Sponsored

Dealer Wont Replace Airbags Under Recall!

kcjayman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Escape Titanium, 2014 F-150 Limited, Mustang+
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just posting this to see if anyone else has run into this. I recived another letter from Ford stating that the parts for my curtain airbag replacement under recall are now avaialble. I called my dealer to have them ordered and I was told that they cannot order them unless they are deployed. I told him that was BS and not what the letter from Ford stated. Has anyone ran into this? Should I call another dealership?
Sponsored

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just posting this to see if anyone else has run into this. I recived another letter from Ford stating that the parts for my curtain airbag replacement under recall are now avaialble. I called my dealer to have them ordered and I was told that they cannot order them unless they are deployed. I told him that was BS and not what the letter from Ford stated. Has anyone ran into this? Should I call another dealership?
Not surprised! Sounds like another clueless professional.

jhammer221

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick on order
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If that's how they feel about a recall I'd find another dealer to work on my truck personally.

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Welcome to the Ford dealer service network. "(Incompetence) is Job 1"
Where our customers know more about our job than we do.

Sponsored

jimbo722

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I experienced the same thing here in Atlanta, makes no sense to me, either it's a safety recall or it's not. Scratching my head here.

OP
OP
kcjayman

kcjayman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yea they have been quite tools off and on. I bought the Mav from them, they honered my X-plan, no markup etc that part has been fine. But at times they seem like lazy asses.

DaMav

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Subaru Forester, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My dealer says they are awaiting parts. Ford's recall site says parts should be available 1/23, but that has passed. So I'll be looking for some sort of update.

clofan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Lol how dumb is that. They are obligated to replace. Call the Ford 1-800 number and start a case number, or find a new service department!

My dealer just said that Ford is recalling the recall parts, even the new parts don't meet the safety standards. Dunno how true that is, I haven't researched it yet.

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I work at a dealership in warranty. It is very very common for letters to go out to customers stating that parts are available, before parts are, in fact, available.
Parts may be available, but in specific circumstances only.

For 22C20, parts were at first available for unsold in-stock units w/ signed buyers orders, and sold vehicles w/ deployed airbags only. These were by specially order through SSSC. Ford was also going to send "seed stock" out to dealers.

I tried ordering parts for my own hybrid Mav a few weeks ago.... and was denied because my airbags are not deployed.....

I just checked now.... The seed stock note is gone. I don't see the note for for deployed airbags anymore. I tried ordering the airbags for mine (which must still be done VIN-specific order through SSSC)....and I get an error saying that some attachment is required??

The FSA instructions don't say anything about a required attachment.....

It may be a carryover requirement from when proof of a sign-buyers order/deployed airbags was necessary.

So, to me, it looks like Ford may have recently removed the "deployed" airbags only requirement (but I didn't catch the usual update Ford sent out when changes like that are made).

It still isn't easy to order the parts.... They are not on open order. I can probably try attaching a random file and see what happens next.... but SSSC is very picky.

Previously, even when the side curtain airbags were available, some bolts that are required to be replaced were not available. I don't know if that has changed.

So your dealer probably does need to check into this more. Parts might be available now, but it certainly isn't easy to order / or clear what the requirements are to order these parts.

Sponsored

Zotman

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Lux Hybrid, Focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My dealer offered to return my call when they can schedule an appointment for the two outstanding recalls.

OP
OP
kcjayman

kcjayman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I checked another local dealership and was told " We dont order the parts, Ford will send them to us and we dont know how many or when so you need to just call every week to see if we have them" it's first come first fix. WTF!! How can they be ordered if there is not a VIN tied to the parts?

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I checked another local dealership and was told " We dont order the parts, Ford will send them to us and we dont know how many or when so you need to just call every week to see if we have them" it's first come first fix. WTF!! How can they be ordered if there is not a VIN tied to the parts?
That is because parts were originally "seed stock" for this FSA. Dealers were just sent some parts (supposedly corresponding to % of Mavericks sold).

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
@Ford Motor Company , this one is something you would be interested in.

OP
OP
kcjayman

kcjayman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Its just funny how each dealer has their own story of what's going on. IDK what 800 # there is to even call about it.
Sponsored