Sponsored

Dealer wouldn't take my order and said hybrids won't be available...

JsnMrd

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ok. If the delay is til end of 2022, would that be essentially a 2023 model?

Would we see subtle changes? Maybe more interior color, AWD on hybrid, slightly more power even a little more expensive entry price?
Sponsored

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
10 Wrangler 22 Lexus 22 Maverick 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

@fordvideoguy works at a dealership in Salina Kansas that will take your order and will ship your new truck directly to your door for no extra charge if you finance with them.
Id like to see if he too is taking hybrid orders still or what he projects as a delivery date - he is certainly a straight shooter. ....

rjag2034

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche, Lexus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Was at my dealer in Victoria BC the other day and he pulled my hybrid build up on his screen and showed me that its built and waiting for shipping. Figured end of November. They only got their first last Friday which was an Eco Boost Lariat. It'll be here when it gets here.... Heres a comparison shot to my 05 GX that it will replace. Not much different in width and the Mav is about 10" longer
Ford Maverick Dealer wouldn't take my order and said hybrids won't be available... 20211015_205521270_iOS

Big Ragu

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Aric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Dont forget that the hybrids haven't been OKTB yet. I have 2 built with window stickers waiting for OKTB.

MortyHooper

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Matrix
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is a bummer if true- I’ve been sitting on the fence since June here in Canada (I know, why wait? I wanted to see more articles/ reviews if I couldn’t drive one).

Well today finally put in my order and deposit for a nice, barebones Area51 XL. I’m hoping tomorrow when the dealer submits it to Ford I don’t get a similar call!

Sponsored

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Porsche Macan S/2023 Integra 6MT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ed at Chapman just said 4-6 months for a hybrid ordered like 2 days ago.. Again, unclear. Obviously not needing a car this instant is the only real way to do this. For me, it was hybrid or something else altogether. I will not buy an Ecoboost. Nothing against them, but not what I'm looking for.

MortyHooper

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Matrix
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ed at Chapman just said 4-6 months for a hybrid ordered like 2 days ago.. Again, unclear. Obviously not needing a car this instant is the only real way to do this. For me, it was hybrid or something else altogether. I will not buy an Ecoboost. Nothing against them, but not what I'm looking for.
Yeah exactly. I’ll wait too, hybrid all the way.

TCK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta Sportwagen
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Haha- just spoke to my rep and he tells me the hybrid is not even being built yet. This game is losing its charm so quickly. Just call me when mine gets there

vezpa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
EMG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What is the status on hybid models in Canada. They don't have the same EPA requirements we do in the USA. Will they be getting the hybrids first? Are they OKTB there or is Ford holding out on them too?

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What is the status on hybid models in Canada. They don't have the same EPA requirements we do in the USA. Will they be getting the hybrids first? Are they OKTB there or is Ford holding out on them too?
I remember someone on here saying that Canada will wait till EPA is finished, too.

Sponsored

MomaK61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250, Subaru Ascent
Spoke to my dealership yesterday. Was trying to find out when he thought it would be possible for me to get a build date. I was hoping for at least sometime this year. I know will not see a truck till next year. He told me it should be happening pretty quickly for a build date. We shall see. I like the optimism but dont want false hope.

TCK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta Sportwagen
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well he don’t know shit cuz I know mine is built from using the links that have been provided
Well I know that they are being built…and that he doesn’t know anything. That is where the amusement comes in. Only thing he has on me is that he has actually seen a Maverick

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I would wager if someone ordered a hybrid today they won't get it until next September or October. They are not delayed per se rather they have sold so many they have nearly a year of production worth already sold
is this just your speculation? I really doubt there is a year's worth (whatever that means) of hybrids already sold.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That has been sourced from Ford, that they anticipated a 2:1 EB to Hybrid sales volume - everything is pointing to the opposite at this point (we have a huge representative sample right here with the forum tracker showing orders at about 2:1 Hybrid to EB - 2,500+ entries is well past a representative sample to tell us that is what Ford is seeing for overall orders).
totally disagree this forum is any kind of representative sample of hybrid interest/orders in the population at large. We live in a "Maverick bubble" here- where most of us were already interested in the truck before Ford even admitted it was a real product. Almost nobody comes in here and says they hate the product and would never consider it; it's an enthusiast forum and skewed towards people wanting the product with very few seriously shopping it against competitors on merit vs. availability (hybrid).

I also question the % of actual orders for hybrid nationwide. I'm not going to go dig for it, but IIRC 1 of our "below invoice" dealers on here said the vast majority of hybrid orders were coming from California, and overall both coasts from other sources besides here. When the numbers of fulfilled orders starts showing consistent buying patterns I don't forsee massive nationwide preference for the hybrid- but I could be wrong...
Sponsored