Sponsored

Dealer wouldn't take my order and said hybrids won't be available...

petercox27

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-3
Well I know that they are being built…and that he doesn’t know anything. That is where the amusement comes in. Only thing he has on me is that he has actually seen a Maverick
Ahhh I’m finally seeing one in person tomorrow! Very excited!
Sponsored

Reactions: TCK

MortyHooper

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Matrix
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I remember someone on here saying that Canada will wait till EPA is finished, too.
Yes, that makes sense.

My dealer did tell me they got to try a hybrid as part of their dealer training last week at the old Canucks arena parking lot. He said it was super smooth and he really liked it- he already had a hybrid XLT on order.

As an aside I wonder how much options can delay or expedite the orders, but that seems like too much pure speculation as obviously Ford prefers to sell them.

Tking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 Subaru Legacy Outback & '86 F250 4x4 6.9 idi
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just placed my order yesterday and received my confirmation from Ford. I've been told 4-6 mths which is just when I would like it and why I ordered now instead of waiting.

flyjum

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
is this just your speculation? I really doubt there is a year's worth (whatever that means) of hybrids already sold.
The plant has a production capacity of 300,000 vehicles. Which both the bronco sport and maverick are built at. Assuming maverick will get 50 percent of that production(ford estimated up to 100k Mavericks a year so 1/3) we are looking at 150k a year. As of now 200,000+ Mavericks have been ordered. Additionally ford estimated less than 1/3 would be Hybrid but nearly 2/3s are Hybrid which could in theory double the time to get one depending on drive train capacity limitations.

So yes we are already at a years worth of orders maybe even two years for the hybrid.

AdventureSetterland

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Was at my dealer in Victoria BC the other day and he pulled my hybrid build up on his screen and showed me that its built and waiting for shipping. Figured end of November. They only got their first last Friday which was an Eco Boost Lariat. It'll be here when it gets here.... Heres a comparison shot to my 05 GX that it will replace. Not much different in width and the Mav is about 10" longer
20211015_205521270_iOS.jpg
Cool pic for perspective. All I have seen before this is other fords.

Sponsored

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The plant has a production capacity of 300,000 vehicles. Which both the bronco sport and maverick are built at. Assuming maverick will get 50 percent of that production(ford estimated up to 100k Mavericks a year so 1/3) we are looking at 150k a year. As of now 200,000+ Mavericks have been ordered. Additionally ford estimated less than 1/3 would be Hybrid but nearly 2/3s are Hybrid which could in theory double the time to get one depending on drive train capacity limitations.

So yes we are already at a years worth of orders maybe even two years for the hybrid.
Got any reliable links showing 200k ORDERS for Mavericks? Last I saw Ford said they had passed 150k RESERVATIONS, and the 2 are not the same! Also, a high volume Ford dealer quoted in an article said their conversion rate from reservations to orders is ~30%.

Forget about what Ford supposedly estimated hybrid vs. ECO before order bank opened and production even started- they are way off based on what we are seeing is actually being built. I'd like to see a reliable source linked proving 2/3s of orders in the entire country are for Hybrids- I flat out don't believe that until proven otherwise- and it's reported to be mostly coming from interest on the coasts, especially West.

Seems like you're still basing everything on the self-reported sample data in this forum which is highly skewed and thus not indicative of the entire population of possible buyers.

flyjum

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Got any reliable links showing 200k ORDERS for Mavericks? Last I saw Ford said they had passed 150k RESERVATIONS, and the 2 are not the same! Also, a high volume Ford dealer quoted in an article said their conversion rate from reservations to orders is ~30%.

Forget about what Ford supposedly estimated hybrid vs. ECO before order bank opened and production even started- they are way off based on what we are seeing is actually being built. I'd like to see a reliable source linked proving 2/3s of orders in the entire country are for Hybrids- I flat out don't believe that until proven otherwise- and it's reported to be mostly coming from interest on the coasts, especially West.

Seems like you're still basing everything on the self-reported sample data in this forum which is highly skewed and thus not indicative of the entire population of possible buyers.
Reddit has a much much larger sample base of orders. It was over 60 percent hybrid but since Ford is producing more EB trucks people are switching to that in hopes of getting one quicker so the ratio has changed.

But believe whatever you want. Multiple dealers have told multiple people that they should expect nearly a year if they order a hybrid today. Is it some conspiracy because they don't want to sell that person a vehicle?
Many thousands of people who ordered a Bronco 18 months ago is still waiting on theirs to be built too. Maybe another year for some of those people. Lightning f150 will be the same as will the cybertruck as will many other vehicles.

Down

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick/02 Z06 Vette

Agreed, I think someone was mistaking reservations for orders.

flyjum

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No I meant orders. Not necessarily all retail orders but dealer stock combined with retail is over 200k at this point. Reservations ended a while ago

Sponsored

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Porsche Macan S/2023 Integra 6MT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've never seen the number 200,000 related to anything but reservations.

I did see info the other day (can't remember where now) that Ford had 36,000 confirmed orders? That seemed low. Wish I could remember what the source was.

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'd like to see a reliable source linked proving 2/3s of orders in the entire country are for Hybrids- I flat out don't believe that until proven otherwise- and it's reported to be mostly coming from interest on the coasts, especially West.
I don't think you will find the "reliable source" you are looking for anytime soon. The best way to meet your standard (a source "proving 2/3s of orders in the entire country are for Hybrids") would be for Ford to publish its own order statistics, which it seems to have no current interest in doing.

As far as I know, this is the data we have so far:
-- the 2600+ orders reported on this site show a 64% preference for hybrid 2022 Maverick Order Tracking List & Stats [Enter Yours!] | MaverickTruckClub.com - 2022+ Ford Maverick Pickup Forum, News, Info
-- a similar order tracker on Reddit shows an even greater hybrid preference r/FordMaverickTruck Order Tracker (google.com)
-- @fordvideoguy reported that his 400 orders (in Kansas) were showing the same trend

I haven't seen any data-based sources contradicting this trend. Nor have I seen anything indicating people in certain states are ordering out of proportion to their populations. (See the state breakdown on the reddit order tracker.) So this looks like the best bet so far.

Down

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick/02 Z06 Vette
No I meant orders. Not necessarily all retail orders but dealer stock combined with retail is over 200k at this point. Reservations ended a while ago
Oh, well that's a new number I haven't seen before. If you're actually pulling that from a reliable source, I'm sure everyone here would love to see it. 👍

Clay51

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

What I would like to see is a link to actual data showing how many Mavericks are being produced daily at Hermosillo. The Ford sales report for Sept shows only 506 Mavericks sold year to date. https://fordauthority.com/2021/10/f...s-numbers-figures-results-september-2021-usa/
They're going to have to build a huge number of trucks at the plant every day to make any headway against this supposed amount of orders.

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What I would like to see is a link to actual data showing how many Mavericks are being produced daily at Hermosillo. The Ford sales report for Sept shows only 506 Mavericks sold year to date. https://fordauthority.com/2021/10/f...s-numbers-figures-results-september-2021-usa/
They're going to have to build a huge number of trucks at the plant every day to make any headway against this supposed amount of orders.
The following post has an image of Ford's production number announcement for September.
https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...nth-launch-sept-2021-7-323-produced-ytd.2807/

It looks like Hermosillo produced 7,323 Mavericks by the end of September, with 5,660 of those being produced in September itself.

I haven't seen anything post-September.
Sponsored