at the Ranger, Colorado, F150 or Silverado. If the Maverick works for their business, it makes the most sense to get the most basic and fuel efficient version.

Again, I'm one business buyer but I don't think my decision making process is atypical.

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Again, I'm one business buyer but I don't think my decision making process is atypical.
It's interesting to hear your perspective as a business buyer.

It's just an impression, but I get the feeling the demographic skews older on this forum. I'm wondering if that is true for all Maverick purchasers, and if there is a difference in hybrid vs EcoBoost by age.

I think there may be a lot of older people like me who don't really care much about power and speed, but just want to be able to take a comfortable trip in hilly country without bogging down or buying a lot of gas. But I have no way of knowing.

Hanto

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Forte GT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ed at Chapman just said 4-6 months for a hybrid ordered like 2 days ago.. Again, unclear. Obviously not needing a car this instant is the only real way to do this. For me, it was hybrid or something else altogether. I will not buy an Ecoboost. Nothing against them, but not what I'm looking for.
Interesting coincidence that we have the same current vehicles (MT as well!) and are buying into nearly identical builds! I too would not be buying this truck if not for the hybrid factor.

Sponsored

Clay51

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The following post has an image of Ford's production number announcement for September.
https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...nth-launch-sept-2021-7-323-produced-ytd.2807/

It looks like Hermosillo produced 7,323 Mavericks by the end of September, with 5,660 of those being produced in September itself.

I haven't seen anything post-September.
Thank you for the link. This is encouraging. I was skeptical when my dealer told me it would take 3 - 4 months for my order.

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm beginning to think this a Federal government operation. Nobody has a clue as to what the hell is going on or when it might take place, but we have every confidence it will happen eventually...... we hope.
Oh someone(s) at Ford knows.
Big problem, you actually have the Federal Government involved.

If Ford was to come out with an official statement of timing. That can be altered if Government does not give approval when Ford thought they were. Resulting in really bad press and negative social media.

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Porsche Macan S/2023 Integra 6MT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Interesting coincidence that we have the same current vehicles (MT as well!) and are buying into nearly identical builds! I too would not be buying this truck if not for the hybrid factor.
That is interesting! We also have the same first name. The Maverick is actually the Forte's replacement here. Are you doing the same? Carvana just offered me $25,000 for the Forte even though I paid $23,000 10 months ago. :ROFLMAO:

Hanto

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Forte GT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That is interesting! We also have the same first name. The Maverick is actually the Forte's replacement here. Are you doing the same? Carvana just offered me $25,000 for the Forte even though I paid $23,000 10 months ago. :ROFLMAO:
Yes! I plan to drive my Forte up to PA and drive the Maverick back down. I just did Carvana and Vroom and they were both a smidge under 24k. Which color is yours?

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes! I plan to drive my Forte up to PA and drive the Maverick back down. I just did Carvana and Vroom and they were both a smidge under 24k. Which color is yours?
Mine is Currant Red and has 6300 miles.

I'm planning to sell the Forte to Carvana or Carmax and fly to PA. Have you got any trade value from the PA dealer? I wonder if they're able to do tax offsets like I can if I buy in GA.

Sponsored

Hanto

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Forte GT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mine is Currant Red and has 6300 miles.

I'm planning to sell the Forte to Carvana or Carmax and fly to PA. Have you got any trade value from the PA dealer? I wonder if they're able to do tax offsets like I can if I buy in GA.
Ahh, so you have one of the more expensive colors, right? Mine is the Deep Ocean Blue, ~9k miles. No value from the PA dealer yet. Did you order from Chapman as well? I'm fairly certain they do offset the taxes is why I am planning on driving up. However if Carvana/Vroom are both way more it'll offset the taxes that way as well.

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ahh, so you have one of the more expensive colors, right? Mine is the Deep Ocean Blue, ~9k miles. No value from the PA dealer yet. Did you order from Chapman as well? I'm fairly certain they do offset the taxes is why I am planning on driving up. However if Carvana/Vroom are both way more it'll offset the taxes that way as well.
Yeah Currant Red was a $400 charge. Honestly I wanted blue, but manuals were hard to come by. I did order from Chapman. I do not expect them to be able to touch Carvana's price, though. It likely will make more sense to just sell it locally. I certainly don't want to get into that whole thing where they have to see the car in person to put a price on it.

Hanto

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Forte GT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah Currant Red was a $400 charge. Honestly I wanted blue, but manuals were hard to come by. I did order from Chapman. I do not expect them to be able to touch Carvana's price, though. It likely will make more sense to just sell it locally. I certainly don't want to get into that whole thing where they have to see the car in person to put a price on it.
I can understand that. I've bought several cars over the years and usually for trade-ins that are out of town they are good with giving me quotes over the phone with pictures. If Chapman won't do that then I'll likely sell it to Carvana/Vroom or private party it. With the offers I did earlier today I break even on it so that's all I care about right now. -- My manual was a pain to come by as well. I definitely only wanted blue and there was only one in the state, down in Tampa. My local dealer "found one" (the same one I was looking at) and said they could get it here but they certainly weren't playing good on the price. I've had my fun with it and I'm really looking forward to the Mav. :D

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I can understand that. I've bought several cars over the years and usually for trade-ins that are out of town they are good with giving me quotes over the phone with pictures. If Chapman won't do that then I'll likely sell it to Carvana/Vroom or private party it. With the offers I did earlier today I break even on it so that's all I care about right now. -- My manual was a pain to come by as well. I definitely only wanted blue and there was only one in the state, down in Tampa. My local dealer "found one" (the same one I was looking at) and said they could get it here but they certainly weren't playing good on the price. I've had my fun with it and I'm really looking forward to the Mav. :D
Same. We bought a 2018 Elantra Sport new back in 2017. I got rid of it 10 months later for an Infiniti Q50 that was a total POS. I thought the Forte would be a good replacement for the Elantra, since they're the same platform and all.. but it is not the same. It's missing something, I just don't know what. So although I like it OK, but I'm not going to miss it. I'm trying to decide right now whether or not to accept the offer and let it go now or hold off. I don't want the offers to go down.

OhLeo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Solara, Mav on order
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Since when does anyone take the word of a car salesman? Foolish.
Sponsored