Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Transit 150, 97 Aerostar AWD, future XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
From this morning.

SUMMARY
There is no denying that the excitement and demand for the All-New Ford Maverick truck has been
tremendous. The 2022 North American Truck of the Year has been a huge hit with customers, with many
still waiting on updates regarding the status of their retail orders. The combination of incredibly strong
retail order demand and unprecedented supply chain issues has created a number of capacity constraints
that have prolonged our ability to schedule many of these retail orders for production. These constraints
will require some customers to have to either modify their existing 2022 model year retail order, or wait to
place a 2023 model year retail order when the Maverick order bank re-opens this summer.

RETAIL ORDER SCHEDULING CRITERIA
While Ford still plans to produce a limited number of 2022 model year Mavericks for dealer stock
inventory, the priority for remaining production will go to unscheduled Maverick retail orders based on the
date they were submitted by the customerā€™s Ford dealership, vehicle model and configuration selected,
part availability, and the number of vehicles the customerā€™s Ford dealership receives:

1. Retail order receipt date (oldest retail orders scheduled first)
2. Vehicle model and configuration selected relative to capacity constraints on these specific
optional features and packages:
ā€¢ Co-Pilot360 package (optional on XL, XLT, and Lariat trims)
ā€¢ XLT Luxury package (optional on XLT trim)
ā€¢ Lariat Luxury package (optional on Lariat trim; requires Co-Pilot360 package)
ā€¢ Spray-In Bedliner (optional on XL, XLT, and Lariat trims; included in Lariat Luxury package)
ā€¢ Cargo Management System (optional on XL, XLT, and Lariat trims; included in XLT & Lariat Luxury
packages)
ā€¢ Bed Extender (optional on XL, XLT, and Lariat trims)
ā€¢ Bed Tray (optional on XL, XLT, and Lariat trims)
ā€¢ Hard Trifold Tonneau Cover (optional on XL, XLT, and Lariat trims)
3. Retail order verification completed by the Ford dealership
ā€¢ A required step by the Ford dealership for retail order scheduling is to complete the Customer
Order Verification Process (COVP) which authenticates and approves the retail order.
4. Dealer Allocation based on Approved Market Basket Formula

RETAIL ORDER CUSTOMER OPTIONS
With expectations of these unprecedented supply chain issues continuing, we would ask all of our Ford
dealers that have customers with retail orders including the optional features and packages listed above
to contact their customers and review the options available to them:
1. The customer can work with their Ford dealer to make amendments to their 2022 model year
retail order (i.e. remove constrained features or option packages), dramatically improving the
opportunity for it to be scheduled for production this year.
ā€¢ Memo: Please note that we recommend against any changes to the retail orderā€™s body code
or PEP code (e.g. Lariat to XLT) as this will also change the receipt date of the order.
2. The customer can continue to wait for their 2022 model year retail order to schedule within the
capacity constrained levels. If the order is unable to be scheduled in the 2022 model year the
customer would need to work with their Ford dealer to convert their retail order to a 2023 model
year order when the retail order bank re-opens this summer.

Dealer Letter Template
RETAIL ORDER AMENDMENT RECOMMENDATIONS
For those retail orders that have been delayed due to capacity constraints on the optional features and
packages listed above, please find the recommended order changes below.
Order Combination Recommended Change

1 Spray-In Bedliner without XLT/Lariat Luxury Package Remove Spray-In Bedliner
2 Hard Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover w/o XLT or Lariat Luxury Package Remove Tonneau Cover
3 Cargo Management System w/o XLT or Lariat Luxury Package Remove Cargo Management System
4 Bed Extender w/o XLT or Lariat Luxury Package Remove Bed Extender
5 Bed Tray w/o XLT or Lariat Luxury Package Remove Bed Tray
6 Co-Pilot360 w/o XLT or Lariat Luxury Package Remove Co-Pilot360
7 XLT Luxury Package w/o Co-Pilot360 Remove XLT Luxury Package
8 Co-Pilot360 w/o Lariat Luxury Package Remove Co-Pilot360
9 Lariat Luxury Package Remove Lariat Lux Package but keep Co-Pilot360
10 Lariat Luxury Package Remove Lariat Lux Package and Co-Pilot360

We understand that customers who placed a retail order are frustrated with continuing to wait for news on
the status of their order, which is why we are looking for our Ford dealers to support by advising their
customers of their options. It is extremely important that our retail order customers understand their
options and are given the choice of how they would like to proceed before any changes are made to their
order.
Thank you in advance for your support.
Sponsored

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is the first real Ford distributed statement I have seen that comes close to admitting that not all 2022 model year orders will be filled. I feel like it still isn't QUITE there with an admission, but it is pretty close! Not that I am happy to see it.....

I mean....I don't expect them to say "exactly 3,549 Mavericks wont be built in the 2022 model year unless specific constrained items are removed", but their word choice still leaves much to be desired.

OP
OP
93nighthawk

93nighthawk

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don't have a link, it was e-mailed to me.
I think the goal of their "link" comment was to find out the source. Are you a dealer? Did your dealer essentially forward you a memo THEY got from Ford Corporate, etc....

In theory, this info is not new. Dealers (the smart ones) have been calling their customers for months suggesting they remove constrained items. But this seems like a more "official" statement than what we have seen in the past.

Sponsored

Twixel Jackson

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If it was emailed to all dealers, Tim must have gotten one. Maybe he can confirm the receipt of such an email.

sunismymed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 xl
Engine
Undecided
capacity constraints
that have prolonged our ability to schedule many of these retail orders for production.
Probably meant to write 'delayed' instead of 'prolonged' - but this sort of grammar error is more consistent with a dealership communication than something from FMC.

OP
OP
93nighthawk

93nighthawk

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think the goal of their "link" comment was to find out the source. Are you a dealer? Did your dealer essentially forward you a memo THEY got from Ford Corporate, etc....

In theory, this info is not new. Dealers (the smart ones) have been calling their customers for months suggesting they remove constrained items. But this seems like a more "official" statement than what we have seen in the past.
Yes, FMC sent an update this morning.

Ford Maverick [Dealer Memo] Not all 2022 Mavericks will be built. Update on Maverick Retail Order Scheduling, Customer Options and Order Amendment 1645562008289

Here is the top of the communtion.

Sponsored

ThrowbacK

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corolla SE
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So.. do I take off my Co-Pilot 360? Or do I not need to because I have a build email date of March 21st.

Vols44

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If it was emailed to all dealers, Tim must have gotten one. Maybe he can confirm the receipt of such an email.
@fordvideoguy now has this production memo, the Sync Master Reset/radio freezing, Ford Performance Chips, slow power window operating, poor sound deadening material, MY23 option speculation and things I haven't thought of yet to pick from during tonight's YT live stream E 28, brought to you by the sponsors of 2-22-22 (I just made the last part up).

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So.. do I take off my Co-Pilot 360? Or do I not need to because I have a build email date of March 21st.
Those tips are for unscheduled orders. Don't change if your order already has a build week!! (Actually, you couldn't change even if you wanted to at this point)

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ok....now my conspiracy brain is working.

What if the reason they are taking this week off from scheduling is linked to this memo going out. Now dealers have at least a week to chase down their customers to remove constrained items before scheduling starts back up again. Hmm.....can we assign that much logic and forward looking thinking to Ford? Maybe...
Sponsored