Dealer purchase contract question

Blessedintx

First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
What would be the norm in this situation for a dealer to have me sign? Do you just send in DL and your signature?
There was nothing on my Order contract about having to buy it. Salesman told us several times that if you don't like it, you don't buy it. The weight is on the dealership to get you to though. Ford will "fine" the dealership if they do not sell 85% of the trucks ordered to the person who ordered it. That makes me think we may have some wiggle room on price since they don't want the fines!? Just my thought. All that info came from my salesman,
Sponsored

Blessedintx

First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
I posted this in another thread and others said they signed one. I want a situation similar to yours. Once you decided to order, what happened next?
That is true for all of the orders according to my dealership. Don't like it, don't buy mit. And deposit is refundable. I suppose this could vary by state or something. I would not sign a contract that said otherwise though!

Blessedintx

First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
They will do a refundable down payment of $500 instead. Is there ever any issue getting the money back if an issue occurs?
Shouldn't be. My salesman said they would cut me a check that day if I changed my mind.

Blessedintx

First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but that sounds more like a taunt. You didn't order one from them so ha, jokes on you kinda thing? But yah, the alternative isn't much better.
Sounds like someone being an ass! Ordered mine from Five Star Ford in N Richland Hills. Our salesman of 12 years is just so trustworthy. Has never told us wrong. We have leased for years, so have dealt with him every three years. Two years ago I bought an Escape. Now I've ordered the Lariat Lux

Sponsored

olie64

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Order maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
They will do a refundable down payment of $500 instead. Is there ever any issue getting the money back if an issue occurs?

i have never bought a new car let along order one but I mean in Indiana is refundable so they legally cant keep your money.

OP
OP
Derek's Maverick

Derek's Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Shouldn't be. My salesman said they would cut me a check that day if I changed my mind.
You have great sounding dealers then. I was just about to put an order in when they sent me a "new" quote that was more than the original. I'm not even excited anymore to order this truck.

Blessedintx

First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
You have great sounding dealers then. I was just about to put an order in when they sent me a "new" quote that was more than the original. I'm not even excited anymore to order this truck.
Find another dealer, for sure" and get excited again! I don't even know how the hell they can do that to you!

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If Ford doesn't build the truck this year, or even by next summer, would I have any issue canceling a purchase contract in the event I luck into finding one sooner?
Did you sign a Purchase Contract or a Vehicle Buyer's Order? (names may be different at your dealer) Either way, your rights will probably be governed by the text printed on the form.

For example, I signed a Vehicle Buyer's Order (with a $xxxx deposit) that had conflicting language . In one place, it said the seller was collecting a "non-refundable order fee" of $xxxx dollars. Farther down, that same $xxxx dollars was referred to as a "down payment."

The salesman told me I could get my $xxxx back if I didn't like the truck. To prevent future misunderstandings, I had the dealer write into the Order that my money would be refunded if I didn't like the truck -- before we signed it. Then I took home a copy of the order.

My point is that a dealer might honor verbal promises, and people might tell you they have had this or that experience, but you are better off relying on what is written in the paperwork.
Sponsored