First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Finally putting an order in tomorrow. Yes!! The dealer said she would need to mail a purchase contract. Here's my question.

If Ford doesn't build the truck this year, or even by next summer, would I have any issue canceling a purchase contract in the event I luck into finding one sooner?

A dealer that's pretty close actually has a Maverick coming to their lot within the month. Maybe its possible i find one before Ford builds mine. I'm running into the issue of want vs need and need is winning at the moment.
Sponsored

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Do not sign a contract saying you have to buy it, period.

PIJane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q5
What would be the norm in this situation for a dealer to have me sign? Do you just send in DL and your signature?
That is what I did. Got a confirmation email from Ford. Not saying this is the right way to do it but it’s the process the dealer I spoke with used. Fingers crossed.

olie64

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Order maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Finally putting an order in tomorrow. Yes!! The dealer said she would need to mail a purchase contract. Here's my question.

If Ford doesn't build the truck this year, or even by next summer, would I have any issue canceling a purchase contract in the event I luck into finding one sooner?

A dealer that's pretty close actually has a Maverick coming to their lot within the month. Maybe its possible i find one before Ford builds mine. I'm running into the issue of want vs need and need is winning at the moment.

Why would you sign a purchase contract...Serious question I haven't heard of dealers doing this mine told me up front other then a price...i am under a kind of unique situation (purchase price) that nothing would be final or required until I get the truck and decide I want it. At that point I would sign the paperwork.

Last edited:

Sponsored

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Why would you sign a purchase contract...Serious question I haven't heard of dealers doing this mine told me up front other then a price...i am under a unique situation that nothing would be final or required until I get the truck and decide I want it. At that point I would sign the paperwork.
That is not unique but standard operating procedure

olie64

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Order maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That is not unique but standard operating procedure
the unique part was the cost i'm buying. I will be paying inventory price on the truck and all things on it because of a sponsorship agreement.

OP
OP
Derek's Maverick

Derek's Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Why would you sign a purchase contract...Serious question I haven't heard of dealers doing this mine told me up front other then a price...i am under a unique situation that nothing would be final or required until I get the truck and decide I want it. At that point I would sign the paperwork.
I posted this in another thread and others said they signed one. I want a situation similar to yours. Once you decided to order, what happened next?

olie64

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Order maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I posted this in another thread and others said they signed one. I want a situation similar to yours. Once you decided to order, what happened next?

I went in put down a 1000 dollar refundable deposit. I then meet with the sales manager and build my truck. I was shown prices of everything I was ordering...MSRP and price I was paying.. Then he hit submit. After that we talked a bit about random stuff and I went and checked out the Bronco Sasquatch edition they had.

OP
OP
Derek's Maverick

Derek's Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I went in put down a 1000 dollar refundable deposit. I then meet with the sales manager and build my truck. I was shown prices of everything I was ordering...MSRP and price I was paying.. Then he hit submit. After that we talked a bit about random stuff and I went and checked out the Bronco Sasquatch edition they had.
I can always ask if they'd do a refundable deposit instead. Thanks

Sponsored

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4, Chevy Chevelle SS, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just had a good laugh. Got an email from one of the 18 DFW dealerships I reached out to back in July to inquire about the Maverick. Here is what I just received:

"Hi Cory,

It's (REDACTED) from (DEALERHSIP REDACTED), I wanted to check in to see how you are doing? Are you driving a Ford Maverick yet?

Let me know if you need anything.

Thanks."

Some dealers are so clueless it's amazing. hahahahana. Good laugh this morning.

OP
OP
Derek's Maverick

Derek's Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just had a good laugh. Got an email from one of the 18 DFW dealerships I reached out to back in July to inquire about the Maverick. Here is what I just received:

"Hi Cory,

It's (REDACTED) from (DEALERHSIP REDACTED), I wanted to check in to see how you are doing? Are you driving a Ford Maverick yet?

Let me know if you need anything.

Thanks."

Some dealers are so clueless it's amazing. hahahahana. Good laugh this morning.
Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but that sounds more like a taunt. You didn't order one from them so ha, jokes on you kinda thing? But yah, the alternative isn't much better.

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but that sounds more like a taunt. You didn't order one from them so ha, jokes on you kinda thing? But yah, the alternative isn't much better.
Agreed, probably a good thing you didn't order from that dealer. Consider yourself lucky.

OP
OP
Derek's Maverick

Derek's Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah that what I would try to do.
They will do a refundable down payment of $500 instead. Is there ever any issue getting the money back if an issue occurs?
Sponsored