Sponsored

Dealer sold my custom ordered Maverick to someone else, they never called me when it arrived.

Nighthawk-1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
knighthawk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KIA
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I never got my Maverick I ordered. I placed a custom order in Sept '21. I have a signed order agreement, and email trail offering me first right of refusal. They said 12-16 weeks until delivery. 12-16 weeks turned into we don't know when. We'll call you for first right of refusal. The call never came. It would have been nice to review it, but that's not happening. I recommend anyone still waiting CALL every day to you dealer. This whole "ordering" has been so exhausting, so stressful, and I really feel like a fool, like I was scammed. I am totally pissed of at Ford, and my dealer Autofair Ford NH.
Take out a bill board near the dealership and state the problem Take out a nicely worded news paper add or op ed and lastly but a *sucks* add on the internet
Sponsored

onetequilatwo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid Lariat Maverick and 2019 RAV4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
@cdsmith379 keep us updated on your very bad situation. Hoping for something positive.

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You are 100%, without a doubt, unquestionably wrong. You shouldn't post things you don't know. When two parties come together, review the conditions for which one will provide goods and/or a service, terms are established, and both parties proceed to move forward with said services, that is by definition in every possible way a contract. In this case there is additionally a document which is generated by one party, reviewed by both parties, and signed by the other party. That is documenting the verbal contract with a written contract. The dealers create multiple, convoluted steps in the process to give outs as well as potentially take advantage of customers but it doesn't change that a contract had been entered into by both parties.

I've stated numerous times that a single signature build sheet doesn't provide the protection that buyers may need (if a dealer wants to be questionable) . And there are plenty of dealers who aren't honoring the verbal agreement, or not going through all the terms so as to take advantage later. There are minimal contract conditions included with the build sheet, so the agreement is vague and recourse/damages difficult to ascertain. But the meeting of minds and a signed build sheet is, simply stated, a contract. That is a fact and to argue otherwise is to show your ignorance on the subject.
And, unfortunately in this case, there is no evidence of a net sales price being established between the parties...

In addition to the DORA, an actual dual-signed Sales Agreement between the OP and the Dealership stating the Ts&C's, and sales price would change the complexion of this unfortunate situation...

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Crappy Ford experience. Any car dealership is going to have a pretty "bullet-proof" sales contract, especially with terms of the sales agreement delivery is not their responsibility. This has happened to dozens of Maverick orders. I bought thru Chapman at Horsham, total over the internet transaction, nothing signed. But when i received notification that my Maverick was under Build status I was on the phone at least once a week checking the status....Most dealers hope the customers walk so they can resale at a premium...

like others have said posting signs at the dealership about your experience with the dealer get the most traction in getting a Maverick that was rejected. Your dealer should search other Ford dealers for a cancelled order but those dealers will be looking for a huge markup. Someone else hit it right, the Maverick is a bargain value for the price and those that got them are lucky. ..and dealers are greedy.

TheWizziard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Oxford White
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Although much blame for the Mav sales, mfg & delivery debacle rests with dealers, a good deal of it rests with Ford itself.

Ford has underpriced the Mav vs the Bronco Sport, which I read goes down the same line as the Mav in the Mexico mfg plant. Beginning MSRP iMav is $20K; MSRP for Bronco Sport is ~$27K for 22MY. My guess is that Sport Broncos are profitable and Mavs are not.

So Ford is making more Broncos than Mavs I would guess. I saw recent production #’s but I didn’t note the Bronco Sport #’s at the Mexican plant. Can someone check me on this?

As further confirmation of my hypothesis, I have seen lots of Broncos on Atlanta roads, but only 1 Mav.

I wonder if people removing features from their orders and downgrading from XLT to XL will make matters worse: lower selling price, less profit (or more loss) for Ford.

Enough speculation for now.
From Ford's August report. Year to date:
Bronco Sport - 92,295
Maverick - 61,059

Sponsored

Bigbill27

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 focus, 2023 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Although much blame for the Mav sales, mfg & delivery debacle rests with dealers, a good deal of it rests with Ford itself.

Ford has underpriced the Mav vs the Bronco Sport, which I read goes down the same line as the Mav in the Mexico mfg plant. Beginning MSRP iMav is $20K; MSRP for Bronco Sport is ~$27K for 22MY. My guess is that Sport Broncos are profitable and Mavs are not.

So Ford is making more Broncos than Mavs I would guess. I saw recent production #’s but I didn’t note the Bronco Sport #’s at the Mexican plant. Can someone check me on this?

As further confirmation of my hypothesis, I have seen lots of Broncos on Atlanta roads, but only 1 Mav.

I wonder if people removing features from their orders and downgrading from XLT to XL will make matters worse: lower selling price, less profit (or more loss) for Ford.

Enough speculation for now.
I have spent some considerable time in my Nephews bronco sport, and it appears to be of higher quality (at least in appearance) than the Maverick. I am waiting for my Maverick XLT and test drove one and loved it, but It just isn't quite as quality feeling as the Bronco.

DADDY DON

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
I never got my Maverick I ordered. I placed a custom order in Sept '21. I have a signed order agreement, and email trail offering me first right of refusal. They said 12-16 weeks until delivery. 12-16 weeks turned into we don't know when. We'll call you for first right of refusal. The call never came. It would have been nice to review it, but that's not happening. I recommend anyone still waiting CALL every day to you dealer. This whole "ordering" has been so exhausting, so stressful, and I really feel like a fool, like I was scammed. I am totally pissed of at Ford, and my dealer Autofair Ford NH.
You should have put money down!

NH Dan

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Escape S , 95 Jeep YJ , 78 Fairmont 351 C
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes! VIN number and everything! Tracked all the way through delivery! This is the dealers response:

AutoFair Ford in Manchester
Craig, we can certainly understand your frustration with the extended wait times of the Mavericks. Custom vehicle ordering has changed the way we do business and we are trying very hard to become the leader in New Hampshire. I will be reviewing your experience with our team in our next weekly huddle to learn and grow. Thank you for bringing this to our attention- Adam Schreffler, Sales Manager
Well that sucks, Also I ordered from the same dealership and we are still waiting, I have been in touch with my sales guy regularly and he has assured me we will get a 2022 very soon , yes very soon. We ordered ours on 10/15/21 eco boost XLT with tow package. I will keep reading out to page nine to see whats going on. I put down a Grand when I ordered also.
Dan

kingranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ford.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
or 2. Report it a Stolen to the Local Police.As it was your order as a Special Order Green Order Sheet it was clearly Vehicle Destined for you.
Totally understand the frustration, but absolutely do not do this.
FYI, the vehicle arrived at the dealership on July 22nd and was sold August 6th. Your salesperson should have contacted you when it arrived, but it appears they sat on it for a couple weeks.

Last edited:

Sheila Ness

First Name
Sheila
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
I ordered 8-31-21 and still don't have it. Maybe yours just isn't done yet like mine. Called Ford this am, and they said delivery was held up. Don't have actual date yet. Had been scheduled for 9-10-22 Patience is a virtue, and I am getting short on it.

Sponsored

Razzman

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Toyota Corolla
Yes! VIN number and everything! Tracked all the way through delivery! This is the dealers response:

AutoFair Ford in Manchester
Craig, we can certainly understand your frustration with the extended wait times of the Mavericks. Custom vehicle ordering has changed the way we do business and we are trying very hard to become the leader in New Hampshire. I will be reviewing your experience with our team in our next weekly huddle to learn and grow. Thank you for bringing this to our attention- Adam Schreffler, Sales Manager
I’m sure a lot of dealerships are doing this. With the profit they can make on the open market there is no incentive to deliver to original buyer. These stealerships are going to get their comeuppance when they part of a class action suit.

Mavfreak

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Versa
After 429 days I received notification that my Maverick was built and shipped. I have contacted the dealership twice since and it has been crickets. I can smell that they are going to sell it out from under me with zero remorse.

James K

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Seems to me that is theft and the documents you have would have to be countered with proof (they can't just say you refused it on a phone call). The fact is they probably got over what you contracted for (important because you could have made the same profit)and the amount over sticker should be used to determine if it's petit larceny or grand larceny. It's not an easy case to make if they just sold it for the same amount to someone else. At minimum I would hang out in a public area near the dealership with a sign warning others not to order a vehicle from the dealership. My dealer was honest. They hoped I would cancel but other than checking a few times during the wait to see if I still wanted it, they were great.

selmanb71

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Edge & 2017 Ford Escape
I would definitely report them to Ford Motor Company. I resorted to sending an email to CEO Bill Ford, due to my 2.0 Maverick not being built and no word after 9 months. Amazingly a couple of weeks later it’s now scheduled to be built the week of September 19th.
Sponsored