Sponsored

Dealer wouldn't take my order and said hybrids won't be available...

SpacemanSpiff

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tyreese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-15 Eagle
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Check with another sales person, or another dealership. Either way, you will be in for a wait for a Hybrid. Earliest possible will be Jan-March 2022, probably more like summer of 2022 depending on your configuration ordered.

OP
OP

typer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
unfortunately I believed this manager. i had an appointment to come in for an order and they called me to say don't bother, we just got new intel and we can't accept orders now because they are being told end of 2022 delivery.

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
unfortunately I believed this manager. i had an appointment to come in for an order and they called me to say don't bother, we just got new intel and we can't accept orders now because they are being told end of 2022 delivery.
@fordvideoguy works at a dealership in Salina Kansas that will take your order and will ship your new truck directly to your door for no extra charge if you finance with them.

Sponsored

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Its possible. After the initial order frenzy Hybrid orders were put on hold. Opened up again few weeks ago.
What I read on the "internet":cool:
Ford was figuring 40% Hybrid out of the gate 70%. Had to hold up future ordering.

Again what I read.

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
thank you! might just do that.
Here's their youtube channel. He does a Livestream every Tuesday night. He is a good source of reliable information here on the forum.
Long McArthur - YouTube

Edit - I am not a customer of theirs. I just appreciate their efforts to help the community.

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Its possible. After the initial order frenzy Hybrid orders were put on hold. Opened up again few weeks ago.
What I read on the "internet":cool:
Ford was figuring 40% Hybrid out of the gate 70%. Had to hold up future ordering.

Again what I read.
That has been sourced from Ford, that they anticipated a 2:1 EB to Hybrid sales volume - everything is pointing to the opposite at this point (we have a huge representative sample right here with the forum tracker showing orders at about 2:1 Hybrid to EB - 2,500+ entries is well past a representative sample to tell us that is what Ford is seeing for overall orders).

OP
OP

typer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
just talked to another dealer and they said hybrid orders have been suspended until at least November. sigh.

Sponsored

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
just talked to another dealer and they said hybrid orders have been suspended until at least November. sigh.
Interesting. Thanks for relaying the information.

athens2au

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
...until "end of '22".

Not sure I can wait that long. This looks to be turning into Bronco redux.
Their guess is good as any at this point. No one really knows when we will see a hybrid.

flyjum

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would wager if someone ordered a hybrid today they won't get it until next September or October. They are not delayed per se rather they have sold so many they have nearly a year of production worth already sold
Sponsored