Sponsored

Dealer sold my custom ordered Maverick to someone else, they never called me when it arrived.

cdsmith379

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I never got my Maverick I ordered. I placed a custom order in Sept '21. I have a signed order agreement, and email trail offering me first right of refusal. They said 12-16 weeks until delivery. 12-16 weeks turned into we don't know when. We'll call you for first right of refusal. The call never came. It would have been nice to review it, but that's not happening. I recommend anyone still waiting CALL every day to you dealer. This whole "ordering" has been so exhausting, so stressful, and I really feel like a fool, like I was scammed. I am totally pissed of at Ford, and my dealer Autofair Ford NH.
Sponsored

OP
OP

cdsmith379

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes! VIN number and everything! Tracked all the way through delivery! This is the dealers response:

AutoFair Ford in Manchester
Craig, we can certainly understand your frustration with the extended wait times of the Mavericks. Custom vehicle ordering has changed the way we do business and we are trying very hard to become the leader in New Hampshire. I will be reviewing your experience with our team in our next weekly huddle to learn and grow. Thank you for bringing this to our attention- Adam Schreffler, Sales Manager

FloodingdowninTX

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Do y'all have an Attorney General in NH you could "bring this to the attention" of? I'm waiting and a little worried, but keeping considerable powder dry for my longtime dealer.

Sponsored

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did you have a dual-signed, priced purchase agreement with the dealer?

Maverich

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Velocity Blue XLT Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Dude is not messing around and brings RECEIPTS!!! Good for you! Order from IRA Ford in Maine or Grappone Ford in Bow. I got mine at IRA Ford in Maine and they were very good. But yeah, Autofair owes you the chance to buy a Maverick (with a nice discount for your troubles!)

My1stFord

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Dude is not messing around and brings RECEIPTS!!! Good for you! Order from IRA Ford in Maine or Grappone Ford in Bow. I got mine at IRA Ford in Maine and they were very good. But yeah, Autofair owes you the chance to buy a Maverick (with a nice discount for your troubles!)
(irrelevant) I lived in Bow for a short time, on Colby Lane! Can't believe they have a car dealership.

Sponsored

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OP, that's not a sales agreement from the dealer, that the order showing the options and MSRP.

You should also have a sales agreement from the ordering dealership showing the terms of your purchase (net purchase price) and it should have been signed by the dealer.

My order from Chapman is similar to yours above and the doc is signed by the dealer and states " 4% under invoice plus tax/tags and $422 pa doc fee"

But not contesting they screwed you...

Good luck!

Last edited:

RonFLA

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I agree with the other members, don’t let this go away. Put that frustration into words and send it to Ford Customer Service and all the online review sites, to help others from being burned too.

Rojo

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT, Alto Blue, AWD Eco-Boost, Lux
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I would be raising hell, including going down and talking to the sales manager in person and requesting the general manager sit in on the meeting. I would also be letting them know, again, in person, that I will be reporting this to the attorney general of the state and ford corporate.

AUDIOZONE

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger, ranger, mustang, maverick on order
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you can..... get a TV stations consumer reporter interested in your story. No business wants a TV crew out front, and on the local news for shabby practices.